New Vfr800 Vtec Will Be Introduced At Eicma.

V4 Rosso

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Honda could have saved 35K in development and stole from you guys! ;)

You mean 5K in development .

I bet they re-design there air box and that's my the fuel tank is larger ..

It must be all be rooted into the "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" corporate theme that they came up with way back in the 60's......

I guess they think that most "nice" people don't ride HP monster bikes.... :rolleyes:

Heck!, didn't they quickly de-tune and loaded up the six cyclinder CBX with a heavy (and ugly) touring style fairing, right after everyone raged about it's first version's power back in the end of the 70's...... Only time Honda went out to play again was when they first came out with the CBR900, and they thought (based on interviews with the engineer of the bike) that they kinda went overboard (by Honda's standards) with that bike....

So we never can expect Honda to push the VFRs HP ratings to be ahead of its competition......

Yup.

I want to see a front shot

Also curious to know how 1 extra cc (782 vs 781) makes an extra 6.5 hp?

No Replacement for Displacement of course! :goofy:

Cool, I've always wanted a VFR 800. :unsure:

Nothing nice about the 2014 Fireblade, Beck. Nasty light powerful Superbike with no traction control. Honda probably make the hardest edged 1000 sportster right now.

That 'nicest people' thing finished in the late '60s. I think they've moved on a bit since then.

The new tank is smaller

• Member Contributer

Well, mixed reviews from many on this......

I am kinda torn on it.

Is it what I wanted? (1000cc, USD forks, under 500lbs) No.

Do I think this model is a good thing? You bet.

I was considering upgrading to a newer VFR in a couple years. Wasn't sure if I would go for a newer 6th gen with ABS, or opt for the 1200F (with its limitations and non-800 V4 sound)

Now there is another option, and it IS an improvement over the 6th gen, so this pleases me. I absolutely LOVE the new wheels and swingarm.

Pricing will play a strong consideration on what I decide to buy, but I don't mind it. The styling looks like the lovechild of a 6th gen and a CBR500 as others have said, but I like its looks and fuel range much over the 1200 cosmetics.

I could see myself possibly buying one, but we will see. :smile:

• Member Contributer

I'm with Q-Dawg. (Except on the 1200 part) I just can't get past much on the 1200. I did send an e-mail to Honda Canada to see if it was going to be availible in Canada. No response yet. Its definitely the seventh gen though. They never did stop making the 6 gen, just stopped selling it in N. America. I think the 1200 is the odd man out here. And if it doesn't make it here, I could be in to the idea of cannibalising parts for my 5 gen as was previously mentioned.

• Member Contributer

The new tank is smaller

Thought it was 5.9 gallons ..21.5 liters equals 5.68 gallons ..

On a friendly note..... 6th gens will come down in price, so maybe I can buy my very first 21st century bike!

Your ears will thank you ....

• Member Contributer

Can someone photochop CBR front end onto the VFR with Panigale exhaust?

THAT would be a package worthy of my coin.

• Member Contributer

Honda USA doesn't have an email address for us to send our comments and questions to. Maybe that's the issue. My biggest issue is that it's not available here.

The 2014 VFR will not be imported to the U.S. according to rideapart.com. I can see wanting more power if you're like 400lbs with a spouse to match but we're talking a freaking STREET bike, an 800cc softly sprung STREET bike that in properly trained hands can STILL keep up with most anything on the street despite the vtec, weight, suspension, and so called lack of power. At least that has been my experience in the 4 years of riding my '07 vfr. I've ridden with many guys on the latest and greatest flavor of the month bikes and they never had to wait for the old man on the vfr. Unless you are allergic to other bike brands why continue whining and pining for something Honda has no interest in making?

Aprilia has a great v4 if you must have one. Waay to many bikes on the market with all the power and suspension you can handle.

• Member Contributer

Hmmm...I was not expecting a reduction in displacement. Heck, I was wondering whether they'd continue producing the VFR as it just hasn't been selling well. Glad to see it's still alive but would have liked to see more, although it's not bad by any means. The wheels look great and I happen to like the tail section. No more split radiator. Swing arm looks fantastic and the dash is really nice. Standard ABS is also a welcome addition and stock heated grips are nice too. The stock clip-ons look really nice but I couldn't go without my Convertibars. It will be interesting to see the luggage and if there is a taller/wider windscreen (my only complaint about my current 6th gen). I was hoping for shaft drive personally as I'm just tired of chains.

VFRMike.

On a friendly note..... 6th gens will come down in price, so maybe I can buy my very first 21st century bike!

I didn't think you liked the 6th gen Timmy. Also, what year is your RC51?

Oh snap. My RC51 is a 2001, so I am all current. I forgot it was an 01. Missed it by that much.

Ten=tension=rebound...right?

Yes. :fing02:

As much fun as it is to crunch numbers, the best argument always comes when the bike gets ridden. It will be interesting to see some ride reports compared to the 6th gen.

Yeah, when Honda has their annual winter test ride in southern Europe for the motor journals and have a spare bike, they can shoot me a PM :biggrin:

Archived