New Vfr800 Vtec Will Be Introduced At Eicma.

V4 Rosso

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

10 pages tonight !!!!

I'll do my part . . . :goofy:

Regardless of whether one likes this bike or not for any variety of reasons - similar to when any generation has been introduced - personally I think it's a hell of a lot better for us as a community than no VFR in Honda's lineup. Could it be better? Hell yeah. On the other hand, given the development and tooling costs, it doesn't surprise me much that the manufacturers are doing what the carmakers have been doing for some time - sharing parts across platforms to cut costs.

• Member Contributer

10 pages tonight !!!!

I'll do my part . . . :goofy:

Regardless of whether one likes this bike or not for any variety of reasons - similar to when any generation has been introduced - personally I think it's a hell of a lot better for us as a community than no VFR in Honda's lineup. Could it be better? Hell yeah. On the other hand, given the development and tooling costs, it doesn't surprise me much that the manufacturers are doing what the carmakers have been doing for some time - sharing parts across platforms to cut costs.

Yeah the CBR, for now, carries Honda's racing hopes ...

Oh mama...

faa6a7ac-1bfd-42bc-b016-9c9b78d3ef6f.jpg

26d77042-f73d-4d38-aa9c-6791d4064a16.jpg

Now that's good lookin front wheel ...

• Member Contributer

I wanna see the dam stator !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Or at least sale them(stator's) in a six pack ..

Ha,ha,ha.

I missed the part where the majority of us said we love the VTEC and can't live without it.please bring it back.How bout a 1000cc and hard bags included?

Parts bin or not, they dropped a good bit of weight and made it look more like a CBR. Those are mods that folks here have been spending a lot of time and money on. I think they are watching and have made an attempt.

I will buy one....in about ten years when somebody is done with it. :goofy:

For now, I'll keep not riding my trusty 6th gen.

• Member Contributer

If only they rummaged through the CB1000R forks bin instead of coming up with this front end. It's an improvement, but still...Part bin bikes are fine so long as they rummage through the good stuff.

• Member Contributer

According to America Honda that new VFR800F will not be available as a 2014 model.... link above.

Well, thanks to them for saving me the trouble. You'll see me at my local MV dealer soon...or on an FZ-09. Nice work Honda!

Hell even a Tuono is leaps ahead...I'd settle for a new 800 cc MV or 900 triple if they come w factory bags....

Hate to say it, but Fu%$ Honda...I'm tired of continuous disappointment.

Well, I look at what the vfr offers over my present vfr, and I have to say not impressed, enough to want one. The cbr has bremo brakes and ohlins forks, wow whats going on with the japanese?

Exactly.

• Member Contributer

It doesn't check all of my boxes, but I still like it. Forks from the cbr 1k would be a huge improvement. By the time they do bring it to the states maybe they will address the suspension. I'm just afraid it will cost close to $14k

Unfortunately, I agree.

It is very disappointed that Honda is not bringing this to the US- coming from a former VFR800 owner. If Honda ever actually releases a 1000cc or less V4 sportbike with quality suspension (fully-adjustable front and rear) and running gear, with or even without hard luggage as an option, chain final drive, for a reasonable price, I believe that people would line up to buy them. I know that I would. When Honda released the VFR1200F and not a true V4 sportbike or smaller V4 sport-touring bike, I traded my well-used (and well-loved!) VFR800 for a crossplane R1, which is now my do-it-all bike, with no regrets. I know that I am not the only former-VFR owner that feels ignored (maybe even slightly betrayed) by Honda.

According to America Honda that new VFR800F will not be available as a 2014 model.... link above.

Well, thanks to them for saving me the trouble. You'll see me at my local MV dealer soon...or on an FZ-09. Nice work Honda!

Hell even a Tuono is leaps ahead...I'd settle for a new 800 cc MV or 900 triple if they come w factory bags....

• Member Contributer

That is definitely a re-used CBR fender - which means a carbon version will be easy to find.

I wonder what diameter the forks are.

May actually have to go to NYC for the bike show, if they bring this over.

43mm same as 6G...

• Member Contributer

My toaster is reliable . . .

And fat ugly girls.Doesn't mean I want to ride em.

• Member Contributer

I kinda like it. Sounds like it is not coming to N.America, but sometimes Canada gets Euro-leftovers so maybe they will test it here first and see if anyone buys one.

I have never been a big fan of the 6th gen's styling, but it looks better in some colors than others. I would really have to see one in person.

Archived