Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


SEBSPEED last won the day on June 1

SEBSPEED had the most liked content!



  • Birthday 03/06/1982

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Location
    Catskill Mtns, NY
  • In My Garage:
    Lathe, Mill, Tig, no RC45...

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

SEBSPEED's Achievements


Veteran (13/14)

  • Dedicated Rare
  • Reacting Well Rare
  • First Post
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges



  1. The piston sizes are listed in the descriptions if you go to Oberon's site. The 5th gen unit is larger than the 6th gen, which eases the lever effort. It is a worthwhile upgrade. I installed a 5th gen version along with a Brembo RCS master cylinder during my Torocharger install. The supercharger kit required 100lb clutch springs, and I was concerned about lever effort. My current setup with ss line is slightly lighter than stock, even with the massively heavier clutch springs. If you have an older original clutch slave, the Oberon is worth the $ just from a replacement and lever feel/control standpoint. Reduced lever effort will be a bonus.
  2. Thanks, I do want to sell mine. The "couple mods" line isn't a link yet, unfortunately.
  3. I used ST1300 cables recently when I swapped to a Superbike bar on my 6th gen. The 1300 has correct free play for FI setups while the 1100 parts are better suited for carb installs. The 1300 cables ended up being a tad long for my installation. I do plan to raise the bar up in the future, so that will take care of itself.
  4. We have a member here @cruzinaz who has owned and operated a wheel sales and repair business for 30ish years. He's done numerous wheels for me at very fair prices. https://www.nuwheel.com/ Call and ask for Kent, I'm not sure how often he checks in here. Tell him Sebastian sent you. @TimC this is the guy I was telling you about for your BMW wheel.
  5. I think I need another 8G style header. I'm not in any rush, just voicing interest for future consideration.
  6. Loosen the 1 bolt holding the handlebar on. Remove the bar from the fork, slide the tube off the bar. No need to undo cable ends.
  7. Branded oil weight unfortunately doesn't mean much, you need to determine proper oil by centistoke or cSt rating. Have a look here: https://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/index.php?title=Suspension_Fluid Traxxion recommended Maxima 7 125-150 oil when they built my shim stacks for my Racetech G2R comp and Traxxion rebound valves. The Maxima oil has a cSt of 26.70, which I was pleasantly surprised to find very close to the 50/50 SS-7/SS-8 blend I was using before (cSt of 26.455)
  8. I have a pile of leftovers from the rebuild of my 2005. Not dead set on any pricing but I don't want to throw them away. All parts were/are garage kept but have about 49,000mi on them. All are good serviceable parts, no crash damage. I have: Stock forks - at least one needs a seal but the chrome is nice and I believe I have a full set of oem bushings and seals for rebuilding them. $100 SPF Front axle $20 Top triple $20 Front wheel with bearings/collar/spacers $100 Front rotors $75 Rear wheel $100 Full brake caliper set with pads (cut rubber lines) $60 SPF Rear brake fluid reservoir $5 Throttle cables $20 Airbox $20 SPF Coolant hose set $20 Master cylinders and levers $75 Left clip on (with weights) $80 Right clip on (with weights) $80 Bar ends $10 Stock fuel pressure regulator $10 Throttle body set for parts $30 Oil cooler $20 Clutch slave + stock line, bolt on & use, $40 Low mileage oil cooler $50 SPF (2) stock seats $20 each Stock header, complete, very solid, $40 - have new crush washers and gaskets needed for installation if desired for additional $ 2005-06 CBR600RR wheel with rotors/bearings, rim protector coated Gold $175 Not really interested in shipping any of the big stuff. Make an offer on a bundle or the entire lot. Send a pm or email for pics. The wheels come with free michelin rim protectors - fine for mockup, but I wouldn't ride on them. Thanks
  9. Hi Ross, as Sweeper said that tank was real carbon twill wrapped over a steel 6g tank. Multiple layers of resin, and clear top coat to protect.
  10. No dipstick, I added a clear tube to indicate oil level I bought a complete used A&A kit, one of the original 6g kits. I made the oil cooler from a 6g radiator. New larger SH847 rr is mounted on the left side of the frame now. I didn't get a chance to make a thread for my rebuild before leaving on a trip, but I plan to make a list of mods with pics when I return.
  11. Mods in store and done, along with a rock guard.
  12. A pic from the other day. I have since installed the upper cowl with lights and am just waiting to get in the paint booth to finish the right side panel, then it will be done.
  13. Strange coincidence... I just pulled my "new old stock" carbon fiber one out of my toolbox to install it. Rivcyko (Travis Paul) is on facebook and last I heard, he had just a couple left. The molds are long gone.
  14. Just go get a couple M8x1.25 bolts in the same length from your local hardware. Install them with medium loctite. If someone really wants to steal your bike, it's definitely not the lack of security bolts that will stop them. Sucks that you have to eat the cost of the 2 Honda bolts, but 2 regular ones will be cheaper than any tool that Honda sells.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.