New Vfr800 Vtec Will Be Introduced At Eicma.

V4 Rosso

2014_Honda_VFR800F.JPG

782cc, 106HP @10.250, 76Nm @8500, 217Kg dry weight.

Too bad about the low mount exhaust but that and the two piece seat may indicate a larger storage compartment. I do like the rear wheel (10 spoker). I can't really tell from this poster but it looks like it still has a regular fork and not a USD fork.

Also "new" is the Fireblade SP with fancy suspenders and brakes (Öhlins/Brembo) & track optimised ABS

2014_Honda_FirebladeSP.JPG

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well, this came as a surprise :happy: ...

So the engine stays the same I guess, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...

I wonder about the suspension, electronics etc...

I really dig the 10 spoke rear wheel as well...

Is it me or are the side mounted radiators gone?

I can't see any VTEC stickers, so they've done away with it perhaps. But I can't see ABS stickers either and there's definitely an ABS ring up front, so this may not mean much...

• Member Contributer

Same engine, same weight. Radial mount calipers on conventional forks? The 10 spoke looks good. I like how they didn't make it a 1200 copy like the 250. Mirrors look good and the running lights in them is a nice bonus. Is that an oil cooler under the front head? Looks a bit big for oil.

• Member Contributer

Eagerly looking forward to finding out how many bits will swap over to my 6th gen. USD forks with radial calipers maybe? Mirrors w/directionals?

• Member Contributer

I guess adding the 1300 V4 from that CTX would make it too porky. An electric windscreen would be nice, too. ST1300 amenities and seating ergos in a smaller package for me, please.

• Member Contributer

If there is a RWB version... sign me up :P looks pretty sweet. +1 on the side exhaust though. under the seat would look mean

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/2014-honda-vfr800f/23894.html

Visordown has some additional info and pics.

From the pics it looks like the fork now has adjustable rebound damping. Also the new VTEC now has traction control and 20mm seat height adjustment, a new swingarm and LED headlight (also on the new CB1300S).

• Member Contributer

"The VFR800F will be available in the following colour options: Pearl Glare White, Darkness Black Metallic, Victory"

Darkness black, hard up for adjectives...??? The side zorst is pox, love the 10 spoke...

• Member Contributer

There's a lot that I am liking. I didn't see the adjustable rebound though. And wondering about that new subframe and no mention of OEM luggage. Maybe that'll come later. Start stocking up on those 6th gen headers and exhausts. Their value just might jump up.

• Member Contributer

Good find!

I am actually a bit surprised to see Honda update our trusty VFR. Hopefully they expand the range and introduce the naked v-four 800 also.

- The new swingarm is dead sexy (very MV Agusta-ish)

- Beautiful rear wheel

-Upgraded suspension and brakes

-Upgraded dashboard including GPI- very helpful since most of us add these anyways. I know I love mine

-More fuel range

-LED headlight

-Turn signals integrated into the mirors

-Heated grips standard (hopefully the USA gets this also)

-Adj seat height

-Traction control (although I have never really needed this on my bike with good tires)

Dislikes:

-I am personally not in love with the new fairing shape. Still looks a bit too much like a VFR 1200 to me with its "slab siding". I like the 6th gen look better (yea, obviously biased)

-Another high mount exhaust bites the dust- thanks to EPA and noise regulations. Yeah it helps with weight, but sure is ugly stock. Keeps the exhaust companies busy though.

-Where is the luggage? Hopfeully its as good as the 6th gens- and actually holds a full face helmet in EACH bag.

Hopefully there will be some interchangability between this VFR and other gens- at least the 6th gen. The wheel, swingarm, forks, etc.

If they can keep the price (with luggage) below $10k in the US it should be marketable. I wonder if the 1200 will continue.

That leads to the next obvious question-So what generation does this make this VFR?

• Member Contributer

Well based on the video the wheel has a 5 hole bolt pattern, so no direct rear wheel swap. It did look like there is an adjuster for the rear shock on the left side above the chain guard, most likely pre-load. I like that it comes standard with ABS and heated grips too. Apart from the side mounted exhaust, it looks really good, but is this the non-US version we are seeing?

OK Fellow VFR "modders", let the idea gears spin away!

Well based on the video the wheel has a 5 hole bolt pattern, so no direct rear wheel swap. It did look like there is an adjuster for the rear shock on the left side above the chain guard, most likely pre-load. I like that it comes standard with ABS and heated grips too. Apart from the side mounted exhaust, it looks really good, but is this the non-US version we are seeing?

OK Fellow VFR "modders", let the idea gears spin away!

^^ This is what I came here to say.

I was really looking forward to the idea of a 10spoke rear. To be honest, this picture is the first bike to really get me thinking about replacing my 6th gen down the road. I am a big fan of the moved radiators, sleek swingarm, improved dash, blah blah blah this thing is probably 15 years ahead of mine so all that.

-Drew

**ALSO, I cannot believe the tail section still looks fat and overweight. They removed the cans and kept the clumsy appearance! step 1 is a CBR tail swap.

I don't see the real need for Traction Control at those same power levels. That will surely add to the MSRP.

Traction control on that bike doesn't any sense at all,a slipper clutch would have been spot on.

• Member Contributer

..................under $10k.................. dream on..................

• Member Contributer

Same engine, same weight. Radial mount calipers on conventional forks? The 10 spoke looks good. I like how they didn't make it a 1200 copy like the 250. Mirrors look good and the running lights in them is a nice bonus. Is that an oil cooler under the front head? Looks a bit big for oil.

It does look too big for an oil cooler, I wonder if they ditched the side mounts for a front/rear rad set up? maybe taking up some of the under-tail exhaust space for the rear rad...

do not like the "Must buy from Honda clip-ons", the old fashioned forks and the absence of solo cowl.

It doesnt matter though because I would bet a dime to a donut that it isnt sold in America.

Yes, I am happy to see that Honda is bringing back a proper sport touring bike that was there flagship for 2 1/2 decades. Bringing it back with a 12 year old engine and frame, come on, Honda can do better than that.

• Member Contributer

The quickshifter is an interesting option. I don't think that was a priority on most people's mod list. But at least it's an option and not standard.

Since it is the same VTEC engine and frame, is there any reason at all that the swingarm wouldn't bolt right up at a minimum? And if luggage isn't an option, bolt a 6th gen tail, luggage rack, and undertail exhaust? The tail would probably be work trying to fit the electronic bits somewhere.

• Member Contributer

do not like the "Must buy from Honda clip-ons", the old fashioned forks and the absence of solo cowl.

It doesnt matter though because I would bet a dime to a donut that it isnt sold in America.

Same bar type as the ST1300...I get that this is the VFR800F but I am wanting a VFR800R....or an RVF800...the quote from Visordown..."The new bike supercedes the current VFR800 and Honda say they’ve developed it with a close eye on feedback from owners of the current VFR800."

Then where are the USD forks? I see they upgraded the brakes to radial and the 310mm disks will help....I guess I will withhold judgment until I see: 1. If the bike even makes it to North America, 2. if the front suspension upgrades are, 3. whether I can swap that swingarm onto a 5G....

I think it would great with Staintune high mount. I know if you like the 10 spoke wheel you can prolly swap the hub to the 5/6G swingarm but that swingarm looks so nice int he photos.

If the 1200 wasn't selling at $15k and the last 6G models here in the US were discounted to around $8k to move then where does this one get priced if it is brought here?

Archived