Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Member Contributer

They trespassed into his garage and physically took hold of him and were trying to film him while doing something to him with a giant toy penis. 4 or 5 Italians from a bad taste tabloid comedy programme of some sort who live off ridiculing people.

Yes that's the story I read, still can't copy and paste though.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

sometimes I cannot copy and paste either; I then switch to Firefox....

• Member Contributer

All fun and games, but these "journalists" invading MM's home is not on.

I bet they do not have the balls to try that at Colin or Nicky's property......

• Member Contributer

Rossi needs to learn old Micky-D's special corner trick. He was the first to work out that application of the rear brake when accelerating out of a corner would take the edge off the NSR's wheel spinning power band. He then learned that if you are being pushed hard, then a little dab mid corner would cause your closely following rival to have to take avoiding action !

That's what Rossi should have done, the desired effect is identical, your opponent, either has to stand the bike up & run wide losing time, or hit your rear wheel & we all know that usually causes the following bike to wipe out !

Either way Marquez is a little sh!t & knocked himself off by turning in to Rossi, rather than run wide. This will run & run like Prost & Senna, or Schumacher & Hill. I hope Rossi gets a reduction in penalty, as Marquez, got away with much worse in Moto2 with no penalties whatsoever. He's out of the running, and thinks he's better than Rossi, but to prove that in history would require him to win more, so stopping Rossi winning a 10th championship would make his target easier !

• Forum CEO

The important question is...

Will Pedrosa be the man to beat next year? I think next year may be his best chance for a championship.

NO this is Pedrosas MO he always comes on strong late in the season when its too late, mark my words. He will struggle next season again at the start of it.

Anybody else see the "personal matter" Rossi was speaking of in the interview that MM was angry about? Maybe the lead up to all this in the first place, MM brings his crew to VR's place to set up his flat track bike on a supposed 'fun weekend' and pisses everybody off, hes a little shit alright.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2015/october/reed-rossi-and-marquez-were-literally-ready-to-die-at-vr46-ranch/

• Member Contributer

To clarify the CAS process, as far as I can tell, the appeal will be on the penalty imposed (3 points), and the arbitration panel can review the entire incident. I don't think they could impose a different penalty, but might be able to reduce the three points down to one, if not remove them entirely. Rossi's immediate application is for the CAS to stay the application of the 3-point penalty until the CAS can hear the entire case (which can take several months). In order to succeed with the stay, Rossi needs to show that there would be irreparable harm in allowing the penalty to be enforced at Valencia. The FIM and Race Direction would likely be consulted regarding such a claim to ascertain the liklihood of such harm, but then the CAS will decide on issuing the stay--by the end of next week, we've been told. The stay is not the end of the process Rossi has begun, just the beginning, but the 2015 championship would no longer be affected by the Sepang incident if he is successful, because even if the three points are eventually upheld by the CAS, they would only be imposed at the next race--which will be held sometime during 2016.

If Rossi wins the stay (if not before), he should immediately apologise to one and all, as I have said before, not for causing Marc to crash (which, to anyone but a "kicker", he clearly did not), but for all of his other out-of-character actions since the Thursday press conference. Kickers are a small minority, so even if they will never change their minds, most other people will likely respond better to Rossi's possible 10th MotoGP World Championship than if he allows the "bad blood" to continue to boil. And if he loses anyway, he still looks better than if he were to carry the bitterness with Marc on through the off-season and into next season.

Ciao,

Yes, it would appear CAS can only reduce or remove the sanction, not change it for a different type nor augment the existing one.

I feel the stay should not delay the imposition of a sanction through to next year's championship. This incident took place during and as a direct result of the unfolding of events in this year's championship and the decision should be applied to this year's championship. Otherwise I feel it would be utterly lacking in relevance. I don't think a karma-like system has any impact or significance whatsoever. It sends the message you can do as you please and still take the trophy with no compensatory effort until it no longer matters. Next year he will no longer care, he will have achieved his 10th world championship (albeit through less than honourable means).

• Member Contributer

To clarify the CAS process, as far as I can tell, the appeal will be on the penalty imposed (3 points), and the arbitration panel can review the entire incident. I don't think they could impose a different penalty, but might be able to reduce the three points down to one, if not remove them entirely. Rossi's immediate application is for the CAS to stay the application of the 3-point penalty until the CAS can hear the entire case (which can take several months). In order to succeed with the stay, Rossi needs to show that there would be irreparable harm in allowing the penalty to be enforced at Valencia. The FIM and Race Direction would likely be consulted regarding such a claim to ascertain the liklihood of such harm, but then the CAS will decide on issuing the stay--by the end of next week, we've been told. The stay is not the end of the process Rossi has begun, just the beginning, but the 2015 championship would no longer be affected by the Sepang incident if he is successful, because even if the three points are eventually upheld by the CAS, they would only be imposed at the next race--which will be held sometime during 2016.

If Rossi wins the stay (if not before), he should immediately apologise to one and all, as I have said before, not for causing Marc to crash (which, to anyone but a "kicker", he clearly did not), but for all of his other out-of-character actions since the Thursday press conference. Kickers are a small minority, so even if they will never change their minds, most other people will likely respond better to Rossi's possible 10th MotoGP World Championship than if he allows the "bad blood" to continue to boil. And if he loses anyway, he still looks better than if he were to carry the bitterness with Marc on through the off-season and into next season.

Ciao,

Seems like being able to show likelihood of "irreparable harm" would be a slam dunk but that's just my opinion and we all know the saying about opinions...

This perfectly sums up my thoughts on this whole thing. It's nice to see a very experienced and respected racer express his honest views on the subject. Ride safe.

Mark

• Member Contributer

Exactly

Marquez was not upset immediately after the accident, did not attempt to re-enter the race, parked his bike in the garage, and disappeared from the cameras. This is not the behavior of someone who feels he was wronged.

How do you come to the conclusion Marc wasn't upset? How would you even know? All reliable sources say he was fuming as was his team.

He immediately picked up the bike wasting no time, but...

If you had been paying attention you would have seen the entire right footpeg assy on the ground next to the bike as seen from the onboard camera as Marc goes to pick up the bike. You can't race very well without footpegs can you? Or did you know this and still expect him to continue on with the race

I missed the footpeg, but you're missing the big picture, sir.

Watching the MM's body language is evidence enough. He is a very demonstrative rider when he crashes - arms flailing, head back. This crash was more cold and calculated - the most I saw from MM in this crash was a little head shaking. Rage, absolutely - but only because his revenge was not complete. This was war with a particular rider, not disappointment for having crashed out of the race. Totally agree with Mr. Pridmore above. Marquez fights for every corner in every race, but let Lorenzo by like it was a parade. The best riding in the world isn't going to take the place of maturity, which is the reason MM is not fighting for a championship at this very moment. Rossi should have parked Marquez a lot sooner.

Archived