Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Member Contributer

Alea iacta est....

Bring on 2016!!!!!

Brutus claims that Dani spoiled his chance to attack Lorenzo..

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I think the real bad guy here is Pedrosa, look how he gave the impression he was going to be taking a lonely 3rd and then out of nowhere he tries to torpedo MM! Totally broke his concentration and ruining his chances on taking first place from JL! Some team mate!

• Member Contributer

Alea iacta est....

Bring on 2016!!!!!

Brutus claims that Dani spoiled his chance to attack Lorenzo..

Dani probably feels MM spoiled Dani's chance to attack Lorenzo as well

I think the real bad guy here is Pedrosa, look how he gave the impression he was going to be taking a lonely 3rd and then out of nowhere he tries to torpedo MM! Totally broke his concentration and ruining his chances on taking first place from JL! Some team mate!

Pedroza couldn't wait all day for MM to make a move on Lorenzo...IMO...

• Member Contributer

I have never been a fan of Pedrosa, he needs to go .

• Member Contributer

Got to give Lorenzo credit as he was as good as he needed to be today. Based on Lorenzo's comments, sounds like he pulled a Senna in qualifying.

• Member Contributer

Marquez, up to that point, had 29 laps to try and put a pass on Lorenzo, not once did he try, then Pedrosa catches him, then he decides to fight with his own teammate, well done Marquez. :rolleyes: Honda could of had a one two, or but I forgot, that would of meant Rossi being champ. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Lorenzo might be a worthy MotoGP champion this year. There was certainly nothing wrong with his riding. And Rossi in fourth and Jorge winning the last race was always a possibility. But we'll never know what might have happened if Rossi hadn't incurred that devastating (and unfair) penalty. So, Lorenzo* gets a grudging "congratulations" from me. For the record, I think the conspiracy theories involving the Repsol riders and Lorenzo are without foundation. They appeared to me to be riding as hard as they could, regardless of how that affected the inter-Yamaha battle for the championship.

Let's not forget congratulations for the first British world champion since Barry Sheene in 1977: Moto3 champion Danny Kent. He and Miguel Olivera will be teammates next year in Moto2, and Olivera sure did everything he could, including winning the race. And a thoroughly nice fellow. I think they will make great teammates. OTOH, the situation in the Movistar Yamaha garage might be a bit tense next year!

* And an asterisk...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I have to giggle! It's fun watching and starting conspiracy theories!

• Member Contributer

I have never been a Lorenzo fan, quite the opposite, but no one was going to pass him today. His pace was fast and incredibly consistant.

What people seem to forget or just don't understand is that, in motor sports, there are literally thousands of factors that play into how fast someone can/will go. On any Sunday, one of those top 4 can win so why is it one guy over the other at any given race? It's easy for armchair racers to come up with all kinds of nonsense to explain why a rider can or can't pass another or say "that guy is not riding at 100%, he can easily go faster". They can disect time sheets and look at qualifying times, read medical reports, consult the tea leaves but not one of them can say with any degree of certainty(other than blind fan love) that they know what's happening on the track and can assign some guess as to why things are as they are.

To say now that the Honda's weren't really trying is silly. If you think that a top rider can't find/lose fast laps at the end, you haven't watched much racing. I have seen 100's of races over the past 3 decades and have seen guys charge to the front for a win and I've seen guys charge towards the front only to fade and no one ever said after they faded on purpose.

All this speculation is because someone lost who many love and someone won who many dispise. Karma set the ship straight. You want to lose your cool and pull a bush move, put your second place ribbon around your neck, open a bottle of wine and deal with it.

JL rode a great race and even if Rossi had started on the 3rd row, It's possible the outcome would not have been much different except Iannone might have been in front of Rossi had he not crashed.

Here's to next year.

• Member Contributer

Honda's are closing !

Lorenzo Wins !!!

Lorenzo Wins !!

Karma a bitch !!

"Karma set the ship straight"

Amen brother .

That Duc wheel snapped of BIG time.....

Can you translate ?

Ah duc wheel snapped off ?

Valentino Rossi renewed his attack on Marc Marquez after Sunday's MotoGP title defeat at Valencia.

The Italian star began Sunday's Valencia finale seven points ahead of Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo, but lined-up in last place due to a penalty for clashing with Marquez at Sepang.

That became 25th when Cal Crutchlow suffered late technical problem, but The Doctor still faced an enormous task. Rossi did everything realistically possible by charging through the field to fourth place by lap 13 of 30.

But Lorenzo, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa were long gone up front and Rossi's only chance of the championship was if both Repsol Hondas beat Lorenzo. That didn't happen and Rossi therefore saw a tenth world title slip away by just five points.

“This is the final of the championship that I personally, and also I think a lot of people, don't want to see because it was a great season, with a great battle with Marquez ad especially Lorenzo,” said Rossi, speaking in front of a mixed audience of media, Movistar Yamaha guests and VR46 fan clubs members - some of whom were in tears.

“I think that this championship had the potential to become one of the best of the last years because the battle with Jorge can arrive at the last point at the last race.

“But unfortunately at the last three races something changed and something happened that nobody expected. First of all me, but also a lot of people. That is Marc Marquez decided to protect Lorenzo to help him win the championship.

“So the problem started at Phillip Island and became worse and worse. We arrived in Malaysia where unfortunately we touch and Marquez crash. Then I learn on Thursday that I had to start last here - I knew already my championship was finished because I was sure Marquez wanted to finish his work and try to protect Lorenzo also in the last race.

“I said this already Thursday and it happened exactly as I expected.

“Today the race was quite embarrassing. The last lap I think was quite bad for all the sport, because something happened that never happen before and I'm not desperate because I think I play my cards in the best way, but I'm very sad with this finish.

“I was ready to lose the championship to Jorge, who is always very fast, but this way for me is not fair.”

Marquez denies ever assisting Lorenzo, saying if he had trying to help his fellow Spaniard at Valencia he would have been five-seconds behind, not just a few bikelengths.

The #93 added that an attack never came because he lost time when he was briefly passed by Pedrosa i the closing stages. The race finished with Marquez 0.263s from Lorenzo and Pedrosa 0.654s behind.

Crash.net asked Rossi to respond to Marquez's explanation.

“For me if you check the races of Marc Marquez in the last two years you know he always tries to overtake and minimum on the last lap. So the question is, why Marc Marquez never tried to overtake Jorge Lorenzo and never tried to make one attempt on the last lap?” Rossi replied.

“The situation became very embarrassing for Pedrosa, because Pedrosa was far [behind] and in the last laps he recovered two-seconds, which means that is the pace of Jorge and Marquez just waited.

“And for me, he [Marquez] liked that he helped Lorenzo and after when he take off the helmet he is just saying it is not true. But for me, he knows I will look at the television and it is clear that he helped Lorenzo, for me he is happy.”

Rossi also turned his sights on Honda: “For me the position of Honda is very strange. I don't know how a manufacturer can be agreed that one of its riders make the Yamaha win and try to fight just with his team-mate [Pedrosa]. This is very strange. But sincerely I don't understand.”

Rossi's title challenge at the age of 36, after a long and often difficult journey, captivated the motorsport world.

The Italian won seven championships between 2001 and 2009, but a downward spiral began with a broken leg in 2010, then two winless seasons at Ducati in 2011 and 2012.

Then came a winning return to Yamaha, but a bittersweet 2013 saw him blown away by Lorenzo. A shock change of crew chief underlined that Rossi wasn't content to make up the numbers and he turned the tables on Lorenzo last year, albeit a distant second behind the all-conquering Marquez.

While Marquez and Lorenzo faltered in the early stages of this season, Rossi used all of his experience to wring out 12 successive podiums, including four wins. His rostrum tally would reach 15 out of 18 by Valencia as he scored points in every round.

Still running that mouth !

I have never been a fan of Pedrosa, he needs to go .

I also thinks he secretly works for Yamaha just ask Rossi.

• Member Contributer
All this speculation is because someone lost who many love and someone won who many dispise. Karma set the ship straight. You want to lose your cool and pull a bush move, put your second place ribbon around your neck, open a bottle of wine and deal with it.

JL rode a great race and even if Rossi had started on the 3rd row, It's possible the outcome would not have been much different except Iannone might have been in front of Rossi had he not crashed.

Here's to next year.

Rossi will be back next year. Having done absolutely all he could possibly do by himself, he has dealt with the situation, laughing and smiling at the end. Can anyone really say that Lorenzo would have done the same, had Rossi won? :wink:

Ciao,

I saw the race, and before any post race analysis I could see that the Spanish rider Lorenzo was being protected to the finish line by the Spanish sponsored riders Marquez and Pedrosa. Right at the end Dani and Marquez got closer as if to make it look a bit better.

In Europe we have seen other big sports scandals; Tour de France Cycling, and FIFA with the soccer World Cup fiascos - and thanks to the U.S. authorities for bringing that to the World's attention - perhaps they could have a look into MotoGP as well.

That there should be some apparent fix, in a Spanish corporate dominated event, is not a surprise to me.

• Member Contributer

There has been a shameful lack of umbrella girl postings by the way................... :cool:

• Member Contributer

There has been a shameful lack of umbrella girl postings by the way................... :cool:

bc7002f3e00c0257ef8acf6091e07e3e.jpg

• Member Contributer

Laughing, smiling, and slinging more unfounded accusations at MM. Sore loser. It's a shame to see such a great champion act in this manner. Especially since his flock will blindly repeat anything he says.

Yep, his rep took another step backward for me as well. A great champion never whines to the public about being "robbed". It's something I tell my 10yo football players and even they understand it's lame.

I saw the race, and before any post race analysis I could see that the Spanish rider Lorenzo was being protected to the finish line by the Spanish sponsored riders Marquez and Pedrosa. Right at the end Dani and Marquez got closer as if to make it look a bit better.

In Europe we have seen other big sports scandals; Tour de France Cycling, and FIFA with the soccer World Cup fiascos - and thanks to the U.S. authorities for bringing that to the World's attention - perhaps they could have a look into MotoGP as well.

Wait, are you comparing MM's running a completely legal race with the corruption and illegal drug use of the Cycling world and the FIFA mess? And now even Honda execs are in on it? All I can say is WOW.

Just for the record...the US really did land a man on the Moon...honest.

• Member Contributer

This whole MM, VR BS reminds me of two things, the President Kennedy assassination, where no one can really believe that Oswald was the lone shooter and that there has to be a conspiracy, as one person like Oswald could not take out one of the most powerful men in the world by himself!

The other are the Nastradamus quatrains, where if you look at a situation from the point of view of the quantrain, you can probably find a few events to match them!

I'm grabbing a beer now! Peace out!

• Member Contributer

Rossi has always been a superior rider WHEN he is on superior equipment. Just look at his days with Ducati, he was just average.

Sorry I now need therapy !

+2

Archived