Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

I called Lorenzo a wiener because he acted like one by crying to race control and the appeal folks. But this has lifted his wiener status. He just says what happened and I can accept that. I dont like being lied to. Here is Lorenzo manning up:

Think Marquez held back? “The hardest part of the race was to see Pedrosa get very close. I thought I would run the risk of ending up third and lost the Championship, but in the end, they surely realized that there was a lot at stake for me, maybe in another type of race they could risk more and pass me. Instead they were very good because the title would remain in Spain (…) I always try to be honest, the truth is that I did a race in which I gave my best always, however sincerely today the Honda, it was very difficult to always keep the concentration and stand in front of them. They are Spanish like me and knew what was at stake, so I benefited because maybe without that little help, maybe considering that Valentino did a great race comeback from last to fourth place, he could win the Championship. So this title is mine, it is ours, but also of Spain.”

Oh right and Rossi isn't lying... Rossi hasn't lied... Rossi doesn't lie.... EVER!!!

I call BS Timmy. And you can't fine me for speeding over here in Spain!! LOL.

And in reply to the meme you posted: MM pulled off a last to first. VR didn't.

And you won't find MM making up stories and whinging to the press. He even stated on Sunday at Cheste that Rossi deserved to win the championship as he rode an excellent season and is a top class motorcycle racer. Even if he did consider VR's comments about not attempting an overtake on JL an insult.

Lorenzo beat Rossi on all fronts:

Lorenzo had more victories (well before PI)

Lorenzo had more pole positions (well before PI)

Lorenzo had more fastest lap times (well before PI)

Rossi had more pódiums (= 2nd or 3rd: i.e. behind Lorenzo mostly).

You can't argue with factual data.

You can make stuff up in make-believe fairy land and wikipedia.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Oh right and Rossi isn't lying... Rossi hasn't lied... Rossi doesn't lie.... EVER!!!

I call BS Timmy. And you can't fine me for speeding over here in Spain!! LOL.

And in reply to the meme you posted: MM pulled off a last to first. VR didn't.

And you won't find MM making up stories and whinging to the press. He even stated on Sunday at Cheste that Rossi deserved to win the championship as he rode an excellent season and is a top class motorcycle racer. Even if he did consider VR's comments about not attempting an overtake on JL an insult.

Lorenzo beat Rossi on all fronts:

Lorenzo had more victories (well before PI)

Lorenzo had more pole positions (well before PI)

Lorenzo had more fastest lap times (well before PI)

Rossi had more pódiums (= 2nd or 3rd: i.e. behind Lorenzo mostly).

You can't argue with factual data.

You can make stuff up in make-believe fairy land and wikipedia.

I think what you're trying to say about the meme, was this...

post-23057-0-44634400-1447188176.jpg

I am not in the Rossi camp. The facts are that MM says the reason for fighting 46 for third is he always fights the maximum to win. Then he does not attempt a single pass on Lorenzo in the whole race. All fair. No conspiracy. Just he wanted to mess with rossi and not lorenzo. All of this would have been avoided if 46 had kept his cool. He did not. And if you read my earlier post, I think Lorenzo would have won the whole thing if MM had sat out the last 2 races, so all MM accomplished was tarnishing Lorenzo's trophy.

• Member Contributer

Lorenzo Admits It !!!

Newly crowned MotoGP World Champion Jorge Lorenzo says he was better than title rival and team-mate Valentino Rossi in every department as he clinched his third premier class crown this season.

Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225029/1/lorenzo-i-was-better-than-rossi-in-everything.html#XeRTV71lsX4Uip23.99

• Member Contributer

He wasn't better in every department or he would have never trailed VR at any point in the year. He was better in the end when it counted, though.

• Member Contributer

Yeah, it was lucky Lorenzo had Marc protecting him, it was getting so bunched up there at the front. Oh wait, that was the Moto 3 race? What?! The closest rider to the front runners was VR and he was 19 seconds back and closest to him was Pol Espargo at 26 seconds back, never mind I had the wrong race in mind.

• Member Contributer

I agree this article does justice as a summary of the crazy last few weeks. Especially telling is the part where Rossi demands Dorna come talk to him in his trailer. As the author states, no rider is bigger than the sport, and Rossi and many of his most ardent fans believe he is.

70 pages, 698 replies and counting, this has to be one of the largest topics at VFRD, anyone know?

VFR800 header thread has 92 pages and 918 replies...

• Member Contributer

Oops...

77824ef0e95a6e8dcee3a3a20671b425.jpg

right, where is the ride report and PICTURES??????????????????????

I've always thought the best of those who are magnanimous in victory. :mellow:

mag·nan·i·mous

\mag-ˈna-nə-məs\

adjective

: having or showing a generous and kind nature

Full Definition

1 :showing or suggesting a lofty and courageous spirit <the irreproachable lives and magnanimous sufferings of their followers — Joseph Addison>

2 :showing or suggesting nobility of feeling and generosity of mind

He does comply w nuance no. 1, but the nobility of nuance no. 2...

• Member Contributer

mag·nan·i·mous

\mag-ˈna-nə-məs\

adjective

Full Definition

1 :showing or suggesting a lofty and courageous spirit <the irreproachable lives and magnanimous sufferings of their followers — Joseph Addison>

I wasn't talking about JL.

mag·nan·i·mous

\mag-ˈna-nə-məs\

adjective

Full Definition

I wasn't talking about JL.

Me neither...

• Member Contributer

mag·nan·i·mous

\mag-ˈna-nə-məs\

adjective

Full Definition

That's the bit you had me confused by.

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well... I knew this whole debacle reminded me of something from way back... and searching and searching... replaying old footage... I found it...

Doohan Vs Criville. Last race of 1996. Doohan was already technically world champion having a more than 50 point lead over Alex.

There are obvious and important similarities and differences. Doohan was untouchably way out front on points and could have stayed at home. Doohan had not accused Criville of unsportsman-like riding in previous races (had not riled him up). Criville was breathing down Mick's neck but was virtually unable to overtake Doohan. The background circumstances are quite different as is the end result (Criville does not go down in the "incident" due to Doohan's going wide, and actually takes Doohan out a few corners later on in a real "noob" move)... but it is similar in that Doohan deliberately runs wide to douse Criville's advance and even looks at him (once) as he does so... it's not as exaggerated as rossi's move, he doesn't bring Criville almost to a stop and doesn't get as far off line but Doohan ceretainly admits running wide on purpose during the 2debate" with Criville after the race in the Honda Repsol pitbox.

If you can't wait, watch from 2'00" mark:

Exchange of opinions in "the office":

• Member Contributer

Well well well... I knew this whole debacle reminded me of something from way back... and searching and searching... replaying old footage... I found it...

Doohan Vs Criville. Last race of 1996. Doohan was already technically world champion having a more than 50 point lead over Alex.

There are obvious and important similarities and differences. Doohan was untouchably way out front on points and could have stayed at home. Doohan had not accused Criville of unsportsman-like riding in previous races (had not riled him up). Criville was breathing down Mick's neck but was virtually unable to overtake Doohan. The background circumstances are quite different as is the end result (Criville does not go down in the "incident" due to Doohan's going wide, and actually takes Doohan out a few corners later on in a real "noob" move)... but it is similar in that Doohan deliberately runs wide to douse Criville's advance and even looks at him (once) as he does so... it's not as exaggerated as rossi's move, he doesn't bring Criville almost to a stop and doesn't get as far off line but Doohan ceretainly admits running wide on purpose during the 2debate" with Criville after the race in the Honda Repsol pitbox.

If you can't wait, watch from 2'00" mark:

Exchange of opinions in "the office":

After watching these videos, this seems to fit!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225365/1/doohan-no-lines-crossed-in-marquez-rossi-clash.html

So far there have been some great quotes from great racers, Casey Stoner's remark to Rossi..."Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent" and Doohan's...'Your perception of racing needs to be fine tuned I think"

Archived