Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Member Contributer

Setting lap times aside, what was blatantly obvious to me watching the last two races were the two COMPLETELY different riding styles of Marquez. I literally don't have a dog in this fight, but the fact is... not a single attempt to pass the leader was made the entire race. I ask myself, if that was Rossi leading the race, with Marquez in tow, would Marquez have run the same style race... :dry:

Sure. He would have sat back there, the entire time. :comp13:

I found the following quote from Jorge immediately after the race, the most fascinating.

“The hardest part of the race was to see Pedrosa get very close. I thought I would run the risk of ending up third and lost the Championship, but in the end, they surely realized that there was a lot at stake for me, maybe in another type of race they could risk more and pass me. Instead they were very good because the title would remain in Spain (…) I always try to be honest, the truth is that I did a race in which I gave my best always, however sincerely today the Honda, it was very difficult to always keep the concentration and stand in front of them. They are Spanish like me and knew what was at stake, so I benefited because maybe without that little help, maybe considering that Valentino did a great race comeback from last to fourth place, he could win the Championship. So this title is mine, it is ours, but also of Spain.”

How anyone can look at either side and say "truf" is mind boggling. Where there is smoke there is fire, and while Rossi may not be 100%, neither is Marquez. The truth is always in the middle.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm just going to leave these right here...

post-23057-0-94538400-1447102734.jpg

post-23057-0-23411800-1447102735.jpg

Hopefully I won't get dinged by the admins for the first image...

• Member Contributer

I'm just going to leave these right here...

attachicon.gif12196001_10206900174496474_1129999001232650330_n.jpg

attachicon.gif12219511_740286066126225_3708624489096198198_n.jpg

Hopefully I won't get dinged by the admins for the first image...

Yeah Rossi !!

• Member Contributer

This whole MM, VR BS reminds me of two things, the President Kennedy assassination, where no one can really believe that Oswald was the lone shooter and that there has to be a conspiracy, as one person like Oswald could not take out one of the most powerful men in the world by himself!

The other are the Nastradamus quatrains, where if you look at a situation from the point of view of the quantrain, you can probably find a few events to match them!

I'm grabbing a beer now! Peace out!

What happen to Peace out ?

Rossi's brain fart of two weeks ago caused him the Championship in what was one of if not the Best MotoGP seasons ever!

IMO Pedrosa came out on top with the highest Character level of the top 4, all three of the others lost points for me.

Steller ride by Lorenzo and great ride by Rossi to get to 4th from the rear.

Also IMO all this talk about people going faster or slower on purpose is BS as well, get your tires hot/overheated you have no choice but to slow then pick it back up when they cool(ie: Pedrosa today).

I wanted to see Rossi win his Tenth, but his whinning and on track brain fart lost much of my respect for someone with such a steller career. Lorenzo's complaints about wanting stiffer penalties against Rossi after his one track BS left me feeling less respect for him as well especially when it affected him in no way other then to try and gain points on Rossi off track.

Really wish this season could have finished on the amazing note it had carried all season vs how it did.

Hope 2016 is anywhere near as good.

BR

• Member Contributer

This whole MM, VR BS reminds me of two things, the President Kennedy assassination, where no one can really believe that Oswald was the lone shooter and that there has to be a conspiracy, as one person like Oswald could not take out one of the most powerful men in the world by himself!

The other are the Nastradamus quatrains, where if you look at a situation from the point of view of the quantrain, you can probably find a few events to match them!

That was yesterday and I was done with my beer!

• Member Contributer

Rossi's brain fart of two weeks ago caused him the Championship in what was one of if not the Best MotoGP seasons ever!

IMO Pedrosa came out on top with the highest Character level of the top 4, all three of the others lost points for me.

Steller ride by Lorenzo and great ride by Rossi to get to 4th from the rear.

Also IMO all this talk about people going faster or slower on purpose is BS as well, get your tires hot/overheated you have no choice but to slow then pick it back up when they cool(ie: Pedrosa today).

I wanted to see Rossi win his Tenth, but his whinning and on track brain fart lost much of my respect for someone with such a steller career. Lorenzo's complaints about wanting stiffer penalties against Rossi after his one track BS left me feeling less respect for him as well especially when it affected him in no way other then to try and gain points on Rossi off track.

Really wish this season could have finished on the amazing note it had carried all season vs how it did.

Hope 2016 is anywhere near as good.

BR

Perfectly said BR. The problem I have with Rossi and Lorenzo now is all about the off-track stuff. Glad my son is oblivous to it cause I try to teach his team mates to have some class, win or lose. I can give MM a break 'cause A. he's young and B. he met his super hero and reailzed that Superman was really just a man...a bitter man... that doesn't believe you when you tell him you had his poster.

• Member Contributer

In the end, Rossi wasn't fast enough on the track to win the championship. The end. Try again next year.

How many more years until all the bikes are closer to even and we can have more than 4/6 people going for the championship?

Yamaha and Honda on par, Ducati is there, just needs one more set of wings, Suzuki is close, just needs a tad more power, Aprilia is coming on, KTM in two years. The sport is bigger than any one rider. Last few years many complained about boring racing in the premier class, not boring anymore, in fact the competition is so fierce that people, riders and fanboys, are cracking under the pressure.

BTW, did anyone notice Jorge's Yamaha sported wings and Jorge basically said he doesn't expect to win the title again because it's so hard.

I hope Dani Pedrosa gets the title he's been trying hard to get next year.

• Member Contributer

That was yesterday and I was done with my beer!

10-4 :goofy:

And I am betting on Suzuki next year .

• Member Contributer

Is Schwantz coming out of retirement? :491: He's the only guy that I can remember to win a championship on a bike that was usually down about 15 hp on the competition. IIRC, it was the best handling bike of the big three when he won it and they say the 2015 bike turns and brakes well too.

• Member Contributer

Is Schwantz coming out of retirement? :491: He's the only guy that I can remember to win a championship on a bike that was usually down about 15 hp on the competition. IIRC, it was the best handling bike of the big three when he won it and they say the 2015 bike turns and brakes well too.

I think they pickup a few pony's and with the Mich's it evens out, that is if Rossi doesn't start whining about Marquez-Suzuki conspiracy !

Hot dam that's funny !

• Member Contributer

Yamaha will take on the forces of darkness that have shadowed the end of the 2015 season, and the force will be with them.

........and Lorenzo will be sacked from Yamaha.

I can tell you who likes him a lot President of Yamaha Hiroyuki Yanagi !

In the end, Rossi wasn't fast enough on the track to win the championship. The end. Try again next year.

That might have been a different story if he didn't have to kill his tires passing several dozen bikes from the last row which was very impressive itself.

But then again it's all a mute point now.

• Member Contributer

Yamaha will take on the forces of darkness that have shadowed the end of the 2015 season, and the force will be with them.

........and Lorenzo will be sacked from Yamaha.

Already rumors of Lorenzo going to Ducati. Lorenzo won his 250cc champions with Aprilia and Gigi was there. Now that Gigi has taken over Ducati and built the new bike, well all I can say is that Lorenzo and Gigi have been spotted coming in/out of Lorenzo's motorhome.

Michelins in 2016. Historically, not a front-end tyre. Goodbye, Jorge...

Ciao,

Yes and no. Bridgestone's front tire has universal acclaim among the riders and is the best front motorcycle racing tire ever made. This is going to force the riders to use the rear, and that will fall heavily into Honda's favor (and Ducati) as that is how their bikes are already. The crashes on the Hondas this year was due to them switching weight distribution from the rear to the front dealing with that engine. So now with Michelin, Honda isn't going to have to work near as hard as Yamaha. Testing today shows Marc and Andrea at the top. I've already heard that the riders are loving that Michelin rear already and regarding it in the same as Bridgestone's front.

Today's testing with the 2016 bikes is concluded (Yamaha used the 2015 bikes today, same as the race on Sunday)

Pos No Rider Bike Time Diff Prev 1 93 Marc Márquez Honda RC213V 1:31.551 2 29 Andrea Iannone Ducati GP15 1:31.639 0.088 0.088 3 26 Dani Pedrosa Honda RC213V 1:31.681 0.130 0.042 4 25 Maverick Viñales Suzuki GSX-RR 1:31.720 0.169 0.039 5 99 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha M1 1:31.767 0.216 0.047 6 35 Cal Crutchlow Honda RC213V 1:31.911 0.360 0.144 7 44 Pol Espargaro Yamaha M1 1:31.937 0.386 0.026 8 38 Bradley Smith Yamaha M1 1:31.997 0.446 0.060 9 41 Aleix Espargaro Suzuki GSX-RR 1:32.005 0.454 0.008 10 4 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati GP15 1:32.073 0.522 0.068 11 45 Scott Redding Ducati GP15 1:32.214 0.663 0.141 12 46 Valentino Rossi Yamaha M1 1:32.401 0.850 0.187 13 9 Danilo Petrucci Ducati GP15 1:32.442 0.891 0.041 14 8 Hector Barbera Ducati GP14.2 1:32.468 0.917 0.026 15 43 Jack Miller Honda RC213V 1:32.594 1.043 0.126 16 53 Tito Rabat Honda RC213V 1:32.673 1.122 0.079 17 6 Stefan Bradl Aprilia RS-GP 1:32.721 1.170 0.048 18 76 Loris Baz Ducati GP14.2 1:32.943 1.392 0.222 19 68 Yonny Hernandez Ducati GP14.2 1:33.046 1.495 0.103 20 19 Alvaro Bautista Aprilia RS-GP 1:33.061 1.510 0.015 21 50 Eugene Laverty Ducati GP14.2 1:33.253 1.702 0.192 22 22 Takuya Tsuda Suzuki GSX-RR 1:34.591 3.040 1.338 23 12 Nobu Aoki Suzuki GSX-RR 1:36.338 4.787 1.747

Already rumors of Lorenzo...., well all I can say is that Lorenzo and Gigi have been spotted coming in/out of Lorenzo's motorhome.

Can we keep Lorenzo's sexual preferance out of this thread Please!

LOL

BR

I called Lorenzo a wiener because he acted like one by crying to race control and the appeal folks. But this has lifted his wiener status. He just says what happened and I can accept that. I dont like being lied to. Here is Lorenzo manning up:

Think Marquez held back? “The hardest part of the race was to see Pedrosa get very close. I thought I would run the risk of ending up third and lost the Championship, but in the end, they surely realized that there was a lot at stake for me, maybe in another type of race they could risk more and pass me. Instead they were very good because the title would remain in Spain (…) I always try to be honest, the truth is that I did a race in which I gave my best always, however sincerely today the Honda, it was very difficult to always keep the concentration and stand in front of them. They are Spanish like me and knew what was at stake, so I benefited because maybe without that little help, maybe considering that Valentino did a great race comeback from last to fourth place, he could win the Championship. So this title is mine, it is ours, but also of Spain.”

Archived