Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

My thoughts...It's easy to be a good sport when things go well. A true indication of a man's mettle are his actions when things don't go well. Rossi has shown that he's a poor loser.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I think I know who's behind this conspiracy...

And this one is for VR...

There is no conspiracy. It is just hard to believe MM when last week he said he always rides as hard as he can for first pkace, then passed rossi aggressively 9 times in one lap. Then when he has the chance to win he makes zero attempts to do so. Consipacies need intrigue. There is none of that here. He got butt hurt by Rossi's comments and decided to harm his chance at winning. He did so under the rules, so closed case. Following the rule book doesnt preclude you from being a dick. He got his way. But he is still a dick. Worst part is that Lorenzo prolly would have won anyway without MM being in either race, so he has in effect, ruined 2 riders championships. And he is now kniwn for what he is.....a dick.

• Member Contributer

There is no conspiracy. It is just hard to believe MM when last week he said he always rides as hard as he can for first pkace, then passed rossi aggressively 9 times in one lap. Then when he has the chance to win he makes zero attempts to do so. Consipacies need intrigue. There is none of that here. He got butt hurt by Rossi's comments and decided to harm his chance at winning. He did so under the rules, so closed case. Following the rule book doesnt preclude you from being a dick. He got his way. But he is still a dick. Worst part is that Lorenzo prolly would have won anyway without MM being in either race, so he has in effect, ruined 2 riders championships. And he is now kniwn for what he is.....a dick.

Apparently you didn't hear Rossi's comments about Honda and Pedrosa...

I think Rossi embarassed himself at the post race press conference. The guys on the podium had to basically fend off questions about protecting Jorge to hurt Rossi. That insults the magnificent rides of all four of the riders. Rossi is suggesting Marquez could have played with Jorge and should not have played with Rossie at Malaysia and Phillips Island. All riders were maxed out riding on the limit, so Rossi is suggesting Jorge, despite setting record pole position, was being protected by a guy breathing down his tail pipe for the last half dozen laps. As MM said, why would I ride so close, I/d ride five bike lengths behind.

Rossi, I sadly say, was the author of his own demise, but the silver lining is, next year's MotoGP is going to be a huge money making draw as people watch the drama play out.

Rossi's comment dont make a hill of beans to me. This is all he as done his entire life. I know i wouldnt want a camera stuck in my face when my work makes me mad.

This is easy. MM is now Dennis Rodman. A shit bird wit a big head.

• Member Contributer

The end of this season has just been a huge disappointment.

If you look at the lap times for 29/30 laps. JL and MM ran the exact same lap times. Pretty impressive for two riders to do that for a whole race. I think that's going to bring out more people on the conspirators side. I think the fact that there was zero attempt to take the lead this race, yet MM fought tooth and nail for 3rd place at the start another race with claimed front tire issues is going to hurt MMs image to some.

Either way, if he did pass him, JL would still have won. DP tried one last pass but couldn't hold the line. MM had no reason to pass. He has a contract for next year. Nothing in the rules that says he has to race for the win.

If VR's accusations are wrong, then MM could react two ways. A) I'm going to win to prove him wrong. or B) &$*% VR, I'm not going to do him any favors.

• Member Contributer

Not too late to switch your MotoGP subscriptions. Get 2x the races for $50 less!

nicky_rc211v_wheelie.jpg

Already subscribed! I watched as Jonathan Rae showed how to win a championship and not look back!

Thats a whole nuther kettle of fish. I dont understand the live for Hayden. He is a hick who can barely string 4 words together and has been irrelevant for almost a decade.

Lorenzo won the race. I guess that makes him world champion? I will accept that, even though I wish we could have had a real race for the championship.

As for Rossi...I agree with everything he said in his post race interviews here.

I think what I learned most from this race and season is that Mark Marquez lacks character and Dani Pedrosa has more than I thought.

That is all. Looking forward to next season.

Add MotoGP to the list of European sporting stitch ups.

• FIFA and the World cup was all just conspiracy theories until - World Cup in Qatar, in the Summer !
  • European road cycling was all conspiracy theories until - bags full of dope were discovered and reported.

And now we have this, and people can smell a rat.

Honda should distance themselves from this, otherwise they will be allowing the tail to wag the dog.

• Member Contributer

I don't understand what Rossi was thinking, prior to the next to the last race, during a press conference, he steals Biaggi's nick name and starts complain about MM racing too hard, much like Rossi has done to a dozen other riders over his career. Then in the next to the last race, he shows MM the middle finger salute, basically runs him wide for the whole world to see, then Biatches some more about MM, then he really expects MM to go out in the final race and win him the championship that he can't win himself because he can't keep his emotions in check??? I bet Biaggi and Gibernau were laughing their @$$ off at that.

• Member Contributer

I don't understand what Rossi was thinking, prior to the next the next to the last race, during a press conference, he steals Biaggi's nick name and starts complain about MM racing too hard, much like Rossi has done to a dozen other riders over his career. Then in the next to the last race, he shows MM the middle finger salute, basically runs him wide for the whole world to see, then Biatches some more about MM, then he really expects MM to go out in the final race and win him the championship that he can't win himself because he can't keep his emotions in check??? I bet Biaggi and Gibernau were laughing their @$$ off at that.

Maybe too much racing fuel ?

I bet Biaggi and Gibernau were laughing their @$$ off at that.

I saw Biaggi was one of the first to congratulate Lorenzo on his championship win. Now Rossi will probably think Biaggi is the great mastermind behind this so called conspiracy :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Hands down, the best summation of the situation and many points of what I've said all along. It is incredibly foolish to claim the Hondas were in on something. Rossi turned into a sniveling spoiled toddler because he couldn't win the title on his own. Thanks for sharing the link. Everyone should read it twice then try to put on their rational hat and see if they can be open to emotionless perspectives. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

This is the best quote.

"But from Sepang onwards, that dignity disappeared, and Rossi looked like an old racer searching for excuses."

I have never been a Lorenzo fan, quite the opposite, but no one was going to pass him today. His pace was fast and incredibly consistant.

What people seem to forget or just don't understand is that, in motor sports, there are literally thousands of factors that play into how fast someone can/will go. On any Sunday, one of those top 4 can win so why is it one guy over the other at any given race? It's easy for armchair racers to come up with all kinds of nonsense to explain why a rider can or can't pass another or say "that guy is not riding at 100%, he can easily go faster". They can disect time sheets and look at qualifying times, read medical reports, consult the tea leaves but not one of them can say with any degree of certainty(other than blind fan love) that they know what's happening on the track and can assign some guess as to why things are as they are.

To say now that the Honda's weren't really trying is silly. If you think that a top rider can't find/lose fast laps at the end, you haven't watched much racing. I have seen 100's of races over the past 3 decades and have seen guys charge to the front for a win and I've seen guys charge towards the front only to fade and no one ever said after they faded on purpose.

All this speculation is because someone lost who many love and someone won who many dispise. Karma set the ship straight. You want to lose your cool and pull a bush move, put your second place ribbon around your neck, open a bottle of wine and deal with it.

JL rode a great race and even if Rossi had started on the 3rd row, It's possible the outcome would not have been much different except Iannone might have been in front of Rossi had he not crashed.

Here's to next year.

A-men

I agree this article does justice as a summary of the crazy last few weeks. Especially telling is the part where Rossi demands Dorna come talk to him in his trailer. As the author states, no rider is bigger than the sport, and Rossi and many of his most ardent fans believe he is.

70 pages, 698 replies and counting, this has to be one of the largest topics at VFRD, anyone know?

• Member Contributer

70 pages, 698 replies and counting, this has to be one of the largest topics at VFRD, anyone know?

Yes and most of these comments, would of been summed up on one page. Just the same old reply's over and over again.

• Member Contributer

Setting lap times aside, what was blatantly obvious to me watching the last two races were the two COMPLETELY different riding styles of Marquez. I literally don't have a dog in this fight, but the fact is... not a single attempt to pass the leader was made the entire race. I ask myself, if that was Rossi leading the race, with Marquez in tow, would Marquez have run the same style race... :dry:

Archived