Money Shots: Your beautiful picture of your beautiful VFR in action.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Today I put precisely 77.9 miles on the RC51 on roads in my back yard, fantastic roads actually, but unfortunately during the summer occupied by vehicles both 10 times larger, and 10 times slower, than my bike. This time of year it is a know hazard, tourist season, but this afternoon I actually had above-average miles of perfectly paved winding coast road open to me and the RC. To be fair, our locals are very nice about pulling over into the frequent turnouts, as the signs tell them to. Tourists not so much (can you say Mustang convertible?)

As always, the rule-of-thumb here is that the more cows you see, the more bugs you have to remove from your face shield. Rolling through Tomales I made a spur-of-the-moment left turn towards Dillon Beach, then cut through back roads towards Valley Ford. Looped back south through Nick's Cove, Marshall (I don't like oysters), with hardly a rolling RV roadblock to slow me down. What a great road!

By the time I got to Point Reyes Station the parade had slowed to a crawl, but I turned east at Olema to the back roads that I know, bumpy but thinly traveled. I will never sell this bike, what a hoot.  😎

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_2432.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Nice ride! I too was in Pt Reyes Station this afternoon. Up Mill Valley via Edgewood/Sequoia, Panoramic, Stinson, Pt Reyes Station back through Nicasio Valley and SFD. Beautiful day for a ride.

Here I'm waiting across the street from Mt Home Inn for a bus I was behind to move ahead.

And thanks to the BMW driver going westbound on Pt Reyes - Petaluma Rd. who warned me about the CHP waiting ahead!

20210816_214911.jpg

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Tirso said:

Nice ride! I too was in Pt Reyes Station this afternoon. Up Mill Valley via Edgewood/Sequoia, Panoramic, Stinson, Pt Reyes Station back through Nicasio Valley and SFD. Beautiful day for a ride.

Here I'm waiting across the street from Mt Home Inn for a bus I was behind to move ahead.

And thanks to the BMW driver going westbound on Pt Reyes - Petaluma Rd. who warned me about the CHP waiting ahead!

Haha, same for me! Heading south into Olema a Porche flashed his lights. Sure enough, there he was under a tree at the intersection. Made sure I put my foot down at the stop sign!

Beautiful bike you have there. Red Honda paint always looks even redder in the sunlight.

• Like 2