Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Full length races would utilize different engine maps, tires, and suspension settings to conserve and/or better manage fuel use and tire wear.

Seb knows this because he can look into his clear clutch window and predict stuff i think !!!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

All I said was that it would have been a different race without the bloody Michelin-caused pit stop! :wacko:

Let's ALL hope they get their ducks in a row for COTA, shall we?

Ciao,

All I said was that it would have been a different race without the bloody Michelin-caused pit stop! :wacko:

Ciao,

Gonna rain at COTA too...more Flag racing!

• Member Contributer

What puzzles me is this talk of #1 and #2 bikes.....

We are at the cutting edge of engineering and technology here, not crude melting of old Mig jetfighter body shells down and casted like they do in Cuba.....

Surely they must be able to build 2 EXACT copies with the same dimensions, tolerances, frictions, dampings and the like.

So what is left is the mindset and ability of a rider to repeat and react no?

Or do/must they build TWO difference bikes at the start of the season to cater for the variety in tracks on the calendar and may not alter certain things?

• Member Contributer

Even if the bikes were identical as you say, simply the difference between 2 sets of the same tyre can make a huge difference when these guys ride right on the edge. Especially so when there have been so many front end wash outs recently with no apparent warning.

At this level, I would imagine it almost impossible to get 2 bikes feeling the same to these riders.

JMHO.

There was also a legitimate threat of rain, so they likely had 1 of the bikes dialed closer to a wet race setting.

These top level techs work hard and fast, but with limited time they may not tackle something like a swingarm pivot height change, triple clamp offset change, fork revalve, etc.

Will there be a COTA? Last I heard was that half the field and their gear was still stuck in Argentina - due to weather grounding aircraft...

• Member Contributer

My two favorite MotoGP motorcycle road racers: First and second place at COTA and first and second place for the season.

Go Márquez and go Lorenzo!!!!!!!!

post-8583-0-39966700-1460319682.jpg

• Member Contributer

My two favorite MotoGP motorcycle road racers: First and second place at COTA and first and second place for the season.

Go Márquez and go Lorenzo!!!!!!!!

You know what's funny, I never really cared for JL and to some extent still but I gained a lot more respect for him after last years series. Ironically, it seemed like it turned a lot more JL haters even more so, maybe more so the die hard Rossi fans, it had a different effect on my view. Always liked MM though! :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Not that it is worth anything, but Rossi would have taken MM if not for the pitstop.

No, it is not a conspiracy.

I'm routing for #46 getting his #10!!!

GO ROSSI!!!

Except the Honda guys stated that MM started on his B bike because his wanted to finish the race on the bike that was stronger....So Rossi's A bike was equal to MM B bike but then MM disappeared when he got his A bike on track.

MM chose his "2nd" bike for the first half and then rode his "1st" bike in the second half. Rossi did the opposite and you can see the results; first half Rossi is able to keep pace with MM (Rossi on his best bike), second half MM disappears (MM on his best bike).

What happened to JL? He was so off the pace and then lost the front end.

I see someone else caught that as well.

Had a great time myself at COTA this weekend, even if their management is trying to pinch pennies so hard that the bathroom lines are 50 feet long. I've got season passes to the track and every event they seem to find new ways to cut corners and piss off the customer base. I noticed 3 different spots that had rows of port a pottys last time that didn't this time, and it seems like they'll never get the big screens working so we have to squint at the little temporary screens they have had up for two years now...

Anywho, i went with a local buddy with an rc36 like mine and another with an rc46.

mCDZXlM.jpg

Another friend had a couple gems in his trailer since he comes from out of town and gets an RV spot, older rc36 and cbr.

fvLpmzp.jpg

Someone paid for top dollar ducati island parking, super clean rc36 with Oklahoma plates.

KtxaTtl.jpg

• Member Contributer

You know what's funny, I never really cared for JL and to some extent still but I gained a lot more respect for him after last years series. Ironically, it seemed like it turned a lot more JL haters even more so, maybe more so the die hard Rossi fans, it had a different effect on my view. Always liked MM though! :laugh:

Whilst acknowledging JL is a super-smooth and incredibly fast rider, it was his antics off the track last year that ruined any respect I had for him.

When MM & VR were with the race management after the "knee" incident, JL made his way to the gathering and was demanding all sorts of retribution against his team mate when the incident and any subsequent sanctions were no business of his.

He's a cock.

• Member Contributer

COTA turned out to be more like a bowling alley....

Very rare sight, VR crashing out.

Living riding on the edge

• Member Contributer

I went to bed with 5 laps to go.Bored.

Moto 2 was far more entertaining.

• Member Contributer

Had a great time myself at COTA this weekend, even if their management is trying to pinch pennies so hard that the bathroom lines are 50 feet long. I've got season passes to the track and every event they seem to find new ways to cut corners and piss off the customer base. I noticed 3 different spots that had rows of port a pottys last time that didn't this time, and it seems like they'll never get the big screens working so we have to squint at the little temporary screens they have had up for two years now...

This is why I didn't go this year for the first time. Broke a long tradition of Laguna dating back to WSBK in 2000, then GP's in 2005 until now. COTA charges significantly more for everything than Laguna. Suites, grandstand seats, paddock pass. They won't let you bring in anything but water. The last few years we rented a house. So disgusted with food choices and the cost, we'd leave at 11 after FP1, drive back to the house, make lunch, then drive back to the circuit. It's not a friendly environment and the track mgmt isn't doing the event any good. I have friends in the industry and the costs for vendors is insane compared to Indy and Laguna. Last year the Bridgestone rep told me what they paid at Indy, Laguna, and COTA. I was blown away.

That and you know who is gonna win before you even plan your trip. Great for Marc, and kudos, but boring as hell weekend unless you've never been to a race before.

Whilst acknowledging JL is a super-smooth and incredibly fast rider, it was his antics off the track last year that ruined any respect I had for him.

When MM & VR were with the race management after the "knee" incident, JL made his way to the gathering and was demanding all sorts of retribution against his team mate when the incident and any subsequent sanctions were no business of his.

He's a cock.

Yes he is. Marc is too though. The interviews and press conference stuff is all the result of his team prepping him for years, it's an act. Been around him when he thought nobody was looking and he's a headcase. Bradley is the nicest guy in the paddock and genuine. Aleix also a real nice guy.

• Member Contributer

Ya watched the race on beIN and it was over pretty early on. Had to endure nearly 12 laps of chatter from the announcers trying to convince me that it was not over because MM could fall down at any moment, so stay tuned.

I have friends in the industry and the costs for vendors is insane compared to Indy and Laguna. Last year the Bridgestone rep told me what they paid at Indy, Laguna, and COTA. I was blown away.

I know the first 2 years at Indy I was going to vend Custom Molded Earplugs at Indy and for the 20' X 20' garage space they were renting inside the track it was $6,000 for basically 3 days. I ended up getting a spot right outside the track for about $1000. I think it came down the last few years, but man were they proud of those spots in the beginning.

It appears that COTA happens to early in the season for the best possible competitive results. Either the electronics are being sorted by most (not enough pre-season ironing?) or like thus far Michelins are not up to snuff (flying in a new compound batch during FP?).

It's a power hungry course, Ducs fly, Hondas fly and handle a little better. (Sans the Dovi/Pedrosa meeting)
Hoping for closer competition as the season goes on.

post-13109-0-56818600-1460410623.jpeg
Bring back Laguna...

• Member Contributer

Laguna was just as processional as COTA. Whatever it is, I don't know, but that kind of track is perfect for stringing out the bikes into an ever-lengthening snake...

Ciao,

This is why I didn't go this year for the first time. Broke a long tradition of Laguna dating back to WSBK in 2000, then GP's in 2005 until now. COTA charges significantly more for everything than Laguna. Suites, grandstand seats, paddock pass. They won't let you bring in anything but water. The last few years we rented a house. So disgusted with food choices and the cost, we'd leave at 11 after FP1, drive back to the house, make lunch, then drive back to the circuit. It's not a friendly environment and the track mgmt isn't doing the event any good. I have friends in the industry and the costs for vendors is insane compared to Indy and Laguna. Last year the Bridgestone rep told me what they paid at Indy, Laguna, and COTA. I was blown away.

That and you know who is gonna win before you even plan your trip. Great for Marc, and kudos, but boring as hell weekend unless you've never been to a race before.

I agree completely!

Laguna was just as processional as COTA. Whatever it is, I don't know, but that kind of track is perfect for stringing out the bikes into an ever-lengthening snake...

Ciao,

Drop the US round and send 'em to Phillip Island twice! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

He's a cock.

Yes he is. Marc is too though. The interviews and press conference stuff is all the result of his team prepping him for years, it's an act. Been around him when he thought nobody was looking and he's a headcase. Bradley is the nicest guy in the paddock and genuine. Aleix also a real nice guy.

So only water?? So you could not bring in a packable chair to watch the race? Laguna would let you do that at least.

Archived