Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

22 Excellent

1 Follower

About atx

  • Rank
    Factory Team Rider

Profile Information

  • Location
    Austin, TX
  • In My Garage:
    86 vfr700, 96 vfr750

Recent Profile Visitors

2131 profile views
  1. As in the cbr bolts use something besides flathead to remove them? The OEM ones you can use a coin, edge of a key, almost anything to get em loose if you didn't crank em down too tight.
  2. I mean it has a strap going to the passenger pegs to distribute the load, and is like 1/4 the weight of a passenger. I'm not too worried about it. If i had heavy bikes i wouldn't do it, but carbon fiber mountain bike under 25lbs, or my road bike in the 15ish lb range? No worries 😄
  3. To answer my own question, yes, yes it will support a bike. No luck finding info on oem top box or what mounts to that, got a cheap used givi on craigslist for $80 with plate, done.
  4. I should prolly get pics of mine, i tucked it up under the tail bodywork a little bit like the pic above. I used these mounts i found on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00387ABME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  5. whoa not sure how i hadn't seen this before, pretty rad. i'd hate to pick that thing up out of the dirt, but it looks cool on my screen at least 😄 https://www.bikeexif.com/honda-vf1000r
  6. atx

    Sweet 86

    Ideally you'd be on the road with it more than in the garage, but that's just me 😄
  7. Finally got this old gal on the road. I love the way the "bronze mist" powder turned out, looks great on the bike. Much like stock, it depends on the lighting on the color they appear to be. Hopefully the nontextured finish is easier to keep clean. Big thanks to sebspeed on the clutch cover, loving it.
  8. I'm thinking about putting a bicycle rack on my new to me 06, are the grab handle mounted racks beefy enough for ~40 lbs of bike and rack?
  9. I just got mine back, went with bronze mist. I hate wiping oil off of textured finish, figured this would be easier to clean. Anyone have any hot tips for replacing all the engine covers? Like corners known to leak i should dab some rtv on or something? I bought a full engine seal kit off of ebay, hopefully it does fairly well. Can't wait to finally get this sebspeed clear clutch cover on, dunno what my hold up has been...
  10. Wow that looks good. Love how you kept the 3 spoke looks of it. How are the widths of those wheels vs doing the conversion work to the f3 wheels? Would love to see pics of where you reinforced the tail section. I could do that to mine while it's out. I used plastic epoxy stuff smeared all over the back of my panels wherever i saw cracks as a precaution, but i'm sure your job is much cleaner and more specific to where the risky areas actually are.
  11. That gold dust sure does look close. Looking forward to results. I still have a spare set of covers i need done...
  12. It is probably the vfr400r setup, you can buy those twin rads pretty cheap on ebay and they fit with little fuss. Some kits come with hoses, but i think samco makes a baller silicon hose kit if you're lookin for top notch quality.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.