Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

• Member Contributer

"We(Dorna) discussed different matters, we discussed about different technical matters, which will be issued in a press release regarding unified software and things like that,” said Dorna Sports CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta. “Also, after the problem with the rear tire in Sepang we decided to include, and this was approved very fast, that we will, from the first Grand Prix of this year, we’ll have tire pressure sensors in the tires. The system to do this will be proposed by the MSMA members in Phillip Island and this issue is something to resolve immediately this problem regarding the situation with Loris Baz in Sepang.”

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

He is alot bigger then I thought . No video ?

Either that or the guy next to him is only 10 years old. :491:

• Member Contributer

I thought it was the soft front that split. Did a rear split as well?

From what I read the rear blew not the front... did he also get hit by the bike at the end of the slide after the bike bounced of the wall? Man, he was lucky... good gear definitely saved his hide!

I don't know if tire pressure sensors would have avoided this... tire blew wide open.

• Member Contributer

I thought it was the soft front that split. Did a rear split as well?

From what I read the rear blew not the front... did he also get hit by the bike at the end of the slide after the bike bounced of the wall? Man, he was lucky... good gear definitely saved his hide!

I don't know if tire pressure sensors would have avoided this... tire blew wide open.

Look like the bike hit him at the end.

• Member Contributer

He is alot bigger then I thought . No video ?

Either that or the guy next to him is only 10 years old. :491:

Baz is about 6'5" roughly the same height as my older son for those of you who have met TalllCarver at TexasMac or on other rides. They talk on twitter and Stephen has asked him for a set of used leathers (jokingly) because they are about the same size.

I know the leathers he was wearing when that tire de-laminated will be kept as marketing/test product.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

It's interesting that nobody bothered to talk about the Phillip Island tests. I guess it proves that everybody wants Stoner back. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Maybe, but there wasn't anything really exciting that happened--except maybe for a Suzuki (Vinales) topping the time sheets. One week to the Qatar test, and then... :wink:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

The final day of the 2016 MotoGP test took place at Phillip Island in Australia on Friday.

It was a dry with lap times soon into the 1m 29s, but rookie Tito Rabat brought out the red flags after an hour, with team-mate Jack Miller falling at almost the same time. After the restart Vinales, team-mate Aleix Espargaro and Tech 3's Pol Espargaro also fell without injury.

Rain arrived just after midday, sending riders back to the pits where most remained until 3:45pm. Rabat and Aleix Espargaro then crashed for a second time, with Bradley Smith and Cal Crutchlow also falling at Turn 4 (Honda hairpin).

The red flags came out again with one hour to go after an accident for Danilo Petrucci at the fast turn 8 (Hayshed). The Italian suffered a fractured right hand and will have further checks in Melbourne tomorrow.

Eleven riders fell on Friday: Rabat (twice), Miller, Pol Espargaro, Aleix Espargaro (twice), Vinales, Smith, Crutchlow, Petrucci, Eugene Laverty, Jorge Lorenzo and finally test pace setter Marc Marquez for a total of 13 different accidents. Most were at Turn 4, the Honda hairpin.

Testing took place between 9:45am and 5:45pm. The third and final pre-season test will be held at Losail, Qatar from March 2-4.

Aprilia was not present, having instead elected to debut the new RS-GP at a forthcoming private test in Qatar...

1. = Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 29.158s [Lap 48/64]
2. = Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 29.299s +0.141s [11/39]
3. ˄ Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 29.348s +0.190s [58/58]
4. ˅ Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 29.361s +0.203s [57/65]
5. ˅ Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 29.435s +0.277s [43/56]
6. ˅ Loris Baz FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 29.583s +0.425s [11/54]
7. ˅ Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 29.606s +0.448s [37/42]
8. ˄ Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 29.718s +0.560s [43/44]
9. ˅ Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 1m 29.760s +0.602s [16/41]
10. ˅ Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 29.860s +0.702s [49/65]
11. ˄ Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 29.922s +0.764s [57/61]
12. ˅ Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP16) 1m 29.932s +0.774s [39/53]
13. ˅ Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 1m 29.995s +0.837s [53/57]
14. ˅ Jack Miller AUS Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 1m 30.023s +0.865s [37/37]
15. ˄ Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 1m 30.119s +0.961s [56/56]
16. = Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 30.188s +1.030s [43/45]
17. ˅ Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 1m 30.198s +1.040s [34/38]
18. = Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 30.492s +1.334s [48/54]
19. = Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 1m 31.055s +1.897s [25/45]
20. = Takuya Tsuda JPN Suzuki Test Rider (GSX-RR) 1m 33.532s +4.374s [32/46]

Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/227715/1/phillip-island-motogp-test-friday-final.html#jqkuQPJYVYCFviZB.99

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well the bitterness between the two, is going to carry on throughout the 2016 season, lets just hope neither of them gets hurt, but it is looking more than likely that one or both will.

Reports are Rossi has to perform well in the first races to kept his contract with Yamaha .

Well the bitterness between the two, is going to carry on throughout the 2016 season, lets just hope neither of them gets hurt, but it is looking more than likely that one or both will.

Reports are Rossi has to perform well in the first races to kept his contract with Yamaha .

Reports from whom?

Rossi and his legion are 30% of the MotoGP pie from a monetary standpoint and Dorna will continue to kiss his azz until VR decides to hang it up.

Edit: I should have read one additional post before my reply but I agree 100% with Jezzer.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/83111-vr-extends-yamaha-contract-to-2018/

:beatdeadhorse:

• Member Contributer

Once again, we find MM guarding JL :goofy:

The conspiracy must still be going on.

Or the winter wasn't cold enough to chill everyone's tempers

• Member Contributer

Unless the riders can get comfortable with the Michelin front, it's going to be a snoozer season like today's train ride...unless MM wasn't racing as hard as he could, like some would believe. :wink: The champ came out swinging.

It was a decent race. There were some good passes. I'm just glad to see Marquez get on the podium and not bin it. I look forward to the Europe-based races conducted in daylight. Qatar is a weird deal but a very nice track.

• Member Contributer

In other news, Rossi has signed with Yamaha for two more years, and Bradley Smith has signed with the KTM MotoGP team for next year. Otherwise, MotoGP was a bit of a snoozer. Moto2 was a farce. Another race ruined by Race Direction...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

In other news, Rossi has signed with Yamaha for two more years, and Bradley Smith has signed with the KTM MotoGP team for next year. Otherwise, MotoGP was a bit of a snoozer. Moto2 was a farce. Another race ruined by Race Direction...

Ciao,

Indeed.

Considering all the pre-season hype about how open it would be with new tyres, rubbish electronics and new engines, it was all same 'ole, same 'ole.

Almost as bad as the F1.

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

Indeed.

Considering all the pre-season hype about how open it would be with new tyres, rubbish electronics and new engines, it was all same 'ole, same 'ole.

Almost as bad as the F1.

+1 With all the rule changes, still a car flip upside down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

It's clear Rossi was protecting Dovi's points by not passing him towards the end. Must be a conspiracy. :goofy:

Dani almost looked like he felt bad for a podium spot that way.

• Member Contributer

It's clear Rossi was protecting Dovi's points by not passing him towards the end. Must be a conspiracy. :goofy:

Dani almost looked like he felt bad for a podium spot that way.

Here we go :beer: ..

Archived