Motogp 2016 Season....with Spoilers

Mattie660

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, JZH said:

Has anyone heard why Marquez and Dovisioso fell off at the same corner?  Very strange.  It looked like Marc actually fell first.

Ciao,

The track surface at LeMans is something like 14 years old. Some of the riders were complaining about the surface being bumpy and patched in interviews. If I recall the race correctly both Dovi and Marquez were hitting/exiting a patched section when they crashed.

There's also that the GP race happens after Moto2. Without the electronics of premiere class the Moto2 bikes are eating their tires in the corners and laying down a lot of tire boogers, which messes with the traction of the bigger bikes.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Rubber from Moto2, patched spots, slightly off-line, fuel loads, overworked front tire, too much lean, tons of reasons given.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Ok, the grid is loaded, warm up lap in a couple of minutes and then

GO ROSSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

Today's race:

First place: Lorenzo

Second place: Márquez

Season's standings:

I'm particularly glad Rossi not only didn't get a podium finish, but got ZERO points today. He went in with an arrogant attitude (as usual) and, more importantly, Rossi was fully aware he was on his home turf and all his countless fans there were being verbally abusive and highly disrespectful towards Lorenzo and Márquez. Rossi's fans treatment towards Lorenzo and Márquez was so bad that, for the first time, they each had a bodyguard assigned to protect them. Even Casey Stoner stepped in and said "I think @ValeYellow46 has an opportunity to show great sportsmanship, by asking his fans to stand down and respect his competitors." Did Rossi do that? Of course not. And once Rossi was out of the race, in came his lousy attitude.

Here's who got the last laugh:

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Today's race:

Season's standings:

I'm particularly glad Rossi not only didn't get a podium finish, but got ZERO points today. He went in with an arrogant attitude (as usual) and, more importantly, Rossi was fully aware he was on his home turf and all his countless fans there were being verbally abusive and highly disrespectful towards Lorenzo and Márquez. Rossi's fans treatment towards Lorenzo and Márquez was so bad that, for the first time, they each had a bodyguard assigned to protect them. Even Casey Stoner stepped in and said "I think @ValeYellow46 has an opportunity to show great sportsmanship, by asking his fans to stand down and respect his competitors." Did Rossi do that? Of course not. And once Rossi was out of the race, in came his lousy attitude.

And you sound about as worthy of respect as you think Rossi is with that childish tirade.

Until his engine blew, Rossi was all over the back wheel of JL and on the evidence, would have won, though the late charge by MM would have been very interesting.

You can't blame VR for the behaviour of a few fans and how do you know he didn't try, behind the scenes to get them to calm down? I know we're all passionate about racing but do try to maintain a level of balance or you may find folk simply ignore your postings.

• Member Contributer

^ Childish? I think not. I spoke the truth, my friend. Oh, and just "a few fans"? The vast majority of the 100,000 people there were Rossi fans. It's his home turf. As I said, Lorenzo and Márquez had to be given bodyguards, it was so bad. Don't believe me? Do an internet search and read up on it. And how's Rossi going to do anything "behind the scenes" with tens of thousands of fans? He never said anything publicly which is what Stoner was calling on him to do.

It doesn't matter that Rossi's engine blew. That's something that can happen to anyone in racing. The bottom line is he lost. Again. Get over it and move on. Oh, and if Rossi's season improves, I'll be the first to attribute it to good racing on his part and nothing else.

I'll say what I've said before about Rossi: I have nothing but respect for him in terms of what he's accomplished. I never root for him because he has a poor attitude: He's arrogant when he wins and he's a sore loser when he doesn't.

• Member Contributer

I didnot like Stoner whining when he was actually racing, so I definitely do not like his whining now.

At least the Italian crowd were not insulting Mexicans, women, Muslims, POW's, African Americans or reporters....  :goofy:

But I'm sure the Spaniards will all cheer when Rossi wins the next race on their turf.

At least 99.9% of the Italians know who Rossi is (if not for his racing then for his tax dodging).

fack%2Boff.jpg

• Member Contributer

No lie..just before Rossi retired, I was thinking how rare a DNF due to engine failure is compared to the 500's and how 

reliability was always a factor in winning a championship back then.  Literally minutes before. Weird.

When I saw the billowing white smoke, I at first was surprised he didn't pull off into the grass instead of riding on the

pavement, then it hit me he was on a parade lap to show everyone it wasn't his fault and gain some pity points.:biggrin: You bet there were some nervous mechanics quickly coming up with some excuses.

Seriously, I would have loved to have seen MM, Rossi and JL on the last lap together. Oh man. Still a great nail bitter right to the line. Not a JL fan but good God, you got to hand it to the guy, 90% of the grid would have eased up after the tussle with MM a few corners from the end.

Moto2 and Moto3 were excellent as well.

• Member Contributer

JL's engine blew in warm-up practice this morning, there will be a few scared mechs at the moments.....

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Today's race:

Season's standings:

Despite your guy(s) winning, you seem rather bitter.  :mellow:

Anyway, I was disappointed that we were deprived of a potentially epic battle between Rossi, Lorenzo and (possibly) Marquez at an absolutely amazing racetrack.  And I'm worried that other problems lurk within the remaining, sealed, Yamaha M1 engines on the shelf in the Movistar Yamaha garage...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

^ There's a smile on my face every day, my friend. :happy: Even when my guys don't win! :happy:

I agree with you regarding the two Factory Yamahas. The fact that both blew engines today has me wondering what's happening.

And there was an epic battle today! Rossi just wasn't a part of it. :mellow:

v46fans.jpg

Some fans hold a grudge for a very long time. It is how many years ago that Biaggi retired? :491:

Great last few laps. I wonder what the people at Ducati HQ think of Iannone's post race interview. :happy:

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

^ There's a smile on my face every day, my friend. :happy: Even when my guys don't win! :happy:

I agree with you regarding the two Factory Yamahas. The fact that both blew engines today has me wondering what's happening.

And there was an epic battle today! Rossi just wasn't a part of it. :mellow:

Would have loved to have seen all three at the front battling for first, without the karate kick to the lower fairing of course .

• Member Contributer

Yeah, I do remember that incident from last year. Rossi felt Márquez was getting in his way from winning the race and so he decides to kick Márquez off his motorcycle at turn 14 in Sepang. Rossi got docked three points and had to start the final race at Valencia at the back of the grid. And so what does Rossi do? Apologize? No. Accept responsibility? No. Instead he appeals it, loses the appeal, and then blames the court. And does anybody remember that Italian television reporters went to Márquez's home to insult and harass them? Yeah, that was real professional, too.

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Pushing it trying to keep up with HRC on the straights, maybe.

Hillary Rodham Clinton?  The Hondas haven't been "rocketships" since 2015.

I was slightly surprised to read what Jorge said about the Mugello race yesterday: "Today, if I had been fighting with Rossi or Iannone, I wouldn't have won..."  Hmmm.

Ciao,

Hillary Rodham Clinton?

They both rank similarly low in my opinion, but one at least has the redeeming quality of being able to build a good race bike.

• Member Contributer
On 5/22/2016 at 8:28 AM, 2FAST4U said:

Today's race:

Season's standings:

Pretty juvenile post.  How was he arrogant?  I shake my head at this.  You hate him because of the admiration he gets.  That's it and that is all.  Just another hater.

And you and Casey are wrong.  Rossi did say to respect the competitors, all of them before the weekend started.

http://www.gpone.com/en/2016051925815/motogp/rossi-at-mugello-the-battle-is-reaching-the-garage.html

What would you like to say to them?
That you need to respect all the riders, and athletes in general”.

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, luvtoleanit said:

Pretty juvenile post.  How was he arrogant?  I shake my head at this.  You hate him because of the admiration he gets.  That's it and that is all.  Just another hater.

And you and Casey are wrong.  Rossi did say to respect the competitors, all of them before the weekend started.

http://www.gpone.com/en/2016051925815/motogp/rossi-at-mugello-the-battle-is-reaching-the-garage.html

What would you like to say to them?
That you need to respect all the riders, and athletes in general”.

Juvenile? I think you got the words juvenile and FACTUAL mixed up. Shake your head all you want. It's the truth.

And how long did it take Rossi to say something? After bodyguards were assigned to Lorenzo and Máquez? Or after Stoner stepped in and said something? After everyone kept pushing him to say something? And for the record, I don't hate Rossi. He's a poor sport and I'm glad he lost.

• Member Contributer

He actually said it a few days before Casey for the record.  Please check the date of the article i posted ;)

But don't let me stop your hate party. 

• Member Contributer

Opinions are like a**holes....we all have one.

Facts are different from opinions.

Some people don't seem to realise this.

• Member Contributer

Here's what some people evidently don't like:

Today's race:

Season's standings:

Archived