Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Member Contributer

That Craig Doyle bloke bugs me !

(for those in the US, Craig Doyle is one of the BT Sport talking heads, that asks the other talking heads what the riders will be thinking - stuff like that)

I thought paying the extra $$ for BT Sport meant that we would not have to listen to him, and then they sign him up !!

Outrageous !

(sorry,rant over)

If you're going to be paying extra, pay for the MotoGP subscription, much better coverage and you can stream it from just about anywhere. If you miss the race, start it from the beginning when you get home! I'll be honest, I haven't watched the race on TV, other than from my computer hooked up to it, to watch any of the MotoGP or WSBK races in quite some time! It's a much better experience all the way round.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I pay for BT Sport because it also gives me Premiership Rugby Union.

I quite like Craig Doyle. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

The kid is definitely learning! He waited patiently and passed when he knew he could keep the lead. Great battle for third too.

Moto2 race was also exciting to watch. I think the lead was swapped about 7 times with in a matter of a few minutes!

Moto3 was a weird race, caught from the middle of the race and I was confused as hell for a while, as the race leaders appeared to be behind everyone and none of the usual suspects were up front???I wa

I watched the entire Moto3 race and I was also confused! Like, how did Fenati get up to fourth? I thought he pitted after Kent? And who was on the lead lap at the end, anyway? Oh, well, normal service will probably be resumed next week in Brno!

I'm sure Vale was rooting for Marquez at the end. Five fewer points, thank you. I didn't see the end of the Moto2 race, so I will have to have a look.

(Heard about Laguna Seca...very sad.)

Ciao,

(for those in the US, Craig Doyle is one of the BT Sport talking heads, that asks the other talking heads what the riders will be thinking - stuff like that)

I thought paying the extra $$ for BT Sport meant that we would not have to listen to him, and then they sign him up !!

Outrageous !

(sorry,rant over)

If you're going to be paying extra, pay for the MotoGP subscription, much better coverage and you can stream it from just about anywhere. If you miss the race, start it from the beginning when you get home! I'll be honest, I haven't watched the race on TV, other than from my computer hooked up to it, to watch any of the MotoGP or WSBK races in quite some time! It's a much better experience all the way round.

Thanks for that I will have a look into it. The BT Sport option is about $20 per month in your money. But seriously that Craig Doyle really irritates me !!

I pay for BT Sport because it also gives me Premiership Rugby Union.

I quite like Craig Doyle. :goofy:

Can't believe they replaced the lovely Abi Griffiths, she was great. Don't know what happened there but all of a sudden she was gone and then Craig Doyle appears , ahhhhhhh !!

Premiership Rugby Union - egg chasers ! only kidding !

• Member Contributer

Rugby....a proper game that is! No helmets, no pads, just balls!

And sooooooo much better than wendyball.

BT Sport costs me £8/month.

• Member Contributer

Rugby....a proper game that is! No helmets, no pads, just balls!

And sooooooo much better than wendyball.

BT Sport costs me £8/month.

Agreed. Wish it would take over here then our national champions could play other countries. But no, we have a gay sport where every play starts with one man touching another man's balls and they all wear tights and smack each other on the ass. Oh and the prize for winning in this sport is a big diamond ring. :rolleyes: And most of the ex-players suffer with one form or another of brain diseases.

• 2 weeks later...

Outrageous !

(sorry,rant over)

And with the premium multi screen it is very cool!

Val had better up the ante this weekend or JL is going to win the championship.

Just watched the Brno round last night, and literally fell asleep watching.

Hope the next race is not a snoozer.

Yeah it was mostly a processional. Moto2 however was not a snoozer. We need WSBK action in GP.

• Member Contributer

If you watch Marquez's crash frame by frame, looks like he lost the front. Left foot comes off as he tries saving it on his right knee. As the bike comes back to straight up it is completely compressed front and rear but without his full weight on the pegs it just launches.

My only question is why not just send the riders out at the beginning for another sighting lap on wet bikes, then to original grid positions? Why the need for red flag and delay? Officials at pit out could stop each rider and tell him go around and grid up.

Felt bad for Cal at home!

Superbike Planet says much of North America lost live feed online. Anybody have issues? I DVR'd on TV and missed the final 5 1/2 laps due to the delay. No replay until Monday. I guess didn't miss much other than Lorenzo passing Dani.

• Member Contributer

If you watch Marquez's crash frame by frame, looks like he lost the front. Left foot comes off as he tries saving it on his right knee. As the bike comes back to straight up it is completely compressed front and rear but without his full weight on the pegs it just launches.

My only question is why not just send the riders out at the beginning for another sighting lap on wet bikes, then to original grid positions? Why the need for red flag and delay? Officials at pit out could stop each rider and tell him go around and grid up.

Superbike Planet says much of North America lost live feed online. Anybody have issues? I DVR'd on TV and missed the final 5 1/2 laps due to the delay. No replay until Monday. I guess didn't miss much other than Lorenzo passing Dani.

I actually woke up at 5 AM and streamed the race on my iPad in the Hotel up in Shaver Lake. Although the WiFi access points went offline a couple of times, the feed was still active, so not sure what Superbike Planet witnessed.

As far as Crutchlow's luck, anyone else think that Miller should not have skipped Moto2? He seems to crash just about every race, this time he took out his team mate. If I were Crutchlow, I'd be giving him more than just an earful! The commentators said that race direction was most likely be taking a look at the crash.

• Member Contributer

I actually woke up at 5 AM and streamed the race on my iPad in the Hotel up in Shaver Lake. Although the WiFi access points went offline a couple of times, the feed was still active, so not sure what Superbike Planet witnessed.

As far as Crutchlow's luck, anyone else think that Miller should not have skipped Moto2? He seems to crash just about every race, this time he took out his team mate. If I were Crutchlow, I'd be giving him more than just an earful! The commentators said that race direction was most likely be taking a look at the crash.

Yes, I totally agree, Moto2 is there for a reason, and no single manufacturer, should have the power to change the rules to suite themselves, ie HONDA.

• Member Contributer

Watched all 3 races on recordings as we were out at an airshow which got cancelled 1/2-way through due to the same weather Silverstone suffered from. Still, I thought the weather actually made the races a little more interesting than they seem to have been recently and I think Pettruci would probably agree with me.

Rossi was at his best, Lorenzo had an excuse (don't know if it was a proper excuse or not - visor misting up???) and I was bitterly disappointed for Cal who looked like he could threaten the front 2, if only for a while. No idea why Marquez came off but he was starting to look uncomfortable trying to keep up with Rossi until his spill.

Moto 3 was excellent too with Danny Kent showing his class in the proper wet.

Both Crutchlow and Miller were fast enough for a podium, I was gutted when Miller took Crutchlow down but as David Emmett said, once the start was delayed it was always going to be chaotic.

Replays suggest that Espargaro and Crutchlow had really slowed each other down in that corner, and maybe Miller didn't see/anticipate that and went in at his optimum speed - with predictable results.

Very happy for Petrucci!! He and Jordi Torres in WSB are two of my favourite up and coming racers. Ducati had been predicted to be strong at Silverstone because it is such a fast track. The GP14 has always been a fast bike in the wet, no idea why, but Petrucci sure made the most of it.

• Member Contributer

For future reference, if you are talking the feed from Fox they sometimes show a same day replay on Fox Sports 2 (yesterday's race was on at around 6)... but yeah, DVR the following program as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Congratulations to Bo, the Dutchboy who just won the Red Bull rookie cup race at Misano AND the championship!

Archived