Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

You guys know to use the MotoGP spoiler link right if you don't make a race live? Just google Motogp.com no spoiler. It's a link you can use for every round of the calendar. It won't have results, photos, etc.

I do know how to use it and had it all set up. Then MotoGP emailed me the race result in the title of an email before I ever fired the race up!! wth?

Great race still, very entertaining.

• Member Contributer

I think it would have been a very different race if Marquez had not made it so difficult for himself...but Rossi was just awesome. What a way to start a season! I'm going to try to get to one of the European rounds this year. Roll on COTA!

Ciao,

You guys know to use the MotoGP spoiler link right if you don't make a race live? Just google Motogp.com no spoiler. It's a link you can use for every round of the calendar. It won't have results, photos, etc.

I do know how to use it and had it all set up. Then MotoGP emailed me the race result in the title of an email before I ever fired the race up!! wth?

Great race still, very entertaining.

Yea, I had to unsubscribe from all motogp official social media and email so they wouldn't spoil race results...

• Member Contributer

Well what can you say about the Guy, Rossi, the oldest Guy on the grid, with the slowest motogp bike, and wins the 1st motogp race, the Guy is a living Legend.

And to think about all the idiots who said he should retire just a few years ago. Retire deez nuts :goofy:

He beat his teammate, the Golden Child, and two riders on faster bikes! Yeah he's too old and should retire. :491:

In other news, I was watching the '02 German GP and caught a glimpse of Rossi doing the "feel for the pavement with your foot" thing on lap 14, iirc... didn't see anyone else doing that back then.

I really wonder how that would have played out if Marquez hadn't gone off in T1. He definitely had a good pace going once he cleared the field!!

• Member Contributer

Marquez managed a new record at 217.66 MPH! I can not conceive what it would be like to go that fast! What reflexes!

I was hoping there was some kind of video recording of said lap but none found yet.

Marquez was no quicker than the front runners when he got up to 6th place.

He probably had to back off since he would have chewed up his tires pretty bad making his way through the pack.

It's a long season and Marquez is smart enough to know he needs points. He was too far back to catch them, and recognized this, IMO.

• Member Contributer

Marquez managed a new record at 217.66 MPH! I can not conceive what it would be like to go that fast! What reflexes!

I was hoping there was some kind of video recording of said lap but none found yet.

I checked the Eurosport broadcast (on my PVR) but there is no coverage of a full lap of Marquez.

There is footage where the speeds are blended in over Lorenzo and at some point you see the table with the top speeds. Then a few seconds of Marquez; but that is about it.

Rossi...

Old enough to know better

Young enough not to care :goofy:

Now, as for modding them Ducati wings on my redslut..... :cool:

CAJ6zp_UsAAY_ex.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler Alert for qualifying; Unbelievable qualifying for tomorrows MotoGp in Austin. The lap record dropped several times in in succession and Marquez had a problem getting his first bike to start and rode it a bit and parked it against the wall as his top position on the pole started falling fast. He sprinted back to the pits, got on his second bike, but there didn't seem to be enough time, then the magic of Mark Marquez happened. Unbelievable lap to take pole. 1 Honda, 2 Ducati Dovi, 3, Yamaha, Jorge. Cal Crutchlow and Redding also on Hondas on row two. I hope it doesn't rain for the race.

Yes that pole lap was like nothing I've ever seen before and I've been following GP as much as possible since 1993.

The race was enjoyable enough. Not a classic, but certainly fun enough.

• Member Contributer

Yes that pole lap was like nothing I've ever seen before and I've been following GP as much as possible since 1993.

The race was enjoyable enough. Not a classic, but certainly fun enough.

I typically don't watch qualifying but did this time. More exciting than most races!

• Member Contributer

Mark showed his arse on that move. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Take the 20 points Marc, you didn't have the pace, not with Valentino taking 7/10ths per lap.

Very excited to see Vale win again, was yelling at the tv. He ran them all down from 8th. Guy is a legend and the GOAT. One hundred ten victories in Grand Prix, astonishing in the modern age.

Archived