Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I am afraid that Rossi will win the chapionship and then quit on a high note.

I am a Rossi fan, but the championship is far from over, but the sad thing is, I have a feeling that some of the antics on track, may say different.

So...was Assen a fluke, or will Rossi be able to qualify on the front row again in Germany? If he can qualify well the rest of the season, he does have a chance to win his 10th world title, I think.

Ciao,

I haven't read the Motomatters notes on QP but Emmett has said numerous times that Rossi find it hard to hot-lap straight out of the pits, but needs to build up to his qualifying pace. The other guys are now going for two and even three stop strategies in QP so get two or thee shots on fresh rubber, and are hot right out of the box - so they're pushing Rossi down the order each time.

So did he adopt their strategy? Or did he just say "eh, fack it, let's make a good lap!" :goofy:

History would suggest that he'll be back to second or third row again, but if Lorrenzo and Marquez start tangling, Rossi will have no problem pulling back up to the front during the races. It's going to be a fascinating second half of the season...

• Member Contributer

I am afraid that Rossi will win the chapionship and then quit on a high note.

Nahh. A long way to go and a tight battle between teammates. Rossi has 111 wins, Ago is 122. So 11 wins separate them and I could see Rossi renewing one last time and calling it quits. Current contract is through 2016, first year of the Michelin return.

This championship has been about tires. Medium compound, Lorenzo. Hard compound, Rossi or Marquez. Medium with heat resistant layer, Rossi or Marquez. Rinse, repeat.

So...was Assen a fluke, or will Rossi be able to qualify on the front row again in Germany? If he can qualify well the rest of the season, he does have a chance to win his 10th world title, I think.

Ciao,

I haven't read the Motomatters notes on QP but Emmett has said numerous times that Rossi find it hard to hot-lap straight out of the pits, but needs to build up to his qualifying pace. The other guys are now going for two and even three stop strategies in QP so get two or thee shots on fresh rubber, and are hot right out of the box - so they're pushing Rossi down the order each time.

So did he adopt their strategy? Or did he just say "eh, fack it, let's make a good lap!" :goofy:

History would suggest that he'll be back to second or third row again, but if Lorrenzo and Marquez start tangling, Rossi will have no problem pulling back up to the front during the races. It's going to be a fascinating second half of the season...

Rossi won this race, not from getting pole but from Saturday in Barcelona. His team made a weight distribution change and it was the change they were looking for, for months. Then on the following Monday he got a new chassis that he likes as it helps with tire wear at the end of the race. Weight distribution with the new chassis is the same as the old one.

Going back the last 11 years with Yamaha. The first of the seasons it's up and down. Usually in June, Burgess would finally nail down a base setup solving base setup for Rossi for the rest of the year. This tradition continues with Galbusera.

• Member Contributer

Jamie Hacking's save is pretty good too: He was lying on the ground...

• Member Contributer

No off road BS this time. Marquez and Honda are back !!

Marquez hit Rossi so offroad obviously wasn't his first choice.

The ring lacked grip, which is why Honda dominated. The Yamaha, Ducati, and Suzuki could not use their better mechanical grip. The Honda likes to spin and this circuit masks the problem with the bike. They will hopefully fix this at the Aragon test this week and I expect Marquez to be challenging for the rest of the year.

Rossi has led all year long. Pretty remarkable but at the same time not surprising. The old man has always had it where it counts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Marquez takes the lead from Lorenzo !!

With two laps to go .

At Indy .

way
J. LORENZO

MARQUEZ !!!!!!!!

CL_PHOIWIAAsHye.jpg

Well at least he did not go off the road !!

• Member Contributer

The kid is definitely learning! He waited patiently and passed when he knew he could keep the lead. Great battle for third too.

Moto2 race was also exciting to watch. I think the lead was swapped about 7 times with in a matter of a few minutes!

Moto3 was a weird race, caught from the middle of the race and I was confused as hell for a while, as the race leaders appeared to be behind everyone and none of the usual suspects were up front???

That Craig Doyle bloke bugs me !

(for those in the US, Craig Doyle is one of the BT Sport talking heads, that asks the other talking heads what the riders will be thinking - stuff like that)

I thought paying the extra $$ for BT Sport meant that we would not have to listen to him, and then they sign him up !!

Outrageous !

(sorry,rant over)

Archived