Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

In 2014 MM had it all his own way, because his Honda, was better than the Yamaha and the Ducati, also his team-mate was not a 100% fit. Marquez in 2014 did not need to ride on the limit, certainly not for the first half of the season, the Yamaha was just not at the same level as the Honda. But 2015 is a totally different matter, the Yamaha is a lot more competitive, so MM has been having to ride at 100%, Mark needs to learn when to except 2nd place rather than 1st. Mark has binned the Honda 5 times this season, when he should have settled for a podium finish, in most cases a guaranteed 2nd. Now you don't need to be a rocket scientist to see where Marquez would be in the championship right now, yes fighting for the 2015 Motogp Championship.

• Member Contributer
Why do you think he has put it in the litter so many times this year? He has to over ride the front to compensate.

Because he didn't ride smart and finish the race with decent points instead of riding over the bike's capabilities for the win every time. :wink:

Pretty much every champion in the last 30 years has ridden a bike that had issues that had to be overcome. The champions settled for points on those days that the bike just didn't have what it took to compete for the podium.

I agree with you, but Marc Marquez won't settle. That's not him. Perhaps he will learn it over the coming years, but not this year. And that same attitude brought him championships the last two years.

Here some stuff posted from today.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/10/16/2015_phillip_island_friday_round_up_on_d.html

If it was bad for the Yamahas, it was even worse for the Hondas. "I heard some guys were complaining about rear grip," Cal Crutchlow joked. "If they could be riding the Honda this year, they would really know what no rear grip is." Though he went on to express his appreciation of just how hard Honda were working to solve the problem for 2016, getting drive out of corners remains the weak point for the Honda. "At the moment, we've got way too much acceleration and we haven't got enough grip," Crutchlow explained.

Rear grip or no, Marc Márquez still managed to put his Repsol Honda at the top of the timesheets. To an extent, the fact that he has not had any rear grip all season gave him a bit of an advantage. "The thing is that during the season we are struggling always so here we are used to these slides," Márquez said. They came to every track with ideas to tackle a lack of grip, and had ended up with a pretty good set up. Márquez and his team were still working on solutions to improve rear grip, but they had a solid start. The fact that they had the same problem last year just made things easier.

• Member Contributer
Pretty much every champion in the last 30 years has ridden a bike that had issues that had to be overcome. The champions settled for points on those days that the bike just didn't have what it took to compete for the podium.

I agree with you, but Marc Marquez won't settle. That's not him. Perhaps he will learn it over the coming years, but not this year. And that same attitude brought him championships the last two years.

It took Schwantz many years to get over it and learn to take what he could get from his setup/power. His Suzuki bikes were always underpowered compared to Honda and Yamaha.

• Member Contributer

Rossi has his work cut out tomorrow. A lowly 8th is his worst qualifying since Indy. Lorenzo needs to capitalise on this.

Cal looks to be mastering the Honda now too, only 2/10ths behind Dani in 5th.

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2015/AUS/MotoGP/Q2/QualifyingResults.pdf?v1_92ecb95e

Sky box set to record! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Holy S#!t...I thought that the Motegi was a race to watch, Philip Island is a MUST SEE race! For those wanting to see an awesome battle for a podium finish, this is one to watch. Oh, while you're at it, take a look at where Maverick Vignales places, definitely someone to watch.

• Member Contributer

The best MotoGP race ever!

They're calling the best race of the season, perhaps decade! During Motegi I couldn't sit still, in this race you would have thought I was on fire! Definitely one I'll remember for a long time. Might even watch it again later tonight, even knowing the outcome it was such great action. Finally we got to see a VR, MM and JL battle worth watching, was very surprised to see Ionnone in there for so long, definitely made it more interesting.

Saw similar racing over at WSBK too, some serious battles going on for podium finishes, but since this was their last race of the year, it made the fighting even more vicious I think. Great battles with unexpected wins and losses. Great weekend for racing action I guess.

• Member Contributer

first lap fun for Iannonne...better check his leathers after the race...

• Member Contributer

Marquez and the Rossi asking "W H A T T H E < B L E E P > ? ! ? ! ? "

http://vid113.photobucket.com/albums/n206/Dutchy_748/VIDEO0060_zps2hmrgn42.mp4

I know that's what I shouted when I saw it! I could not believe it. I think MM is the one who needs to check his shorts, Ionne literally came out of nowhere! Right out camera frame, in and through to pass both.

• Member Contributer

That has to be one of the best Motogp races ever.

Stomach was in a knot the entire race. Best GP race I've seen since I started watching.

He was out of talent for sure .

• Member Contributer

Rooting for Vale to win one more title:

C'mon, get past Marquez! No, wait, let him go and catch Jorge, need the points! Iannone only doing 330kph on the straight? Looked more like 300mph! And that double pass, Andrea having the race of his life! Got to stop yelling so I can hear the commentary. Damn, knocked my beer over...

Here's hoping (dreaming) that the next two are this good, and Rossi wins by a single point.

Phillip Island was the best race all season! I wish other circuits allowed this tight of a race. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. My favorites are Rossi and Lorenzo. I hope Rossi wins the championship mainly because of his age. I'm not sure he will ever get this close again. I like Marquez too but both he and Iannonne often push to the point of nearly taking out other riders (albeit not in this race).

R.I.P. Gavin

• Member Contributer

Phillip Island was the best race all season! I wish other circuits allowed this tight of a race. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. My favorites are Rossi and Lorenzo. I hope Rossi wins the championship mainly because of his age. I'm not sure he will ever get this close again. I like Marquez too but both he and Iannonne often push to the point of nearly taking out other riders (albeit not in this race).R.I.P. Gavin

It was close because the track had less grip than last year or in 2013 when they repaved it. Maybe they should slick up all the tracks :)

Archived