Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Member Contributer

Has Rossi lost his hero status?

I think Rossi has done more damage to his reputation, than he realises. Valentino stepped over the line, with that kick. Just heard Rossi gets 3 penalty points on his licence, he keeps his points, and starts at the back of the grid at the last round of the season.

If that's indeed the case, there goes his 10th championship! What a shame

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Has Rossi lost his hero status?

I think Rossi has done more damage to his reputation, than he realises. Valentino stepped over the line, with that kick. Just heard Rossi gets 3 penalty points on his licence, he keeps his points, and starts at the back of the grid at the last round of the season.

If that's indeed the case, there goes his 10th championship! What a shame

Well subject to any appeals. I am surprised he kept his points,

What a sad way to end one of the best Motogp seasons ever, and maybe the end of Rossi's motogp career, only time will tell with that one. Valentino, you certainly stepped over the line with that kick. Could be a very costly kick, not just for his reputation, but his Motogp future.

• Member Contributer

I just seen a video from a fan that shows Rossi clearly kicking the side of MM bike.

Personally I think he did, whether or not is was a reflex of them touching who knows. Die hard Rossi supporters will call it reflex, MM supporters will call it a kick, either way you slice it, this has bad written all over it! Not a good day for anyone other than Dani and Lorenzo. Speaking of which, did you see him walk off the podium? They said the fans were booing him, so he up and left.

The outrage will get worst for Rossi, more booing and the fans will be relentless .

• Member Contributer

Watching various angles in slow motion, it looks to me like MM leans into Rossi and Rossi reacts by pushing MM away.

What happened before that was unacceptable, what happened after was unexpected and unplanned.

I also think the appeals will have an effect upon the outcome and we haven't heard the last of this.

• Member Contributer

All I can say is that both Lorenzo and Pedrosa were very critical of Rossi's action, what happen with the leg aside, they were talking about how Rossi purposely slowed down and forced the contact with Marquez. Jorge seemed more upset than Dani and Dani seemed to more disappointed than anything. Wow not a good way to end the season!

• Member Contributer

Lorenzo "interrupted the hearing and demanded his Yamaha teammate be disqualified."

The plot thickens ..

He was asked the question if he did do that and he said he did not. He did later in the press conference said, that if MM got zero points, don't you think it would be fair that VR also got the same points.

• Member Contributer

Watching various angles in slow motion, it looks to me like MM leans into Rossi and Rossi reacts by pushing MM away.

What happened before that was unacceptable, what happened after was unexpected and unplanned.

I also think the appeals will have an effect upon the outcome and we haven't heard the last of this.

At the end of the day, Rossi kicked Marquez out of the way, whether Rossi intended for Marquez to crash, is another thing. But as you say we have not heard the last of this, Yamaha did not like what they saw Rossi do. Can you imagine what the Yamaha Team are going through at the moment, they know Rossi was totally in the wrong with that kick, whether provoked or otherwise. Then you have to think about Lorenzo, he knows at the very least Rossi should of had his points for 3rd place taken away. That at the moment has not happened. Then you have to think about the atmosphere in the Yamaha Team, its not going to be good is it. Then you have the sponsors to think about, and they do not like their goods being tarnished, with bad publicity, and it will be after today. Then we have Honda and Marquez, who certainly will feel done by. As I said long term a lot of damage can and will be done through this.

• Member Contributer

He leans into him to kept from being pushed off the track by his foot .

I think the foot/knee came out after the contact. I think you'd expect that instinctively as you would expect MM to try to force VR back to the racing line.

A stupid decision from VR to force them both out wide, to what effect he hoped for I cannot imagine, but then events took over. I don't believe VR meant for MM to crash out, that would be madness. But he did cause him to crash and the current punishment does not seem proportionate.

• Member Contributer

Lorenzo "interrupted the hearing and demanded his Yamaha teammate be disqualified."

The plot thickens ..

He was asked the question if he did do that and he said he did not. He did later in the press conference said, that if MM got zero points, don't you think it would be fair that VR also got the same points.

Yeah wow Rossi loses his ride for sure . Back to Ducati ?

• Member Contributer

He leans into him to kept from being pushed off the track by his foot .

I think the foot/knee came out after the contact. I think you'd expect that instinctively as you would expect MM to try to force VR back to the racing line.

A stupid decision from VR to force them both out wide, to what effect he hoped for I cannot imagine, but then events took over. I don't believe VR meant for MM to crash out, that would be madness. But he did cause him to crash and the current punishment does not seem proportionate.

I might agree with you but Rossi was planning to do something.

It is a disgrace that race direction did not black flag Rossi during the race.

At the least .

The kick is not particularly important, Rossi doesn't posses super human strength in his legs and couldn't have kicked Marquez off nor could he have hit Marquez's brake lever as they have gaurds over them. Anyway, it was his knee more than a kick. Marquez had almost no choice but to lean on him and this is where Rossi is completely in the wrong, to brake so hard and drive him to the edge of the track was completely unsporting,dangerous and just plain wrong! Marquez could, of course, have backed out of the throttle and avoided the clash but that's not a racers first instinct.

Rossi's got off lightly! Marquez? Was he trying to influence Rossi's chances? TBH I'm not sure, maybe I've fallen for Rossi's mind games too. Lorenzo should suck it up and just get on with it and poor old Pedrosa has another great weekend and win overshadowed yet again.

Valencia, Marquez gets stuck in to Lorenzo and takes them both out, Danny wins from pole and Valentino gets 3rd and the championship. Bradley Smith 2nd :-)

The kick is not particularly important,

I am not sure if that is what led MM to crash, maybe he did as he crashed immediately after it. But it is important as just for the kick he should have been disqualified (also for intentionally running wide trying to force MM off the track).

Marquez had almost no choice but to lean on him

I disagree that MM leaned into VR. MM had to adjust his line (running wider) a couple of times which can clearly be seen from the helicopter view of the incident. VR purposely ran wide off the racing line looking at MM and braked to force MM to run wide.

The kick is not particularly important,

I am not sure if that is what led MM to crash, maybe he did as he crashed immediately after it. But it is important as just for the kick he should have been disqualified (also for intentionally running wide trying to force MM off the track).

Marquez had almost no choice but to lean on him

I disagree that MM leaned into VR. MM had to adjust his line (running wider) a couple of times which can clearly be seen from the helicopter view of the incident. VR purposely ran wide off the racing line looking at MM and braked to force MM to run wide.It was announced the Nicky will enter the MotoGP Hall of Fame, VR should report to the Hall of Shame until at least Valencia.

I only meant lent on him or leant in to try and avoid being forced off of the track, completely as a consequence of VR's actions, so I think we agree really. MM says VR did touch his brake lever and cause him to lock the front. I just can't understand how as they have the gaurds on them.

Race direction's view

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224594/1/motogp-race-director-explains-rossi-punishment.html

Which seems to indicate the VR didn't touch MM's brake lever.

Either way, VR's in the wrong, there's no place for that at any level of motorcycle racing!

MM bashes hiss helmet on Rossi's knee. I think that is the reason Rossi's foot came loose from his footpeg. It looks like a delibetate kick, but i do believe that MM deliberatly was trying to slow Rossi down. So i think bot guilty

• Member Contributer

Just finished watching the race. I am a true Marquez fan and give props to Dani, that kid was on fire. I used to give Rossi respect just for the simple fact of what he has accomplished in his career, but now, I have no respect for the man. A true champion battles fairly and accepts the fact if someone was better than them at the time. No one will ever convince me that Val did not kick at Marquez intentionally. Should have black flagged his ass. Starting him at the back of the grid on the last race is race directions way of keeping him from winning the championship. Every rider at Valencia will probably do everything they can to keep him at the very back, at least that is what I would do. Jorge just has to finish on the podium to win it. Go Jorge.

• Member Contributer

Just finished watching the race. I am a true Marquez fan and give props to Dani, that kid was on fire. I used to give Rossi respect just for the simple fact of what he has accomplished in his career, but now, I have no respect for the man. A true champion battles fairly and accepts the fact if someone was better than them at the time. No one will ever convince me that Val did not kick at Marquez intentionally. Should have black flagged his ass. Starting him at the back of the grid on the last race is race directions way of keeping him from winning the championship. Every rider at Valencia will probably do everything they can to keep him at the very back, at least that is what I would do. Jorge just has to finish on the podium to win it. Go Jorge.

From the Facebook link previously to the Crash.net slo-mo video, it appears MM's head hits VR who then pushes his knee out, presumably to push MM away. It probably was intentional, just not to cause him to crash, just to stop MM from hitting him.

VR was stupid today. He should know better than to back himself into a corner so publicly.

• Member Contributer

All good points, but we aren't noticing one thing. Lorenzo passed MM and he didn't make the least bit of effort to stay with him and fight back. He then conveniently went wide on the brakes and immediately got into the biggest dogfight ever with VR. He was successfully doing exactly what VR accused him of in the previous race. I wish VR had got on the gas instead of running him wide, but one of them was eventually going to crash sooner or later with or without a kick because MM wasn't going to leave that fight. Unfortunately, MM succeded in making sure VR will not win the championship.

Archived