Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hope MM wins last two races like he did last year . :wheel:

yep, so at least whore-gay won't be first! Really rooting for Rossi this year and although this last race didn't turn out that well for him, I think no one expected to see Ionne come on and stay so strong the whole race this time!

• Member Contributer

I think Rossi rode an outstanding race. He had better lap times than George. Rossi is taller and all that fighting burned up his fuel so by the end of the race the fuel computers had to be in trim. Iannone with more fuel (Ducati gets an extra few liters) and Marquez who is lighter, well Rossi did everything he could. All 4 rode about as well as they possibly could and any one of them could have won the race.

Rossi has to finish in front of George at Sepang.

Just watched Aragon, Motegi, and PI in succession. The last time the racing was this exciting was was the fairing bashing at Motegi a few years back!

Flag to flag battles with precision, good job men!

Poor seagull .

One of the On-line news blurbs had something like " motorcycle racer kills bird" ! Even had the vidio clip of the kill, no mention of who or how great the race was and glad the bird didn't cause any issue for the riders!

Damn Killer Bikers!

• Member Contributer

As I was watching the three races unfold that morning I was just thinking "nobody has said anything about seagulls this year", which the commentators usually do when talking about the PI track layout, the wind, the sea, etc. And a few minutes later, Gavin struck! (This was on the BT Sport UK broadcast, so it's possible the other dudes were all over it!)

Sepang or bust for Valentino... :mellow:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Anyone else perplexed by this? Rossi is claiming that MM purposely held back at Philip Island to help JL get away and that he MM is trying to help JL as he has it in for Rossi.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/10/22/2015_sepang_motogp_thursday_round_up_ros.html

• Member Contributer

與你的競爭對手的頭腦他媽的

"Dutchy with your competitors mind"

Am sure it is somewhere in Sun Tsu's epic book... :-)

Watch the language!

Mea culpa...

• Member Contributer

Anyone else perplexed by this? Rossi is claiming that MM purposely held back at Philip Island to help JL get away and that he MM is trying to help JL as he has it in for Rossi.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/10/22/2015_sepang_motogp_thursday_round_up_ros.html

If you watch the race and the last lap I would have to agree but I think he is just becoming more conservative with his tires.

And while your watching the last lap kept your eye on Rossi and look at his last pass. Classic Rossi.

• Member Contributer

Here is VR's post press conference interview. Interesting to say the least.

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2015/10/23/rossi-on-marquez-complete-statement/188101

Gotta have a account .

Can you sum it up for us.

• Member Contributer

Here is VR's post press conference interview. Interesting to say the least.

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2015/10/23/rossi-on-marquez-complete-statement/188101

Gotta have a account .

Can you sum it up for us.

VR basically accuses MM of not playing fair and that this actually goes all the way back to Laguna Seca and he feels that MM is being sneaky and not honest about his "tactics". Going further on that, he said he actually prefers the rivalry he had with Biaggi as it was truly out in the open and not sneaky like MM is doing. Even went so far as to say, "Did MM really have a poster of me in his house?" "I would love to go back in time and see". He also stated that MM doesn't want to see him take another title as it would be one more that he would have to get in order to beat his record, which is ultimately what MM is after. If this is indeed his way of getting into MM's head it just seems like he is creating more drama than "head games". Oh well, we'll see how things turn out. Right now, JL is is usual self and MM is as well, so we will see. I think this will all come down to Valencia and going to really be a fight to the finish!

• Member Contributer

Rossi worried? Has to perform better this weekend or it's sayonara!

• Member Contributer

This is from the MotGP website....

Do you think that Marquez helped out Lorenzo at Phillip Island?
“It is indeed true that Marquez did not play with both of us: he only played with me! It is important that he knows that I know! Now let's see what happens, but I am quite concerned because to have to fight with Lorenzo is one thing, but if you have to beat Marquez as well, everything becomes much more difficult, to be honest - the case is that he isn’t playing fair (something that a professional rider has to do in these situations). Especially because Marquez could be very competitive in the last two races.”

“For me it was a big disappointment, I was upset, it was from a few races ago that I knew, but I did not expect him to do something so obvious. I feel disappointment, regret and worry, because surely he will try to do it here and also in Valencia.”

So why did he eventually also overtake Lorenzo?
“In the race I noticed it, but I did not understand; Marquez was a step above everyone, but instead of trying to try to battle Lorenzo, he stayed with me to fight with Iannone and others. He knew that I was losing out to the Ducati on the straight. And so every time I tried to pass him, he re-overtook me (super-aggressive, but thats the way it is). But then he slowed to create a gap to Jorge. His bad luck was that on Sunday Jorge was not so strong, because otherwise it would have been over already. Instead, he always kept Jorge in check, knowing that he could catch him within 3 laps, and then tried to slow me and Iannone, perhaps trying to put other riders between me and Lorenzo. And in the end, that's what he did. It is clearly quite worrying, but it doesn't worry me too much”

Why do you think he did this?
“Because he would prefer Lorenzo to win. He is angry at me for a personal matter. Although he never said it, he thinks that in Argentina I made him crash; and then at Assen he is still thinking about the last chicane, in his head he feels he should have won that race. Since then he has been angry and thinking like a child: I do not win, but you do not win either. At this point, the lesser evil is for him is for Lorenzo to win.”

Is it something that motivates you or makes you angry?
"Let's see. Because if he's faster yet slows down to get involved in the battles further back, it could become difficult. Because he has nothing to lose, but I do. I have to be wary. I'm sorry and I'm quite angry. I did not expect that Marquez was an obstacle for this Championship, I thought I was only fighting against Jorge, as it should be.”

Because he used to idolise you, did you think this wouldn't happen?
"Watch out, here we must make a clarification: did he really idolise me? Did he really have my poster at home? I'm not so sure. I'd like to go back in time and see. It will also be a question of character, he is competing with me: I want to win as many World Championships as I can. If I win another title, then he knows that he will have to win one more to overtake me. If instead Jorge wins, then they have more or less the same.”

Was it better with Biaggi, because he at least made his feelings clear?
"It's true you are right. In the long run, I prefer more his behaviour. We were obnoxious to each other, but at least it was clear and honest. But I do not have his phone number.”

Did this all begin in Laguna Seca?
“There have been lots of moments, at Laguna Seca he wanted to do what I had done to Stoner five years before, when he could easily have passed three corners later. It was the first signal. And I said so, but I did not want to believe it. To think evil, it takes forever.”

Wanting to make a literary comparison, since we are in Malaysia, do you feel like Sandokan fighting Yanez?
"I would not know. I do not think that there is this difference between me and Lorenzo. I think we're both brave, each in his own way, and also a bit cunning."

Obnoxious is an understatement... VR is saying he should only have to compete with JL... The priviledges he has been afforded after so much success over so much time have gone to his head.

Obvioysly it's a (rather pathetic) attempt at psychological warfare but if you were to take his words seriously: Why should he have it any easier then anyone else on the grid? He not only has to compete with JL and MM but AI, DP and everyone else that qualifies for the starting grid.

Tough schnitzel VR, MM's right, you are going to have to beat everyone "on the racetrack" if you want your 10th world championship crown!!

Less babble and more throttle whinger!!

Archived