Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

If you doubt me you may search my posts but I am not a Pedrosa fan.

That being said I have never seen Dani ride such a determined race against a competitor as today. What a great race for 2nd!

Kudos to all and the points tighten as we now wait 2 weeks for the circus to arrive in Motegi.

• Member Contributer

And what about Kent? Full whack, leaned over, decided to look back over his shoulder which giveshim a big highsider....

Go Rossi!!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

That being said I have never seen Dani ride such a determined race against a competitor as today. What a great race for 2nd!

Kudos to all and the points tighten as we now wait 2 weeks for the circus to arrive in Motegi.

Couldn't agree more. You can let your hatred of Dani cloud your judgement but he held off(and sometimes pushed off) a 9 time world champ at a time where he is riding as good as ever. No one else on the grid who was still mounted could have done that. Despite a few MPH advantage the Honda enjoys, the Yamaha is a better bike so that's even more impressive. Not a Dani fan and his days are numbered but it's clear why he has a factory seat.

• Member Contributer

Couldn't agree more. You can let your hatred of Dani cloud your judgement but he held off(and sometimes pushed off) a 9 time world champ at a time where he is riding as good as ever. No one else on the grid who was still mounted could have done that. Despite a few MPH advantage the Honda enjoys, the Yamaha is a better bike so that's even more impressive. Not a Dani fan and his days are numbered but it's clear why he has a factory seat.

+2 wish he had been where he(Dani) is now at the beginning of the season.

• Member Contributer

"9 fois champion du monde de moto gp"

Had a coffee in a small bar at Monaco's marina and spotted this card:

post-8974-0-81640000-1443611379.jpg

They no longer sold the cans of course but the Italian ladies were happy to give me the card :-)

And yeah, a few small boats moored there....

P8119398_zps25ocyeqw.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice plants...

Well, a lead is a lead, but Rossi's basically now got to beat Lorenzo once, maybe twice in the next four races or it's game over for him. Fortunately for Rossi, the odds of one, two or even three of those races being wet are pretty good!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

no, Rossi just needs to finish on the podium, winning by points is winning...

Four races left. Current standings Rossi 263 and Lorenzo 249. If Lorenzo wins all four remaining races, he will have 349 points. Rossi will need 87 points to win. (86 will tie and Lorenzo will have more wins for tie breaker.) Four 3rd place finishes is only 64 points. Four 2nd place finishes is only 80 points. Rossi can't win by just finishing on the podium if Lorenzo wins the next four races.

• Member Contributer

no, Rossi just needs to finish on the podium, winning by points is winning...

Four races left. Current standings Rossi 263 and Lorenzo 249. If Lorenzo wins all four remaining races, he will have 349 points. Rossi will need 87 points to win. (86 will tie and Lorenzo will have more wins for tie breaker.) Four 3rd place finishes is only 64 points. Four 2nd place finishes is only 80 points. Rossi can't win by just finishing on the podium if Lorenzo wins the next four races.

It's gonna be a hell of a four race ending for sure

• Member Contributer

Wow! Nicky Hayden announced today at the Motegi press conference that he will be leaving MotoGP and heading to WSBK and riding for Honda. I think we all saw the writing on the wall and now it's official.

Yes, watching last WSBK race the commentators mentioned Ten Kate had his contract ready for Nicky to be signed. If he signs he will be replacing Silvain who will join Yamaha. No new Fireblade for 2016, maybe in 2017.

• Member Contributer

Sadly for Nicky, Michael van der Mark will be faster and sadly for both of them, they'll be riding the Honda. Just call Rea and ask him how that bike worked out for him. Unfortunately not even in the same class as the Kawi or the Aprilia.

• Member Contributer

Sadly for Nicky, Michael van der Mark will be faster and sadly for both of them, they'll be riding the Honda. Just call Rea and ask him how that bike worked out for him. Unfortunately not even in the same class as the Kawi or the Aprilia.

My thoughts as well. He would have been better off with the Aprilia, even without factory support. Considering how big of a letdown the last few honda racebikes have been, not seeing much hope for 2017. If he was serious about wanting to switch to a position to win WSBK, he would have been better off going with a test rider position at KTM.

• Member Contributer

Test riding is not racing. And I reckon Nicky is in it for the race.....

• Member Contributer

[My thoughts as well. He would have been better off with the Aprilia,

I heard Aprilia will leave WSBK and concentrate all their recources on MotoGP.

That is the rumor, they said that factory support will move to support MotoGP. The other rumor is that Nicky will be getting the current Honda for 2016 but will be given a new model for 2017 so he can help develop it. This of course is just a rumor but so was him moving to WSBK at one time.

• Member Contributer

Well if qualifying is any indicator of what we'll see in Sunday's race, it's going to be something not to miss! I think I enjoyed watching it as much as watching an actual race!

• Member Contributer

Maybe he's thinking long-term? Nicky has (nearly?) always been a Honda rider, and I'm sure he's aware of the long-term associations other American racers like Colin Edwards and Kevin Schwantz have enjoyed with Yamaha and Suzuki, respectively. Perhaps this is Nicky's retirement plan!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Maybe he's thinking long-term? Nicky has (nearly?) always been a Honda rider, and I'm sure he's aware of the long-term associations other American racers like Colin Edwards and Kevin Schwantz have enjoyed with Yamaha and Suzuki, respectively. Perhaps this is Nicky's retirement plan!

Ciao,

Don't forget Wayne Rainey and Kenny Roberts with Yamaha, Randy Mamola with Cagiva/Ducati*, and Freddy Spencer with Honda. They all benefited several years after retirement with the respective brands. Wayne is still in the Yamaha pits, Randy still gives rides on the 2 seater Desmosedici, and Freddy's superbike school was sponsored in part by Honda.

*Randy actually rode longer with Suzuki (5 seasons), then Yamaha (4 seasons), while riding only three seasons on the Cagiva (Owners of Ducati at the time) and two on the Honda. However, he developed the Cagiva Grand Prix bike and rode beyond its capabilities along with the sub-standard (of the time) Pirelli tires when Michelin and Dunlop were otherwise exclusive on the Grand Prix circuit. Randy routinely left long black double skid marks all the way through turns from both front and rear tires on a bucking high strung 500cc two stroke, decades before it became a somewhat common site with modern electronic aided MotoGP four strokes.

• Member Contributer

Spoke with a lady last week who was on the back with Randy :-)

Her husband works for Marlboro and had won the jolly. With the weight limitted at 90kilo, he was not allowed on the back.

• Member Contributer

To say this race was one to watch was an understatement! OMG! I would have never predicted the outcome....I leave it at that!

• Member Contributer

Great ride by Pedrosa, this is why he has the factory ride, when he's 100% fit, as he is now, he can run at the front, with the best of them. Rossi one step closer. GO GO GO, Rossi.

Archived