Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Just goes to show you, anything can happen! From crashing out to a 3rd place finish.

• Member Contributer

Why did Rossi & Lorenzo ignore their pit boards telling them to pit?

I know it's the riders that make the decisions but your decisions are only as good as the information you have and the pits had the info that slicks were considerably quicker.

• Member Contributer

I know it's the riders that make the decisions but your decisions are only as good as the information you have and the pits had the info that slicks were considerably quicker.

I agree, Rossi and Lorenzo, were thinking far too much about themselves, and the championship, but Rossi was in a ideal position to see Lorenzo tyre had past its best, not only Lorenzo but his own. To overtake Lorenzo on warn wets was a big mistake, Rossi then had lost the advantage on Lorenzo. Rossi was very lucky at Lorenzo's' misfortune. If Rossi had gone in when he should off, he could of had a far bigger points lead in the championship. But hey ho, what do we know.

• Member Contributer

I agree, Rossi and Lorenzo, were thinking far too much about themselves, and the championship, but Rossi was in a ideal position to see Lorenzo tyre had past its best, not only Lorenzo but his own. To overtake Lorenzo on warn wets was a big mistake, Rossi then had lost the advantage on Lorenzo. Rossi was very lucky at Lorenzo's' misfortune. If Rossi had gone in when he should off, he could of had a far bigger points lead in the championship. But hey ho, what do we know.

From the slo-mo shots of their front tyres shedding rubber, they must have known they were shot.

Can't understand their reasoning at all.

• Member Contributer

Humankind only learns where the limits are by contiiously pushing them :goofy:

Airbag equipped race suits came in handy today as well.... :beer:

• Member Contributer

I missed the last 8 laps. Reset DVR to extend by 60 mins.

I had the same problem. Race was interesting, but missed the final laps. So I recorded the replay on following Tuesday and avoided race results until I could see the end of the race.

• Member Contributer

The only thing I could think of was Rossi was trying to force Lorenzo to push too hard on the shredded rain tires and get him to crash. He should have pitted when Marquez did. 2nd or 3rd is a handful more points than 5th. Or maybe he was really afraid that Lorenzo would have that much more dry pace than him that it was better to keep him off the slicks as long as possible.

• Member Contributer

I haven't seen anything yet, but I would like to hear what Valentino has said about his reasoning, because it seemed like a mistake to pass Lorenzo and then not pit. I can understand him "racing" only Lorenzo, but when he knew they both had to pit anyway, the "okay" result would have been to pit when Lorenzo pitted; the best result would have been to wait until Lorenzo passed the pit lane and then dive into it himself; but the worst result was to let Lorenzo do it to him! I hope those "extra" ten points or so won't be the difference at the end of the season.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

How bad is Lorenzo hand ?

They said it wasn't serious, at least nothing that will affect his ability to race. I have a feeling that JL will be going for the jugular at Aragon! Rossi needs a few more wet races, as JL seems to be much slower in the wet weather.

• Member Contributer

How bad is Lorenzo hand ?

They said it wasn't serious, at least nothing that will affect his ability to race. I have a feeling that JL will be going for the jugular at Aragon! Rossi needs a few more wet races, as JL seems to be much slower in the wet weather.

Thanks !

• Member Contributer

The only championship I remember where it was close and Rossi lost was THE YEAR and Nicky won...through a Rossi forced error or two.

• Member Contributer

The only championship I remember where it was close and Rossi lost was THE YEAR and Nicky won...through a Rossi forced error or two.

And to this day there are some who still hold a grudge against Dani Pedrosa for crashing into Nicky Hayden that year, even though Hayden won the championship! I believe the difference between VR and NH was 5 points! The difference between a first and second place finish...GO ROSSI!

Archived