Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my GF rides her own 2000 VFR, so I can't complain too much, she just doesn't think about bikes 24 hours a day like I do.

I'll have to look into it some more. It doesn't look like I can get any HD channels over the air where I live. Just too far out of Atlanta I guess, so local channels/news is out.

• Member Contributer

Are you guys married, or have live-in significant others, that don't have cable/satellite? Watching MotoGP 24/7 would be fine with me, but I doubt my girlfriend would go for it. :goofy:

I think it is one of those comfort things. Even though there seems like nothing is on the TV, there has always been 150 channels to surf through and eventually find something to watch when it is rainy or cold outside. We already have Netflix and Amazon Prime to stream stuff with. Could take the extra desktop out of the spare bedroom and make it a dedicated streaming computer to the TV.

Do you guys stream local news somehow to the TV?

I built a media PC that stays in the living room and I use that for watching video streams on the large screen TV. If the wife wants to watch something on that TV and I'm not overly caring of the size of screen I watch it on, I use my desktop, laptop or my iPad to stream the race. However, since I like to watch the race in real time, my wife usually isn't up at 5AM PST which is when most of the races start, so I get the large screen for 99% of the races. Before the cable company changed to a fully scrambled signal, I used to tune and/or record TV onto the computer and watch TV shows later, as did my wife. Now that you have to have a decoder/tuner, the PC no longer can be used in this manner! :mad:

If you have a MotoGP account you can log in from anywhere and watch it, even a friends house that has a good internet connection and large screen. I had a job where I was commissioning their AV systems, with large projectors and whole room sound systems, and high speed interent! I would use my iPad with the HDMI adapter and use that to test the video, when it came to lunch time, some of my moto friends who worked with me, would have lunch in the room and we'd watch the races on the large projection screen! Just some of the perks we get working in the AV industry.

• Member Contributer

Luckily, over here BT Sport (British Telecom.....owned by Spanish company Telefonica) has virtually taken over top sports coverage and what a great job they do. We have subscription satellite tv and for an extra sum I get both BT Sport HD channels which not only give me weekly HD premiership rugby coverage but also the full Moto GP season, including all FP & quals, live and in HD.

No issues from Mrs Skids....one advantage of marrying late in life. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Are you guys married, or have live-in significant others, that don't have cable/satellite? Watching MotoGP 24/7 would be fine with me, but I doubt my girlfriend would go for it. :goofy:

I think it is one of those comfort things. Even though there seems like nothing is on the TV, there has always been 150 channels to surf through and eventually find something to watch when it is rainy or cold outside. We already have Netflix and Amazon Prime to stream stuff with. Could take the extra desktop out of the spare bedroom and make it a dedicated streaming computer to the TV.

Do you guys stream local news somehow to the TV?

Dude I have Satellite service. I just removed all the premium basic programming off of it. I have I don't know how many movie channels, all of them, and that's it. They make me subscribe to some ultra basic programming package for $15 a month or something. I don't get ESPN, TNT, CNN, Lifetime (Gag me), Bravo, etc, and I don't care. If it has commercials in it I won't watch it with the exception of news on Sundays. By removing the basic programming package with all that crap I don't watch in it (which included Speed/Fox1) I saved myself like $30 a month so that's $360 a year savings and a MotoGP.com subscription is like $109 for the HD version for the entire year. So to me, I put $200 in my pocket and have the best GP viewing experience anywhere on the planet. HBO has a new streaming service rolling out next month for $15 a month, same as having through cable/sat. As soon as showtime does the same thing I'm removing my Dish from the roof and will never subscribe again until they offer a la carte. At least now I pay for mostly what I watch (Had to go with Dish network to get that, DirecTV and cable co's won't allow to do this) but I still hate that $15-20 a month I pay for shit I never, ever, watch.

We do the same thing you do, flip channels when bored or have it on the background, we just don't want adverts, at all, same thing in the car(XM/Sirius, or Pandora One). And I don't watch GP 24/7. I have the membership and have had it since 2003 or 2004 so I don't have my races interrupted with commercials and get to see the interviews. I do watch most of the practices and qualifying but that is usually 1.5 hrs (two sessions of 45 minutes each) per day on a race weekend and then there isn't another race for two weeks so nobody can complain. I'm not on there watching an hour every day of the year.

Once you do start watching via their service you'll wonder why you didn't do it ten years ago. You can get it on the TV too, just need to plug a computer into your TV via HDMI, or if you have an iPhone or Ipad you can get a $79 Apple TV box which does airplay from your pad or phone. I've been waching the HD gp.com feed on my flatscreen for years now. I fire up the race on the pad then hit airplay which sends it to the TV. Haven't had to sit in front of the computer to watch in many years.

• Member Contributer

one advantage of marrying late in life. :beer:

BINGO!!!!!

My wife -though in love- said yes with her eyes open.

She made me promise one more thing that day.

NEVER sell my motorcycle!

On topic,

got Eurosport HD in the TV package that is in the glasfibre package (phone, TV and 100MB/s up/downstream internet). 2 HD receivers (one also a recorder), 2 tv's and can watch wirelessly on laptop or smartphone..

• Member Contributer

one advantage of marrying late in life. :beer:

BINGO!!!!!

My wife -though in love- said yes with her eyes open.

She made me promise one more thing that day.

NEVER sell my motorcycle!

On topic,

got Eurosport HD in the TV package that is in the glasfibre package (phone, TV and 100MB/s up/downstream internet). 2 HD receivers (one also a recorder), 2 tv's and can watch wirelessly on laptop or smartphone..

Forgot to mention that.....can watch on 4 laptops/smartphones as well, plus I can set my box to record via th'interweb too. Isn't technology cooooool!

And Mrs Skids is as enthusiastic about my bikes as I am....she keeps threatening to get one for herself! :wacko:

The other nice thing about the MotoGp video is you have the option of turning off the talking and listen to the sweet song of those engines. It's the little left/right arrow at the lower right corner of the screen.

• Member Contributer

All Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet the battle of engine architectures continues...

17 V4s (90º is still ideal so look for Aprilia's new engine to be ideal)
8 I4s (Suzuki copies Yamaha's crossplane... I predict a droner BMW)
25 Droners (engineer's pick for friendly power delivery)
0 Screamers (the old status quo I4 is no longer the way forward)

• Member Contributer

The other nice thing about the MotoGp video is you have the option of turning off the talking and listen to the sweet song of those engines. It's the little left/right arrow at the lower right corner of the screen.

I actually find this very annoying. I want to listen to some commentary, as they do talk about things that are not being immediately shown on screen, but the volume difference between the two layers means you either get to listen to the commentary, or you can listen to the bikes. Without blasting the volume, I can't hear the bikes with the commentary on. The bikes end up winning though. :musik20:

Thread Jack* since the topic is jumping around.

Is any MotoGP.com subscriber using the multi-screen upgrade package and is it Only usable during live action?

It doesn't seem like a great value if it can't be used on demand, post live action.

Especially, tough for East Coast viewers. Thanks.

• Member Contributer

You guys know to use the MotoGP spoiler link right if you don't make a race live? Just google Motogp.com no spoiler. It's a link you can use for every round of the calendar. It won't have results, photos, etc.

• Member Contributer

Well... An Italian manufacturer jusy won Malaysia.

Let's see what the Italians do in Qatar today... They took 1st blood...

but....

GO ROSSI!!!!! :-)

Palms are sweating, how do these guys ride this hard, OMG! Must see!!

Also the Moto2 and 3 were very entertaining. Nothing compares is sports.

• Member Contributer

Spoiler spoiler spoiler......

Spoiler

I am smiling ear to ear...

Rossi.... Il Dottore!!!!

post-8974-0-35031700-1427658563.jpg

• Member Contributer

Well what can you say about the Guy, Rossi, the oldest Guy on the grid, with the slowest motogp bike, and wins the 1st motogp race, the Guy is a living Legend.

Archived