Proto Pic Of Naked Vfr?

Noobtastic14

• Member Contributer

I guess since owning an fz for a while now the naked look is growing on me. I like the look of the cb1k. With a little work it could be a fun bike. The red frame work has to go though.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

I like the half trellis frame. Gives it a more upscale European look. Meanwhile the Europeans are making their middleweight naked bikes look more Japanese (Triumph Street Triple/ Ducati Monster).

Andy's VFR SF does look better IMHO. I am getting a bit tired of the transformer look myself.

Honda already tried to sell the Hornet in North America - not a big seller and discontinued. They've also showed prototypes of trellis framed bikes - I don't think they've produced one yet. That's definitely Photoshop work - and frankly, not very good either.

• Member Contributer

I like my CB much better thanks...so it's not a V4...shoot me. I have an ST1300 and it has a big V4...

I notice again that V4 header pipes don't play a big part in the aesthetics for naked V4 Hondas..........Like always, they just kind of hang off the motor, not contributing any aesthetic value to the bike.

The day I see impressive looking headers off a V4 cannot be soon enough!!...I do have to admit that it won't be easy as there are only two pipes visible up front to work with, and they are usually quite small in diameter on VFRs.....

• Member Contributer

If you look for a hideous naked bike look no further (it is even more plastic looking in real life).

Good thing they put a pretty female on top for this picture.....

Benelli-TNT-Cafe-Racer.Stat.jpg

• Member Contributer

Couple things I don't see Honda doing in this...

A) Trellis Frame.

B) V-4 nekkid bike. There are some aesthetic issues that simply won't hold current with their favored "look" at the moment.

C) Naked bikes from Honda (In the US at least) have been pretty much flops lately, discounting the Ruckus.

D) The headlight is phenomenally off-putting.

F) There's not enough current production parts in that image. Honda has a tendency to visit the "parts-bin" when cobbling things together. Saves money on tooling at the factory.

My thoughts? Hopeful photochop by nobody associated with Big Red.

What they NEED to do is build that GL1800 derived nekkid sportbike concept.

honda-concept-6-1.jpg

You'll note this is where the photochopper got the headlamp on post 1.

I was just thinking about a making a post about what would a dream bike be. I would like to see the V4 as a platform personally. Kind of how the SV650 turned out to be. A naked verson, half faired, full faired, then the Wee Strom, etc... A half faired V4 with good looking headers like what Beck mentioned would be a necessity. I also like the CB1000R can and think it would fit well on half faired V4.

I notice again that V4 header pipes don't play a big part in the aesthetics for naked V4 Hondas..........Like always, they just kind of hang off the motor, not contributing any aesthetic value to the bike.

The day I see impressive looking headers off a V4 cannot be soon enough!!...I do have to admit that it won't be easy as there are only two pipes visible up front to work with, and they are usually quite small in diameter on VFRs.....

My Indigo headers are probably the nicest overall look that I've seen. I plan to set my custom bodywork up to reveal the front pipes.

Indigo are pretty much impossible to find these days, though. Actually they were scarce when they were new.

4166661450_0b615dc813_b.jpg

Archived