What did you do to your VFR Today?

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Presson said:

Fitted Goodrich speed bleeders and changed the brake fluid. Why hadn't I found these before. So much easier especially on the rear. Then did an illicit 50 miles ( we are still under restrictions in the UK) to check the brakes and explore the limit of adhesion. 

Damn you! I've been holding out this week and it's been so difficult with the great weather. :beer:

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this buckle in the rim a few weeks ago. Not sure whether it was from a cattle grid in far west Queensland or one of my local goat tracks. Didn’t ever lose pressure, but I couldn’t sleep at night

What did I do to my VFR today? I paid it off!!! 🙂

Had the wheels powder coated to match 8th gen red. They came out great...smooth and shiny. Surprisingly inexpensive.   The brown wheels just weren't cutting it!    

Posted Images

• Member Contributer

So are you subject to fine or arrest if you are out riding?   Here we have mask requirement and limited gatherings, but as far as being out on the roads, there's been no restriction other than the weather. 

Only essential travel allowed although police forces are not all equal in how they enforce that. I'm hoping that if stopped my need to source a new 'flange handle' will avoid the £250 fine....

1 hour ago, Presson said:

Only essential travel allowed although police forces are not all equal in how they enforce that. I'm hoping that if stopped my need to source a new 'flange handle' will avoid the £250 fine....

Don't forget to give your name as Mr D Cummings, they'll wave you on your way with a smile.

• Like 1
  • Member Contributer
3 hours ago, SEdwards said:

Don't forget to give your name as Mr D Cummings, they'll wave you on your way with a smile.

Or put 2 caps in the back of your head....... :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Nice hugger! :fing02:

What brand and do they make 'm for the VFR750F 90-97 as well??

9 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Nice hugger! :fing02:

What brand and do they make 'm for the VFR750F 90-97 as well??

This is a Honda manufactured one. Got lucky on eBay found it with 35% off. 

Mounted up an Arrow exhaust i got of FB vfr800 owners group... of course it's supposed to rain/ snow tomorrow...

• Member Contributer

Replaced my air filter. Still had the original one fitted, didn’t look too bad to me ? But I changed it anyway. Tank only had around 1 to 2 litres of fuel which made it much easier. Made sure the breather hose wasn’t kinked when I lowered the tank.E83D1F57-4D55-4E78-8036-A3CE34E895C0.thumb.jpeg.78d269283bb088fe37c8c24f4f778457.jpegE43D07A1-44CF-45BF-8070-B2492B2CEC17.thumb.jpeg.6ba4b8ea2d8e624a20f38db7c6347ff1.jpegB67C3FD1-6B72-42FA-B174-030C152F3859.thumb.jpeg.e9e8d92b49590feb86c8f5fc89885541.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Nice job Philois1984. Yes, very important with the 8gen to pull on the breather hose to take up the slack while you're lowering the tank back down.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, VFR4Me said:

Went for a ride... wasn't out for long,  but it felt good

And of course its supposed to snow tomorrow

Yeah, stepped out to my garage 2 days ago to see snow quietly falling.

No test ride that day.

Spent the day installing new brake and turn signal additions.

Started the bike just to hear the sound.

• 2 weeks later...