Fotomoto Is Back In The (Vfr) House!

FotoMoto

• Member Contributer

What's up Viffers? Been a while messing around with other bikes (mainly Triumph Speed Triples, still have a '98) but the VFR drought is over. Found a neglected '99 locally that I couldn't pass up. She was rough in person having sat outside for quite sometime by the last owner living in a travel trailer but I quickly determined she had "good bones" since she came with a sargent seat, throttlemeister, K&N filter, ZG screen, new honda R/R and stator, and several extras.

I spent this weekend getting her cleaned up and looking proper. The forks and front wheel still need attention. Ordered a pillon seat cover and delkevic full system to get the ball rolling. :goofy:

D2E1B8A3-25C2-42C6-9431-F1704D27D633_zps

D2D91AD0-E0C3-46E1-AE4E-AFF5343A390B_zps

EEB1E243-B7F4-41DD-A9CF-E869453026B1_zps

F6BA1C32-F9BD-4A19-A027-E45EE318DAD4_zps

62AC9A82-D534-413E-AC55-AFDE80C45D51_zps

524FC17F-3C88-43BC-8CC6-EF01D9689FF1_zps

• Member Contributer

Lovely bike!

Isn't it amazing that Honda can make their painted parts so amazingly durable, yet the powdercoating on the forks, wheels and peg mounts falls to pieces so easily? My 99 VFR forks were just the same as yours, the silver wheels on mine had held up pretty well. My 1997 VTR1000 is just the same.

post-22267-0-44089800-1440389174.jpg

• Member Contributer

About damn time!

Both your return and getting the Proper Gen. :beer:

Was talking about you a bit ago when I met up with CornerCarver and another friend at the Robbinsville Microtel for a weekend ride. I tried playing the video if the rides from the weekend I met you and Baileyrock for the first time, but it wouldn't play for some reason.

Anyway, glad to see you back and I can't wait to see what you have in store for the BEST 800.

• Member Contributer

Welcome back dude.... I still remember your modded 4th gen with the F4i body on it. :beer:

I remember that - very cool! Did it have a 6th gen tail on it?

Hey Doug... remember the header and Wilbers shock and jet kit you sold me?

Here's what I did with them.

IMG_5917_zpsvfihsjnd.jpg

Ahem, build thread please..!

Also, FotoMoto, is that a regular ZG screen or single bubble or double?

• Member Contributer

Lovely bike!

Isn't it amazing that Honda can make their painted parts so amazingly durable, yet the powdercoating on the forks, wheels and peg mounts falls to pieces so easily?

Yeah, I'm going to address those concerns first thing. It looks like the bike spent some time up north driving on salted roads or something. Sigh.

76FC90D9-4CF6-4F51-802C-67CE54763DC9_zps

So are you putting superbike bars on it?

LOL, yeah I'm thinking about it. Got a bar laying around somewhere......

PS we like pics of Speed Triples too... Pretty please?

Sure thing. Here's my first '06 that I made more sport-tourer like with the addition of an FZ1000 upper, gixxer forks, sargent seat, lower pegs, and numerous other bits.

IMG_0053-1.jpg

Currently have an older '98 that sat for years after a minor accident. Got it all freshly painted only to discover the tank had a leak and the fresh clear coat was only gas resistant not gas proof. ARRRGHHH!!! I've got another FZ upper that I also want to try on it too.

39139E9B-B305-4D65-8A3B-EE6AA72E7239_zps

About damn time!

. I tried playing the video if the rides from the weekend I met you and Baileyrock for the first time, but it wouldn't play for some reason.

Good times for sure! Baileyrock? Wasn't that the guy we were always having to pull over and wait on? :goofy:

Picture366.jpg

Welcome back dude.... I still remember your modded 4th gen with the F4i body on it. :beer:

LOL, not me. That was someone else. I didn't really care for the F4i look and went with a newer 05 CBR600RR body.

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

I remember that - very cool! Did it have a 6th gen tail on it?

Yup, I pioneered that mod and see it has even been used on the 5th Gen. Very cool.

Hey Doug... remember the header and Wilbers shock and jet kit you sold me?

Here's what I did with them.

AWESOME Seb! Man I hated parting with that header as one in that good of condition was/is so rare but the bike fund needed replenishing. Glad to see it got put to good use. :beer:

THANKS everyone, glad to be back on a V4. This is number 8 for me in the VF/VFR series!

Hi Foto. Welcome back. I'm trying to remember what I bought from you many years ago....Penske? PC? Dunno, but it was sumpin' kinda expensive. Your new VFR looks like a great find. Incidentally, my forks looked exactly like that from front tire sandblasting on Florida coastal roads. The bike had never seen salt. I painted 'em semi-gloss black when I did the RaceTech internals.

I've left the VFR fold, too. Sold my yellow bike to a member here after 40K great miles, and he's digging it. Bought a new Duc Multi in April (damn nice), and still have the beloved RC.

I put 2200 miles on a rented Tiger in Utah. Loved that little engine, bike was comfy and did great for a purely "touring" type of trip. I became a Triumph fan!

• Member Contributer

Welcome back Doug! If you would make a run up here to my house I have a 4 1/2" angle grinder we can use to get rid of that unsightly Texas looking decal thingy! :wink: Great looking 5th gen even if it's the slower "red" color!

Archived