Fotomoto Is Back In The (Vfr) House!

FotoMoto

• Member Contributer

Bikes body and paint look really good compared to my battle scarred 98. But even with it's faded paint, scratched cracked dinged pitted body work and 120,000 on the clock she still rocks my world. I know you will really be happy with it. I just picked up a 2009 FZ1 and am a big fan of the Speed Triple as well. Love that FZ fairing on the Triple. They are bitchen bad boy bikes. I am not a nice person on my FZ LOL. Welcome back to the gentlemans sportbike club.

Look s like a nice bike! Welcome back to VFRD! NOw all you need is a SOlo Rack - of which I have 26 sitting in my garage..............................

• Member Contributer

Hi Foto. Welcome back. I'm trying to remember what I bought from you many years ago....Penske? Incidentally, my forks looked exactly like that from front tire sandblasting on Florida coastal roads. The bike had never seen salt.

Mmm, probably the 954 Penske I had. Great shock. Yeah, the front end definitely has a sandblasted look to it but there's little corrosion anywhere else.

Welcome back Doug! If you would make a run up here to my house I have a 4 1/2" angle grinder we can use to get rid of that unsightly Texas looking decal thingy!

NO WAY! Those have boosted it by at least 20HP! :goofy:

Bikes body and paint look really good compared to my battle scarred 98.

I didn't state it in the OP but I put about 12 man hours into the bodywork before deeming it fit for pics. Rubbing compound, polishing compound, scratch remover and two coats of wax on each panel and a double effort on the tank as it had a several cat like scratches in the clear coat. I got most of them out or greatly reduced but I think I'm going to have to resort to wet sanding. :mad:

Look s like a nice bike! Welcome back to VFRD! NOw all you need is a SOlo Rack - of which I have 26 sitting in my garage..............................

Well I guess I've been gone too long :schla15: to know what a solo rack is. :wacko:

• Member Contributer

Incidentally, my forks looked exactly like that from front tire sandblasting on Florida coastal roads. The bike had never seen salt. I painted 'em semi-gloss black when I did the RaceTech internals.

Spent the holiday weekend cleaning, sanding, prepping and painting the fork lowers with Rustoleum hammered silver, cleaning and polishing the rotors, and plasti-dipping the wheels black. Just a short term solution until I can get them powder coated but still a big improvement in the mean time.

Before:

P1480615_zpshus1hxbl.jpg

After:

61154FD1-7A17-41FF-AB2E-1C852DCA0047_zps

7C7316E9-5064-4897-AA90-7CA475756833_zps

Also sourced a rear seat cowl via me-pay:

6E58647C-0953-4944-982F-21847CEC7317_zps

More stuff coming in the post! :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Sounds like you had a proper holiday! Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

That bike is looking very nice now!! Do I see you on GM-Volt.com occasionally too?

• Member Contributer

That bike is looking very nice now!! Do I see you on GM-Volt.com occasionally too?

Yup, still there but sold the Volt a while back for a CMax; needed more room for the kiddo's.

Got some more done this weekend.

Added a used PC3 and installed PC software and maps on an old PC laptop (mac user) to update the PC3 that came with a stock map. Currently running the remus pipe map with my delkevic CF highmount pipe; probably too rich (didn't need choke but it's still summer here) but I have the others to play with.

2A2E8872-7946-41C8-A752-713F6F398DEA_zps

Found some used OEM 2K mirrors to de-condom my 99. What can I say, I prefer unsheathed! :goofy:

C0BFC3D0-16A5-49B2-AEFF-E62BC8A0D64B_zps

The last owner had a new OEM stator and R/R installed so to give them an easier life I got new battery tender jr.; a previous Black & Decker unit had stopped working.

4C4967E3-20F6-4039-B557-4C3C5E459DB7_zps

• Member Contributer

Hey there...just one question,i'd be interested to know which bike you prefer riding,and how the vfr compares to the speed trip :cool:

Oh that's easy, I prefer riding the VFR. LOL I'm laughing because that's a trick answer: my current red 98 speedy isn't in running condition due to procrastination. My previous black '06 was a very nice ride indeed but as you can see I made extensive modifications to make it as capable as the VFR is right out of the box. I really like the speedy's better low end kick but overall I prefer the VFR's total package. I'm picking nits here as both are great and fun bikes. I live in a location of long straights and high speed sweepers so an unfaired bike is at an disadvantage.

Cheers.

Thanks thats interesting,i must say that i've owned zx11,busa b/bird,and i sometimes miss the low down grunt,but as you say its the overall package,it handles far better than them three and thats far important to me than top speed,or even the low down torque.

Archived