Viffercrab's Chinese Fairings Build Thread

VifferCrab

I'm not sure about your case from China, but for me I've ordered things from Australia, Canada, and Germany in the past, and there is no tracking at all that I could get. Even sending items from US to Canada, the tracking stops at the US border, and picks up again when it's delivered, which is of very little use when I was trying to see if a pkg was lost or not after many many weeks of no updates. By the time it says DELIVERED, I KNOW where it is, jack-asses.

I'm betting China is the same way. Do you know who they are using to send it?

I'm betting yours went to Customs in that country. All bets are off on when it leaves there, I think...

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viffer-

If you have read my other thread you will know that I hit some animal dung on the road and went down at about 35mph. The damage was pretty minor and limited to the plastics on the bike. After reading your thread and seeing the positive responses I decided to order my replacement plastic from Auctmarts. I made the order last Friday (18th) and recently sent them a question about shipping and they stated:

dearcustomer:
due to it is an expensive item and we must need more time to pack it, and also we have the inspection procedure before ship out, therefore take a little period to process it,
also we stored all the item in different location, that is the customer order and we arrange the fairing from the storage, and it must take time to do it,
and If you need the set urgent and I will hurry the process for you!
This response came less than an hour later so they are still responding to messages. I am going to assume my plastics and yours are getting stuffed onto the same boat and they are probably waiting to save on shipping. Just a guess of course, but they are still up and operating.
Hopefully this helps!

I actually read that thread this afternoon. That's a crazy story, especially how it all ended.

Everything from this company has met or exceeded my expectations, to this point. But looking at the wording of the email they sent you, I think you're probably right, they got another order in so they're holding on to mine until yours gets painted, boxed etc... I will say, I've seen photos of the packaging they arrive in, and it looked impressive, to say the least. So, I've given them some latitude on getting it out to me, especially since they were very accommodating with all of my changes.

Hopefully I have it in my hands in a week or two. Appreciate the info... What set did you get, by the way?

• Member Contributer

Been following this thread carefully. About to pull the trigger on a set of NC30 fairings painted in RC30 colours. Been quoted £280 ($425) for a set. Hope all goes well for you Viffer.

Viffer-

I just went with the replacement Red. I had a black bike previous (which is a GREAT black) but the Red they used for the VFR is just to glorious not to have.

I am just trying to relax and accept that I traded money for time on these. With riding season in central Wisconsin winding down I am not too worried about it anyway. The bike is completely ok to ride (rode it to work today in fact) and nobody has even noticed the damage somehow. This gives me an excuse to tear the bike down and detail everything up. I am looking forward to getting the plastics and getting a good coat of wax on there though!

Great thread by the way, I appreciate all your input. I am thinking about starting a companion piece to yours actually =)

I just went with the replacement Red. I had a black bike previous (which is a GREAT black) but the Red they used for the VFR is just to glorious not to have.

I'm looking at a red set as well, so I may wait for you to get yours before I order mine... If you do start up another thread can you post some pics / a review when you get 'em (or PM 'em)? I'm in no rush to order, though - once winter rolls in up here in the great white North it'll be ages until I can get the bike out again...

I contacted them about the tank cover, but before I order I still want to see pics of an installed one as they said:

"We do offer tank cover for VFR800 02-12 which is 99USD extra, but the fitment of the tank cover is not perfect as it is just an extra cover to cover the actual gas tank. Fairing kit is injection molded, but the tank cover is compression molded."

I also asked about the shade of red they use - as Honda had Italian Red (R157) on the 2002+, and Winning Red (R258) on the 2005. I previously had an '05, but I kinda prefer the deeper red on the '03. Their reply was:

"We didn't follow specific paint code, but you can send us paint chip for color match."

So it's kinda a gamble what shade it's gonna be - though from their pics I think it's quite a light shade, so probably closer to the '05.

Anyhoo, good luck with your order. :smile2:

And I'm rooting for you too, VifferCrab. Can't wait to see the end result of your project! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I learned a little trick on international shipment tracking from China, although I forget where. The tracking on the international website does seem to stop once it leaves the other country. However, I found that you can generally enter the same tracking number on the USPS website, and tracking continues. This has only been helpful (as far as I know) for smaller packages. I am not sure if USPS will deliver your fairings or not. Anyways, it is worth a shot to put the tracking number in the USPS website once the other website says it left the other country.

• Member Contributer

Once it goes into the Chinese system the number can track at USPS, After it leaves mainland china you will be info dead until it hits ISC on the east or west coast. ISC mean you are just waiting to clear customs and USPS will then take over.

I'm looking at a red set as well, so I may wait for you to get yours before I order mine... If you do start up another thread can you post some pics / a review when you get 'em (or PM 'em)? I'm in no rush to order, though - once winter rolls in up here in the great white North it'll be ages until I can get the bike out again...

I contacted them about the tank cover, but before I order I still want to see pics of an installed one as they said:

"We do offer tank cover for VFR800 02-12 which is 99USD extra, but the fitment of the tank cover is not perfect as it is just an extra cover to cover the actual gas tank. Fairing kit is injection molded, but the tank cover is compression molded."

I also asked about the shade of red they use - as Honda had Italian Red (R157) on the 2002+, and Winning Red (R258) on the 2005. I previously had an '05, but I kinda prefer the deeper red on the '03. Their reply was:

"We didn't follow specific paint code, but you can send us paint chip for color match."

So it's kinda a gamble what shade it's gonna be - though from their pics I think it's quite a light shade, so probably closer to the '05.

And I'm rooting for you too, VifferCrab. Can't wait to see the end result of your project! :fing02:

I will post up pictures when I get the plastics, I promise!

Viffer-

I will be interested to see if I get any update now as well.

<snip>

I will post up pictures when I get the plastics, I promise!

Thank you, sir! :wheel::fing02:

As of this morning, still no tracking number. So, this afternoon from the office, I sent them another email, this one had a bit of tone to it.

I get home this afternoon and two big boxes are sitting in my living room.

They're here! I'll unbox it tonight and take inventory.

dce2af454528ae2e02fed9a5fbcf7015.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

"I get home this afternoon and two big boxes are sitting in my living room."

Thats your living room?

Whats in your garage?

So, everything is safe and accounted for. No damage on any of the pieces, and the paint job, I'd say is a 9.5/10. They sprayed the inside of the front fairings black, as requested, albeit not the entire inside of it. The white gloss looks great, the matte black looks great, and the pinstriping looks to be well done too. You have to really be trying to pick it apart to find blemishes. Windscreen, bolt kit and heat shielding all there, and what appears to be instructions. The bolting sections all appear to be in the right spot with nothing that sets them apart from OEM. True test is when I go to put it all together of course. I guess I'll do a little bit over the next few evenings or so.

I welcome any tips/tricks from anyone that has done a full fairing breakdown on one of these.... I'm all ears.

BEF1AA0D-36B6-44CF-A514-03B641E40B6A_zps

954F2803-6E48-4AA2-A237-5ECBA9771843_zps

4DA9E4FD-784C-4754-AF08-4671248C49C4_zps

1B04CB52-33B6-4150-8B28-DA39A1BE500D_zps

60231F91-91B3-4BA9-B72B-AFFAF3A52CC8_zps

F080CF0B-DD6F-4EEB-83CC-C655C1C61EE3_zps

A7E7CD9D-0C3A-488D-903D-8A69B74D9D61_zps

76007EB0-44D7-40CB-8829-19B8CA8D07F8_zps

F20D172D-93C9-4042-A33D-E808E9FBD9B4_zps

9B3E2A68-51A0-4750-B82F-A2C048A442A5_zps

29B03EE2-BD0A-4078-AC56-8319892FACBD_zps

FF7DF115-D265-4F2C-9309-52FAC9CB98B3_zps

4320B86A-B0FD-4CD8-847E-4D29A063FBC5_zps

61501214-3858-4250-B5B9-7BD46CA49E48_zps

17C99E37-77B4-4AE9-881D-D87FE730A9DB_zps

09ED057F-D7F9-4A62-B327-A2FF68887F4A_zps

159FED37-5789-4A14-9EEB-0FA27D5B3C57_zps

How was it shipped?

You got a lot of schtuff for $400. That tank cover is just a plastic cover that bolts over your existing tank, huh? Never heard of/seen those before. Interesting.

If you ONLY wanted a few pieces (say side panels) and only OEM colors (no "special paint" like you got), do they sell them separately like that? You went thru Ebay...right? Or was it a website with options?

• Member Contributer

I will be very interested in your experience with the tank cover. Much the way pickup bed liners rub back and forth and scuff the paint on the bed, will the cover do that to the tank underneath? If one has a pristine tank, maybe buy a not-so-nice one, either with a few dents or scuffs and use it instead . . . ? Overall it looks great - it's going to look killer when it's finished!

:lurk:

• Member Contributer

I will be very interested in your experience with the tank cover. Much the way pickup bed liners rub back and forth and scuff the paint on the bed, will the cover do that to the tank underneath? If one has a pristine tank, maybe buy a not-so-nice one, either with a few dents or scuffs and use it instead . . . ? Overall it looks great - it's going to look killer when it's finished!

:lurk:

I'm thinking about using some of that clear thin plastic tank protector film material if I order a set. My tank is already scratched, but not so bad that I'd want it totally ruined.

Tail section done. Swapped over the tail lens and rear clips. Opened two holes just a tiny bit with a drill. Checked all wiring, no problems. Rear cowl even works with my Sargent seat. I won't be using the cowl, just wanted to see if it fits.

The bolt kit they provided was black. I wanted to do something different (shocker) so I ordered a red bolt kit from ProBolt that got here last week. Looks kinda goofy now against all that red, but when it's all done, should look killer.

e6e4ae65966db3d6b9595f4fd0b3017b.jpg8358129c7b19def59608b3bc01732b2b.jpg83377df9b08e4ebef9a6be030bc8beab.jpg41a036aaa9557ffdae771581866b0abf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived