Viffercrab's Chinese Fairings Build Thread

VifferCrab

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I saw that one - almost thought to buy it for a spare until I saw the dent. It's probably pretty easy to pull it out and metal finish for a re-paint. It's been on there a while - maybe toss 'em an offer and see what happens.

• Member Contributer

I saw that one - almost thought to buy it for a spare until I saw the dent. It's probably pretty easy to pull it out and metal finish for a re-paint. It's been on there a while - maybe toss 'em an offer and see what happens.

Good idea .

I don't understand why these companies try to sell tank covers that cannot possibly be installed or fit correctly. Especially when they lose money on every sale due to returns/refunds. And what a waste of a nice paint job. Hope you get it all sorted....

A couple have asked, and I've accidentally glossed over it. No, they never shared tips/tricks for install of the cover. After it broke, all I was interested in was the refund, so I didn't pursue install tips after that. And with the 24/48 hour email standard, I wanted to put my refund of the tank cover before anything else.

The tank cover isn't a deal breaker for many people. Remember, this kit wasn't offered with a cover. I asked them to make me one. I think they know it's not a great solution, but they're also not in the business of turning down money.

Maybe they could've given me a heads up on the difference in quality between their fairing kit and the add-on cover that I purchased, sure.

I don't want to get hung up on the bad fitment of the cover here though. The quality of their fairings is much better than other companies in years past. They're a solid 9/10. Those that are looking for a show bike, or Meecum vehicle, aren't the same people that are budget shopping a set of $400 fairings. Those who were scared or nervous about buying replacement fairings from China, we now have a solid solution for a great price.

The tank cover, while a bummer, shouldn't be a show stopper. Auctmarts is satisfying my request of a full refund of the tank cover. So, can't ask for much more than that. It works out great for me actually, because now I have an exact replica of what I want the painter to do to my metal tank. That's a win.

For those reading along that are putting the tank cover at the top of the checklist, the search continues for you. For those that want an inexpensive replacement fairing solution, at near-OEM quality, plunk down the $399 and have no fear.

YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Any read from them whether they can match OEM colors? For example, if someone tipped their bike on its side and needs a replacement panel, can they provide a good match for the color (maybe give them the Honda color code)? My guess is 'probably not', but thought I'd ask.

Any read from them whether they can match OEM colors? For example, if someone tipped their bike on its side and needs a replacement panel, can they provide a good match for the color (maybe give them the Honda color code)? My guess is 'probably not', but thought I'd ask.

I emailed them to ask about matching specific model-year colors (specifically could I get the 2003 Italian red - color code R157 - instead of 2005 Winning red - R258) and their response was that they don't follow specific paint codes for their colors, but if you send them a paint chip they can color match to it. I guess they use one of those scanner/mixer setups like they have in Home Depot... :smile:

So if you have a spare OEM paint chip handy (or can get it from a dealer or catalog) and physically mail it to them, you're good to go. If they are using a scanner setup then I'm not sure you'd get a good match by sending anything electronic that they'd have to print out first, so a physical paint sample seems to be the best way to guarantee the match.

The red stripes on my fairings are VERY close to the color of my tank. You'd be hard pressed to notice the difference. Could be because there's so much white between the red pieces though. If it were an all red kit, I wonder how close it would look next to the tank....

• Member Contributer

I just ordered a front fairing only from them with the headlight and turn signal holes filled in. We'll see how that turns out.

As someone that ordered a red set for my 2003 I was told that their red should be very close to the red on my bike. I ordered mine two weeks ago so I think they should be here soon. I will post up pics when they do show up with comparison to my old plastics.

Viffer's experience with the quality has really heightened my anticipation, and I am looking forward to getting mine quite a bit now.

I also ordered a pair of their levers. Not because I needed new ones, but because I am interested to see the quality of these versus some of the much more expensive brands.

As someone that ordered a red set for my 2003 I was told that their red should be very close to the red on my bike. I ordered mine two weeks ago so I think they should be here soon. I will post up pics when they do show up with comparison to my old plastics.

Viffer's experience with the quality has really heightened my anticipation, and I am looking forward to getting mine quite a bit now.

Sweet! With what Viffer said as well, it sounds like it'll be real close. I'm looking forward to you getting yours quite a bit, too. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Working with the seller to find a reasonable outcome for the tank cover. I'll keep my comments to myself; until I get to test their customer service protocols, but other than the cover, most everything buttoned up as OEM plastics would. Taking one of these naked, then back to full dress, isn't for everyone, no doubt

That said, the most work I've done on a motorcycle before this, consisted of air filter changes and scooping up chicks and tossing them in the backseat during beach week in high school.

You seem reasonable and understanding. Points to you!

The bike looks terrific and they will sell MANY sets to people like me and Polarbear.

Lol.

Darn mind reader...

• Member Contributer

I just ordered a front fairing only from them with the headlight and turn signal holes filled in. We'll see how that turns out.

What model? 5th or 6th gen? I'm curious about this option too... keep us posted.

• Member Contributer

What model? 5th or 6th gen? I'm curious about this option too... keep us posted.

PS: What was the pricing for the racetrack style front fairing?

Refund for tank cover completed this morning, back to my Paypal account.

They've done everything they said they'd do. Even going to send me "Honda" "Interceptor" and the tank wing decals, for good measure. Just in case I want to add them in the future.

I'll gladly purchase from them in the future, and refer anyone who asks me my opinion.

Good job, Auctmarts.

• Member Contributer

Good price ^^ ..

I sent the money last week, but haven't received an order confirmation yet. Hopefully they come through.

• Member Contributer

Refund for tank cover completed this morning, back to my Paypal account.

They've done everything they said they'd do. Even going to send me "Honda" "Interceptor" and the tank wing decals, for good measure. Just in case I want to add them in the future.

I'll gladly purchase from them in the future, and refer anyone who asks me my opinion.

Good job, Auctmarts.

That's awesome! If they had possession of anniversary color samples, I'd buy me a slightly used tank here and get the plastic from Auctmarts. I wouldn't have a black frame or wheels without a lot of extra effort and/or expense, but I'd be close.

I wrote and asked them prices on left and right fairing side panels for my RWB 07.

They wrote back and asked me "What parts do you need? Please send a photo."

I wrote back and repeated "The left and right side panels/fairings, like I said before."

They wrote back and said "How about a whole kit? They are only $399."

UGH. Forget it. THIS is precisely why I hate doing business with Chinese companies: LOST IN TRANSLATION. I would much rather you just say on your site "We do not understand English." It would save everyone the trouble of assuming you do, esp. when you say you do, and I could just find another company to send my money to instead.

AUCTMARTS: if you are indeed reading this, HIRE SOMEONE TO ANSWER YOUR EMAIL WHO HAS A COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND CAN SPEAK/READ/WRITE IT FLUENTLY. It is now costing you money!

• Member Contributer

I've had equally amusing dialogues with the folks at Service Honda and they (presumably?) are all American, or at least based here in the USA. LOL.

Be patient. When I'm in Korea I try to remember that I'm the one with the language impediment. :)

I took two laps around Retard Park with them thru clearly written emails. They failed both times. The fault is not mine. Remember, I didn't assume they could understand English: they made that fact known on their website.

• Member Contributer

I took two laps around Retard Park with them thru clearly written emails. They failed both times. The fault is not mine. Remember, I didn't assume they could understand English: they made that fact known on their website.

Retard park?

So... how well do you speak Chinese?

• Member Contributer

Retard park?

So... how well do you speak Chinese?

You guys crack me up !!

Archived