Viffercrab's Chinese Fairings Build Thread

VifferCrab

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why you are getting excited. I am too and ready to see final product. That color scheme is going to look extra slick. Makes me think something similar in the greys, maroons and blacks would be a cool look too. Keep updates coming.

• Member Contributer

Do you know if the company you ordered from is able to blank the headlight, taillight, and turn signal openings? Nobody makes track fairings for the VFR, but if it's possible to order them custom through these guys, I'll be all over that.

sales@auctmarts.com

I'm pretty sure they can do grab handles, not sure about the other bits... that seems like a completely different mold but shoot them an email. 24-36 hour reply time...

I emailed auctmarts and they said they can fill the headlight and other holes. They Said it was an Extra $100 per set.

I had the white wheel and white fender on red bike look for a while. It Looked great, but I couldn't keep up with keeping it clean, because I'm lazy lol.

429f98508f36517f00d54f3326e99782.jpg

So then I did black wheel and carbon fender.

ff0ae1e606a2e01a09dc7aba0bbfb609.jpg

Where did you get the carbon fender?

I have an R1 front end. R1 carbon fenders are a dime a dozen on ebay.

Wheels.

4af934a4ab5020999c85e32f255863ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD!!!!!

Hey is that a sargent seat? is it heavier than factory?

Thank you, sir. Looks better than I expected, on solid red.

Yup, that was the first thing I did, I think. No clue if it's heavier, but it's worth it's weight in gold, for me. It's a lot more comfy for my ASSets.

grips and ends...

Looks kinda silly against the red fairings, but should pop nicely against the white.

c8f5017e537e93272fbd054981c70f6f.jpg

ab55ba3abdb5c92978dd9d57c0a6b0fd.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wheels.

DAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD!!!!!

Hey is that a sargent seat? is it heavier than factory?

i think most of the aftermarket seats are heavier due the denser foams and gels that some use... my Saddleman kit I installed on the Y2K felt heavier but I never threw it on a scale. I'll do it next time I have it off for a data point.

Hey, quick question guys....

Shop did new front and rear sprockets, along with chain. Since then, speedo is jacked! Registers zero... up until about 30 mph than goes bat-shit crazy bouncing around all over the place then kinda settles down a bit around 50 mph +. I'm guessing speed sensor of some sort, but having exactly zero working knowledge of this particular bike... is the sensor involved... or at least near the front sprocket on this dune buggy? They also were responsible for removing front and rear wheel for powder coat, so maybe the speedo sensor it at one of those two places? Where do I look first?

I've informed them of it, and they'll take it back to fix, but I'd like to give it a shot first on my own, with help from the membership here.

T.I.A.
Ahhhh, it just dawned on me that I never posted pics of the new chain.... Not exciting, but here it goes... Black with gold inners...

Gonna change sprocket bolts to red, I think.... Hell, I dunno anymore.. so many irons in the fire, I can't keep track.

9958aa9aaceead09434eb0aa7337c5e3.jpg

And again, if the updates are just too damn much, let me know. I'll take my foot off the throttle...

• Member Contributer

The speedo sensor has a plastic coupling that engages with the sprocket nut. If the sprocket cover was removed and reinstalled without lining the coupling and sprocket up (by rotating the back wheel as needed) then when everything is snugged tight the sprocket nut can damage the coupling and give erratic contact. Undo the two bolts holding the speedo sensor on and pull it off to inspect the coupling. The shaft should not stick right through into the socket end, if it does it is damaged and needs to be replaced, good news is they are less than $10 and common across a lot of Hondas.

Seb..... Shhhhhhhhhh! ;)

Previous owner sucked so I decided to rip it all apart and clean mo better this morning while the wife and kids are away. Need to check that speedo sensor anyway...

01637bd033708aca72ec72a151fbcd09.jpgd0fe87828bf1cd25c5b8c5815ca586f8.jpg

• Member Contributer

DuPont teflon chain lube dries clear. It will help keep your wheels white and your gold/black chain gold and black.

• Member Contributer

good looking bike! Reminds me of the '90 (or '91? can never remember) VFR 750 red with white wheels.

Get yourself a little kerosene or diesel fuel, use that and a dollar store brush to remove that horrible white lithium grease. If you don't, the grease will get everywhere.

WD40 cuts through the old spooge really well too.

Yep, I've already learned that the hard way, Seb. Much of it has flung all over the place, but I do need to get the rest of that crap off before the new fairings come in. That said, I did some WORK this morning...

4a8c18b4e4ed43cb18f52e61bd917636.jpg

And so begins the saga of the dirty white wheel lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I won't be able to actually DRIVE this motorcycle when it's done. That's just crazy talk.

Ended up just running out and grabbed some kerosene. Gotta say, without a doubt, that's the way to go when cleaning. Took the wheel off again, and scrubbed everything down with kerosene. Looked good before, looks great now.

f2e4f5db01be49ef769249f6ce41929d.jpg30df074c6d5e3eb94957192c8b331576.jpg

That is a lot of wheel weights

If you think the grease makes a mess wait until you have to clean brake dust off the White front wheel after a wet ride I used to really hate that job when I had white wheels

Archived