Viffercrab's Chinese Fairings Build Thread

VifferCrab

• Member Contributer

I have a full set of injection molded Chinese bodywork at my house right now. So far everything looks identical to factory. Have a tank cover also, paint and finish on it is not as good as the rest.

Will report back with progress.

That figures. My fairings are in excellent shape but the tank has some scratches on it. I'd want to change colors anyway, so I'd need the whole works.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auctmarts replied this evening. They acknowledge payment, but have yet to acknowledge my custom paint request...

This is an option as well. They have a US based office in Florida and they will also do custom work, be it paint, graphics or the fairings themselves, i.e. I want to eventually convert my bike to a single side exhaust and they will work with me to make the rear cowl on enclosed piece, instead of having the big openings where the exhaust used to be. I just need to remove my exhaust and send them pics and they will figure out the rest.

http://shop.absfairings.com/

I paid $200 less than this kit... FYI.

• Member Contributer

The airco in the Florida office has to run too.... :-)

I have a full set of injection molded Chinese bodywork at my house right now. So far everything looks identical to factory. Have a tank cover also, paint and finish on it is not as good as the rest.

Will report back with progress.

That figures. My fairings are in excellent shape but the tank has some scratches on it. I'd want to change colors anyway, so I'd need the whole works.

I bought this kit mostly because on the tank cover, but it also includes Every trim piece as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291326361088?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I haven't unpacked every piece, but looking at the upper cowl it looks exactly like factory. I'll try to post some pics this weekend if possible.

I'm trying to finish another bike first before mounting the fairings on this one which maybe a week or so. I will post fit and finish comments and pics.

Took less then 30 days to receive them as well.

BR

Auctmarts replied this evening. They acknowledge payment, but have yet to acknowledge my custom paint request...

This is an option as well. They have a US based office in Florida and they will also do custom work, be it paint, graphics or the fairings themselves, i.e. I want to eventually convert my bike to a single side exhaust and they will work with me to make the rear cowl on enclosed piece, instead of having the big openings where the exhaust used to be. I just need to remove my exhaust and send them pics and they will figure out the rest.

I paid $200 less than this kit... FYI.

True, but they use factory specs and are a simple phone call away if you have problems and you have a team of people there to help make sure everything is good. I must have missed the link. Got one for me?

OK, found the link via Google:http://gundamhost.com/auctmarts/shop/index.php?cPath=118_252_253&osCsid=11f8d849dd576fd75cfd98e6df70dd3c

8/8/15

They've acknowledged my tank cover request and I've sent the payment for that. $480 shipped for full kit plus bolt kit, smoked windscreen, rear cowl, and heat shielding, all gratis. I'll be sending paint schema, once again, this afternoon. Remember, it's smart to only ask for one thing per email. But they always reply. Always.

Anyway here's a gratuitous pic of wifey in front of lake yesterday and then on the ferry crossing the Potomac up in northwest Maryland .. I'll toss those in sporadically.

157ac7118d9e02490c6a2b59e0638626.jpg

8b10e9d22119efb6d386f8589a95a87e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. I just started the ordering process. Gonna be a month or so I'd guess before I have hands on the kit. White, black, with red accents.

Darn, too bad they don't make anything for 5th gen.

8/10/15 - Auctmarts acknowledges again that I'm paid in full, and they emailed one more time to be 100% certain on paint scheme. Fingers crossed...

Now, in the meantime, I need to find someone to paint my wheels.

Do you know if the company you ordered from is able to blank the headlight, taillight, and turn signal openings? Nobody makes track fairings for the VFR, but if it's possible to order them custom through these guys, I'll be all over that.

Do you know if the company you ordered from is able to blank the headlight, taillight, and turn signal openings? Nobody makes track fairings for the VFR, but if it's possible to order them custom through these guys, I'll be all over that.

sales@auctmarts.com

I'm pretty sure they can do grab handles, not sure about the other bits... that seems like a completely different mold but shoot them an email. 24-36 hour reply time...

Www.absfairings.com can do it for you, or really anything custom, they can even fill and smooth the tail cowling if you went with a single side exhaust. The race fairings are an additional $99 to have the taillight and headlight holes filled,sanded, etc. Give them a call at 540 324 7464, each time I've called them, they they pick up and answer my questions. I don't know about the other place linked above.

http://shop.absfairings.com/motorcycle_fairings/race-fairings

8/11/2105 - Sent email to Auctmarts yesterday stating that I'm very sensitive to possible overspray on inside of front fairings. Since the VFR has a pretty open front, I'd really hate to see any overspray in there. They replied quickly asking if I'd just prefer the inside of the fairing be painted as well. Yes, please.

Outstanding communication and reaction to my customization requests so far.

OK here are some shots on my Chinese Injection molded body work. I took shots of the most critical item (upper fairing) as it has the most mounting points.

I have to say it looks Factory! The paint is not as nice as the last set I got though but looks good enough.

The test will be fitment, but don't expect any issues. The last none -injection molded kit took 8 hrs to mod & mount! :wacko:

post-301-0-51862700-1439425423.jpg

post-301-0-81518400-1439425430.jpg

post-301-0-37726200-1439425437.jpg

post-301-0-41542600-1439425444.jpg

post-301-0-19727100-1439425455.jpg

post-301-0-83878400-1439425459.jpg

BR

There are many companies that do make 5th gen kits. :beer:

There are many companies that do make 5th gen kits. :beer:

The Company from the OP does. I contacted them as their site lists one color and they will do whatever color/scene/etc, just watching for updates.

Okay, I gotta say, I'm getting more and more excited. Here's my final pic to them, with the caveat that there be no overspray on forward facing fairings and stripe between all white and black parts be red, along with all lettering and logos.

4f866e434e13aaa8e981c89ee6a1968c.jpg

Archived