Jump to content

Recommended Posts

130 mile round trip to see my 78 year old Dad on Fsthers Day. Stops in Elkhart Lake zipping past Road America, and at Sheboygan’s Lake Michigan marina. Also had some new custom key tags made thanks to my neighbor. $12 each but I love them! 

6FC425F9-A724-4365-9CC4-2EB56D0DC7D7.jpeg

0D3A0D8A-7610-45CE-833E-FCA3127DFBED.jpeg

2D0A9AD2-455C-4956-AB6A-8993DA5A6BCD.jpeg

C92E0F8A-27F9-470B-8552-CB348FB0BD79.jpeg

C5EBD7D5-33AF-4F9E-A3C9-B555F4EC36F2.jpeg

AF8DB082-DFFB-4ED3-A265-9B9341BF736B.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was finally able to capture the Pearl White beauty of my 2014...in one of the most beautiful areas in the Country, Sedona Arizona.  

I chose no scenic spot at all. I just had to play with my camera and some flashes when the bike was parked in the garage during winter hibernation. New wallpaper for the computer. Yey!

2018 8th gen black beauty 😎

Posted Images

  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Goldcrown44 said:

  Someone should start collecting the best of the best VFR landscape photos and put a calendar together... maybe sales

proceeds could go towards the VFRD website expenses. 

We used to have that every year.   IIRC the last year it was produced was 2014.  The member that published them dropped off the site about 4 years ago.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cogswell said:

We used to have that every year.   IIRC the last year it was produced was 2014.  The member that published them dropped off the site about 4 years ago.  

Do you recall how much was being charged for them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer
On 6/19/2020 at 10:23 AM, Goldcrown44 said:

 

I was headed to the PNW meet-up in Nelson, BC. The Noxon Reservoir is in far western Montana. The camp ground is on the west side, somewhere between Thompson Falls and Noxon, MT. My memory is quite foggie about exactly where but it may be the Marten Creek Campground. The campground had no fees or people. Montana highway 200 is on the east side of the reservoir. There is a bridge across the res from the closest local town to the south east of the campground.

 

Another view:

 

CampgroundonNoxonResevior.JPG

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

I was headed to the PNW meet-up in Nelson, BC. The Noxon Reservoir is in far western Montana. The camp ground is on the west side, somewhere between Thompson Falls and Noxon, MT. My memory is quite foggie about exactly where but it may be the Marten Creek Campground. The campground had no fees or people. Montana highway 200 is on the east side of the reservoir. There is a bridge across the res from the closest local town to the south east of the campground.

 

Another view:

 

 

 

Mabye this was it:  https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/kootenai/recreation/recarea/?recid=66051&actid=43

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Goldcrown44 said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the one. The "goat trail" going north led eventually directly into the town of Noxon. Although I thought I could see a bridge across the reservoir just a little way south of where I camped. But I've found my TBI'd brain is not always reliable. While I made it to Noxon on my fifth gen, the trail really calls for an adventure style mc. 

 

Y'all have been warned. (hehe)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer
On 6/21/2020 at 10:07 PM, Goldcrown44 said:

130 mile round trip to see my 78 year old Dad on Fsthers Day. Stops in Elkhart Lake zipping past Road America, and at Sheboygan’s Lake Michigan marina. Also had some new custom key tags made thanks to my neighbor. $12 each but I love them! 

6FC425F9-A724-4365-9CC4-2EB56D0DC7D7.jpeg

0D3A0D8A-7610-45CE-833E-FCA3127DFBED.jpeg

2D0A9AD2-455C-4956-AB6A-8993DA5A6BCD.jpeg

C92E0F8A-27F9-470B-8552-CB348FB0BD79.jpeg

C5EBD7D5-33AF-4F9E-A3C9-B555F4EC36F2.jpeg

AF8DB082-DFFB-4ED3-A265-9B9341BF736B.jpeg

Speaking of key fobs here is my version. I'd be interested in having your friend make a better version of this one. Would he be willing to do that?

IMG_0894.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer

Bellisima!!!

 

 

(am so happy we never got a full lockdown here in the Netherlands.......)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer
On 6/28/2020 at 7:54 AM, andrearonin said:

First road trip after lockdown, central Italy, Gran Sasso

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

9.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

 

I love the bright highlights on your luggage. Great for conspicuity.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Sparkie said:

IMG_20200703_195948166.jpg

IMG_20200703_182429325.jpg

IMG_20200703_182111210_HDR.jpg

Love the photos, especially the second one. Really shows the size of the drag line bucket. I may have to rethink the top box after how good it looks in these photos.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Philois1984 said:

Love the photos, especially the second one. Really shows the size of the drag line bucket. I may have to rethink the top box after how good it looks in these photos.

Thanks!  That's Big Muskies bucket, in central Ohio.  

Photo43677.jpg

1200px-Big_Muskie_-_Side_View.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
14 hours ago, stevenhawks87 said:

2014 base just rolled over 10k

101617305_3658844790809020_3603678634532929536_n.jpg

oooooH. Look at that stunning SS clear cluch cover!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
34 minutes ago, fatshoutybloke said:

Cruising the shires yesterday with the Honda Owners Club. Bike's not looking bad for six years old and 46,000 miles.

 

 

Barely run in then! :goofy: :beer:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
2 hours ago, lazyeye said:

I escaped the gloom of the valley and went to the coast.

 

Nice photo Lazyeye. No doubt a great run to check out the new fuel pump. No fueling up in ghost towns from now on, reliable food sources only for the VFR! 

Cheers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.