Picture Thread

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
On 7/3/2019 at 11:54 PM, Sparkie said:

0703192104.jpg

A splash of color amongst the mundane! Nice. 

• Member Contributer
27 minutes ago, MaxSwell said:

A splash of color amongst the mundane! Nice. 

And performance  . . . :wink:

• Member Contributer

Nice looking tarmac.....European money? :wink::fing02::beer:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 8/4/2019 at 1:01 PM, mack86 said:

Taken during a pit stop on a trip to Lacrosse WI from the twin cities.

IMG_20190804_125608.jpg

Highway 61?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, MaxSwell said:

Highway 61?

US 61 is a road I use to get from Minneapolis to one of my favorite near-by twisties: MN 60 west from US61 at Wabasha. It's twistyest at it's eastern end. I usually ride it to US 52 then head back north to The Cities.

Along the way, south of Hastings, going south from US 61 is County Road 7 (turn right just before the church) leading through Welch and past Welch Village Ski Area. Although it's only a vew miles long until it meets MN 19 (where I head east back to US 61) it is the closest thing to The Dragon, US 129, we have in the area.

Now I've gone and let the cat out of the bag. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

US 61 is a road I use to get from Minneapolis to one of my favorite near-by twisties: MN 60 west from US61 at Wabasha. It's twistyest at it's eastern end. I usually ride it to US 52 then head back north to The Cities.

Along the way, south of Hastings, going south from US 61 is County Road 7 (turn right just before the church) leading through Welch and past Welch Village Ski Area. Although it's only a vew miles long until it meets MN 19 (where I head east back to US 61) it is the closest thing to The Dragon, US 129, we have in the area.

Now I've gone and let the cat out of the bag. :ph34r:

I promise to only use this information for good.

I swear! 😁

**Crosses fingers** 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hwy 140 in Nevada near the Oregon border. Whole lot of nobody out there. My dad and I met in Fields, Oregon for a cheeseburger at Fields Station. Part of a thousand mile weekend mini tour for me.

large.IMG_6015.JPG.a84600aa5e7e7effbb38ce772973cd79.JPG

• Member Contributer

Lawrence of Vee Phoria with custom bike builders Shelby and Sukhee...
8204563036_a54fa1a534_o.jpg

Monster Energy Girls Cannery Row Laguna Seca
gallery_3131_5511_28885.jpg

Missed me...
275924291_06ce8ee0c2.jpg

Got me...

288884845_caf5487bfc_b.jpg

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, lazyeye said:

Hwy 140 in Nevada near the Oregon border. Whole lot of nobody out there. My dad and I met in Fields, Oregon for a cheeseburger at Fields Station. Part of a thousand mile weekend mini tour for me.

large.IMG_6015.JPG.a84600aa5e7e7effbb38ce772973cd79.JPG

This looks like a perfect place to try for A Personal Landspeed Record.

I found a similar situation while returning east from a Yosmite campsite. By observing when I first saw a set of headlights heading my way I'd note my mileage and, when we passed each other, note my mileage again. Then I'd halve that distance to get an approximate distance to the horizon. Repetition showed the horizon was about 16 miles away. Given that I could see any LEO or other vehicle  long before there would be a threat, I started my attempt. I got to a certain speed, which I'd never reveal in a public forum, when a quartering headwind started to cause some slight shaking of my machine. That's when I noted my PLSR. (I figured that my fully-loaded hard bags had created enough windage to make that all the higher my speed could safely be. But it was high enough to satisfy.) YMMV. :wheel:

57 minutes ago, MaxSwell said:

This looks like a perfect place to try for A Personal Landspeed Record.

Not afraid of drones (measuring your speed from far away, well beyond sight) ? I heard this can happen in the States (= being caught for speeding by means of drones), or isn't this all that probable ?

• Member Contributer

280KMH (on GPS not tacho) on German Authobahn; a section that is STILL has no limitation.  More and more section are.... 😞

The RWB in the back stays just shy of 200KMH...

IMG_0168.thumb.JPG.0f1b4335977bf366cfe139c1d20ff7e7.JPG

19 hours ago, BusyLittleShop said:

Monster Energy Girls Cannery Row Laguna Seca

If that was me I'd be worried those girls would be laughing about that creepy old man. 😄

I don't know how you do it, but carry on.

• Member Contributer
On 8/19/2019 at 8:04 PM, sudolea said:

Not afraid of drones (measuring your speed from far away, well beyond sight) ? I heard this can happen in the States (= being caught for speeding by means of drones), or isn't this all that probable ?

I don’t know about drones but CHP use spotter planes and paint marks on the freeway then radio it down to patrol cars who issue the ticket 

• Member Contributer
On 8/23/2019 at 2:45 PM, Thumbs said:

I don’t know about drones but CHP use spotter planes and paint marks on the freeway then radio it down to patrol cars who issue the ticket 

First let me say I'm sorry for the threat highjack.

My PLSR was done in the middle of nowhere. While it is always possible to be caught from the air, there was so little traffic between Yosemite, CA and Ceder City, UT, especially where I made the run, and the run was of such short duration, I figured the risk was small. For several hundred miles prior to the attempt I'd passed so few cars coming toward me and virtually no traffic in my direction that risk was inconsequential.

And speaking of taking risks, as motorcyclists, we as a group are probably risk takers from the get-go, riding being so much more dangerour than car travel, so it added little increase to the total risk. And I did say YMMV. :ph34r: 

Archived