Best Motogp Season! No Spoiler

choco

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Race direction should have cancelled the start and allowed all the riders in pitlane to reform on the grid... that was one rather dangerous way to start a race. And there was no accounting for qualifying times... first in off the warm up lap, best served.

Bit of a black-hole in the rulebook there.

• Member Contributer
Is pramac Italian for prammen?

:laugh:

I have a couple of busty friends that have held umbrellas for Pramac. Good people there.

They certainly have excellent taste...

• Member Contributer

2015 is looking good !!

15noncbr.jpg

Factory Honda Riders Test 2015 Factory RC213V
"We put in similar times with the new bike to what we did with current model"
Wednesday, July 16, 2014

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/Jul/140716nna.htm

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I am not disappointed with the racing at all this year.

Maybe not the racing but certainly today's coverage...or lack thereof due to technical difficulties...

So we didnt see the last 7 laps...I was rushing to watch it and get ready for work....thought I hit the FF twice and it skipped...so rewound it and it did it again....standing up...end of race.MM

then no audio which was nice hearing nothing but bikes

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

So we didnt see the last 7 laps...I was rushing to watch it and get ready for work....thought I hit the FF twice and it skipped...so rewound it and it did it again....standing up...end of race.MM

then no audio which was nice hearing nothing but bikes

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

+1

I really enjoyed no commentators just the sounds of the bikes... throw in a few self explanatory graphics and ditch Sheehan

Definitely get the MotoGP subscription. The TV coverage went blitz so I booted up the computer and finished the race, interviews, celebrations etc. Also, on MotoGp there is a new feature where you can turn off the commentary and when you do the motor sounds are loud as if you are sitting right on the front row.

It was an exciting start, what blew me away was how empty the stands were. If I recall, Austin had a good turnout, Laguna Seca always had a good turnout, what's up with the fans in Indianapolis?

• Member Contributer

Quote Burgess's Indianapolis insights Aug 10 2014

JB about the Yamaha on the brakes: "If the Honda brakes better
than the Yamaha their engine configuration would have to think about
making a V

JB on pilot Marc: "Turning the bike with the rear wheel in the air did
not seem feasible until Marc came"

Burw7TMIYAAxs97.jpg

• Member Contributer

+1 on the MotoGP subscription, it's coverage is worlds better than anything that Speed Vision ever had! Ever since getting my subscription, I have not watched it on cable/satellite since. The subscription is also more than the current race, they have tons of archived videos of races past and lots of other videos of interviews and little fun videos with the riders, not to mention the Paddock Girl vids. Outside of the videos you also get loads of other "breaking news" about the sport and the riders.

I'll also have to agree, this years racing has been the best I've seen in a long time. Even if the first half of the season had the same person on the 1st place podium, we are witnessing new chapters in the history books people!

• Member Contributer

Yeah! Great racing this season. Where is all the young American talent??? :unsure:

Where is any American talent after November 2014?

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Yeah! Great racing this season. Where is all the young American talent??? :unsure:

Ciao,

Is Nicky Hayden going away too or are you saying he has no talent? :wink:

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

Ouch...

Don't know what was worse, the idiot who didn't know who the riders were and refered to them by number (and uttered "trading fender paint ") or ol marble mouth explaing on how everyone was" cut throat"

best part was when the microphones died.

really crappy

• Member Contributer

Don't know what was worse, the idiot who didn't know who the riders were and refered to them by number (and uttered "trading fender paint ") or ol marble mouth explaing on how everyone was" cut throat"

best part was when the microphones died.

really crappy

I believe the idiot you're referring to is Ralph Sheheen... he has become more and more annoying and I'm now in the same boat as a friend of mine... "I can't stand Ralph Sheheen!"

The should have let Nicky talk more and call the race...

I agree... best part was when the mike's were cut off and you could hear the bikes.... :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

Is Nicky Hayden going away too or are you saying he has no talent? :wink:

He had surgery on his wrist, not racing as of now .

Archived