Best Motogp Season! No Spoiler

choco

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a case of a new tire from Bridgestone designed for high temperature, and the temperature going exactly the opposite after the lights went out. I feel bad for those who suffered because of tire choice, but that's part of racing, your team pretty much needs their own meteorologist nowadays.

:)

Somebody leaking oil ?

No, see my earlier post... It was completely a case of the wrong tire and a sudden drop in ambient (and track) temperature, any of the post race interviews will confirm this.

• Member Contributer

For every whiny rider complaining about a front tire there were an equal amount of riders finishing on said tire.

They all know PI is a killer on tires and they knew before the plane even touched down to get them there.

Experience won this one. 82/108 and counting.

I find myself more and more drawn to Moto3. Never an equipment issue and first trough sixth exchanging positions on every lap. Watch out for Jack Miller in MotoGP, and keep an eye on my projected next superstar Vazquez.

Moto3 Vasquez? That guy will never see MotoGP, he's too old, he's 28 already. I predict he'll never win a championship in any class, 43 starts in Moto3 and he's got one win to his name. Yes, he's 4th in the Moto3 championship this year, but he's 74 points behind Alex Marquez, and 33 points behind Rins for 3rd. He's not a bad rider, but I don't think he's ever going to be a superstar, he strikes me more of the guy who always comes in 2nd or 3rd.

If you mean Maverick Vinales, you might be right, but I don't think he'll have the same luck as MM, starting on a new Suzuki instead of a Honda that has won championships already.

• Member Contributer

Jack Miller won on underpowered machinery. Honda came with the upgrades to try and get Marquez the championship and Miller has struggled ever since. He won PI on pure skill as his bike was outmatched. I think he is going to be damn good and hope he doesn't crash himself to bits learning the MotoGP bike next year. He'll be on an open bike next year but it will have pneumatic valves and no seamless.

Yep and Cal Crutchlow will be his team mate, albeit on a satellite Honda rather than a customer one - so Miller will not be as quick as Crutchlow even after he gets to grips with the bike. However I have little doubt that Miller will be on a prototype in 2016, if not sooner.

They will be an interesting team to watch!

• Member Contributer

5min left in q2....

Bradl remembering the Honda slogan of yore....

Follow the leader :-)

• Member Contributer

5min left in q2....

Bradl remembering the Honda slogan of yore....

Follow the leader :-)

Just don't bury your bike into the back of him...

NASCAR is really effing up my schedule. I don't have a dvr, so the only way I can watch is to have my mom dvr the races and then travel there to watch!

Last 2 races were broacast at midnight and sepang is at 330am!! Argh!!

• Member Contributer

NASCAR is really effing up my schedule. I don't have a dvr, so the only way I can watch is to have my mom dvr the races and then travel there to watch!

Last 2 races were broacast at midnight and sepang is at 330am!! Argh!!

As much as I don't like spending money on motorcycle stuff, :pinocchio: I bit the bullet and bought the MotoGP subscription and have been happy ever since. My issue with the satellite/cable broadcast came up when Speed Vision interrupted a race to give NASCAR updates! NOT a NASCAR race but updates...Are you serious?! Never again, now I just need to worry about having a good internet connection.

Before all that though, I used to have a media PC that had a tuner card in it and I was able to schedule it to record, home made DVR if you will, but then then cable company dropped Speed Vision as a "common" channel (actually the HOA dropped our cable package to somethings less) so then I couldn't use the PC tuner any more. Then I got a satellite dish and put in a video capture card and set the dish to "auto-tune" the channel but sometimes Murphy stepped in and I would miss getting a recording. Much happier with the MotoGP subscription.

As far as 3:30AM, not sure if I would get up that early just for the race, but I used to get up at 5AM for the "standard" Euro race times, as this worked out for me on Sundays. I got to watch the race, had time for breakfast, and to get in an early ride all before most people got out of bed! I would be done with my ride before most riders were even arriving to get theirs started. This race will be like being 20 something again, staying up until 2AM, just need a few drinks and it'll be like old times!

• Member Contributer

Another race where all finishers score points...Good action up front too. Next race should have similar action I imagine.

• Member Contributer

Next season, will be a cracker, Yamaha have now got a bike, that is as good as the Honda, so Yamaha & Honda will start the season on a more equal playing field. Riders, Marques has proven his worth for Honda, but Pedrosa needs to up his game, whether he can, we will have to see, but Yamaha, have two riders that can run at the front from the start of next season in 2015, Marques will not have it all is own way in 2015, it should be a cracker from the word GO. :smile2:

• Member Contributer

I agree that the Yamaha, in terms of performance has caught up to the Honda. Maybe 95% of the Honda which is enough.

The problem is, and has been all season, is that the 213v works better when the tires go off. After Marquez passed Rossi for the lead Valentino stayed right with him, coming up to damn near his exhaust at times. Once the laps got on, Vale could not longer keep up with Marc. Yamaha will need to work on a solution for this, over the winter. Unless they can match pace, at the end of the race, with Honda they will still lose.

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2014/10/27/2014_sepang_sunday_round_up_beating_dooh.html

But with three laps to go, Rossi's tires began to fade, and he could no longer match the blistering pace being set by the Repsol Honda.

The Honda, too, suffers with worn tires, but the difference is that the bike will still turn, Rossi explained. The Yamaha has chatter on the front with a worn tire, making it impossible to keep up with Marquez. It was still a dramatic turnaround for the Italian, after the problems he had during practice. Rossi and his crew had found a small improvement during qualifying, then a bigger improvement during warm up. They had changed the weight distribution, he said, to "make a bike that loves the tires." To do so, they had sacrificed a bit of cornering and agility in direction changes. It had nearly come off, but the improvement fell just three laps short of perfection.

• Member Contributer

I am sure Yamaha are working on the tyre life side of things, when you see how far Yamaha have moved on in the second half of the season, the way the Yamaha exits a corner, is every bit as quick as the Honda now, and on top speed. Yamaha also have 2 riders that are as quick as each other, race pace anyway. Honda's biggest worry, must be if Marquez injures himself, because as I said Pedrosa at the moment is no where near the speed or consistency of Marquez.

Archived