Best Motogp Season! No Spoiler

choco

How in the hell does Lorenzo launch his bike so much better then everyone else ?

Notice how he has both feet on the ground when he launches. Everyone else has one foot down. I think he pushes off with both feet, but also he keeps on the gas deep into the first corner. Pedrosa used to be the best drag racer but Jorge has got the edge on all of them. If Marquez gets better then its going to be even harder to stop him.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Personally, Marquez's luck won't last forever, yes he is a great talent, but some of the moves he is making, are a bit below the knuckle, a big crash is only around the corner, as far as I can see, I just hope he does not take someone out with him.

• Member Contributer

How in the hell does Lorenzo launch his bike so much better then everyone else ?

Notice how he has both feet on the ground when he launches. Everyone else has one foot down. I think he pushes off with both feet, but also he keeps on the gas deep into the first corner. Pedrosa used to be the best drag racer but Jorge has got the edge on all of them. If Marquez gets better then its going to be even harder to stop him.

Could be or a better first gear ratio.

• Member Contributer

Personally, Marquez's luck won't last forever, yes he is a great talent, but some of the moves he is making, are a bit below the knuckle, a big crash is only around the corner, as far as I can see, I just hope he does not take someone out with him.

Agreed. I have seen him save more than a few though. He is an anomaly.

• Member Contributer

If you watch videos of MM from last year, he looks reckless, and has suffered more crashes as far as I counted, but this year he looks much more in control, albeit "on the edge". I also think he is learning better strategy and seems less eager to just gas it and go. But if you ask Jorge, he has a different opinion! (Watched the post race interview and he makes mention of MM's inside corner pass) Kind of sounded like sour grapes, but then again I'm only watching, I'm not on the track experiencing it first hand! I thought the passing was done with the same level of "courtesy" that VR, JL and a few others have done in the past.

Once MM master's the whole shot then I think we'll be watching races within races, the fight for 2nd and 3rd and for mid-pack leader. So far this season he's dominated, not only with his number of wins, but with his number of pole positions and a few track records to boot.

• Member Contributer

Jorge is a hypocrite, always has been. It's OK for him to pull passes like that but if you pull one on him, (the same), then he whines about it in the press conferences. Even Pernat called him a hypocrite after the last race.

Regarding Marquez.....I got to go in the Repsol garage at COTA this year. I used to teach people how to lift and I can tell you that Marquez is ripped. He is more cut up than any other GP rider. Must work out a whole lot. So a bunch of it is talent, but an equal amount is his work ethic. He spends a lot of time in the dirt, on purpose.

Being a huge Rossi fan, Lorenzo being faster always pissed me off. Just could never learn to tolerate him, yet alone to like him much. Marquez on the other hand is just plain likable, and his riding isn't too shabby either...

Still, the best race ever. IMHO, Rossi's 1st race on Yamaha. That was epic...

• Member Contributer

Regarding Marquez.....I got to go in the Repsol garage at COTA this year. I used to teach people how to lift and I can tell you that Marquez is ripped. He is more cut up than any other GP rider. Must work out a whole lot. So a bunch of it is talent, but an equal amount is his work ethic. He spends a lot of time in the dirt, on purpose.

And not a word about his pre-season broken fibula since the first race! I broke the same bone a year ago and I'm still not fully fit. Damned younger buggers...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

A statement from his Honda team said Marquez sustained a "spiral fracture of the distal third of his right fibula.

Fibula_-_anterior_view.png

Took me a year to recover from a compound break of the tibula and fibula.

• Member Contributer

Switchblade,

After looking at your x-ray, it looks as though the compound break of your tibia and fibula have healed, but your.
invisible junk may be a concern

• Member Contributer

Switchblade,

After looking at your x-ray, it looks as though the compound break of your tibia and fibula have healed, but your.

invisible junk may be a concern

Ah no just a pictorial of said parts .

Lot of times people get confused as to which bone is fibual(smaller bone) and the tibula(front larger bone).

Archived