Best Motogp Season! No Spoiler

choco

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedrosa keeps showing top form then manages either to flub up by himself or find bad luck but he's fast; he might be too light to handle the bike with a full tank because he struggles for 1st half of race. Yamahas have improved now will Honda up their technological game. Go MM get the record 13 wins!

• Member Contributer

Karel Abraham is the Dick Trickle of bike racing.

Probably went something like this

KA: Can I race with you guys?

GP: We don't know if you're up to the task.

KA: My dad owns a team and has a race track you can use.

GP: Welcome aboard!

Aww I like Karel... he seems to be the sort of guy who can smile no matter how bad a day he's had.

Of course we'd all be like that if we never had to wonder about where our next meal was coming from...

(but really I do like him, he is fast enough to be there, albeit as a backmarker)

I think you have to remember he's not doing much worse than Nicky (and he did way better than Colin Edwards, who was on a bike Aleix has proved can place), and Nicky was a world champion (though I've never thought he was that great)

17th in the championship isn't great, but there are still a few riders doing much worse. Next year will show whether he's just a rich kid or a racer, since the customer honda should actually be competitive.

Well put. And to add to that - Abraham, Hayden, Laverty, and Miller will all be on more or less the same machinery. So we'll see who is actually a fast guy out of that lot. I'd expect Abraham and Hayden to run closer to the top ten than they have, and Laverty and Miller to be well in the top ten. Hayden may surprise if he is physically 100%, I'm a bit worried about that and would hate to see him retire due to past injuries. It was hard to see Spies and Vermeulen depart for that reason.

I am most interested in seeing how Loris Baz goes on the Forward Yamaha (basically what the Tech3 team will be running), and his team mate Bradl might also go well on the same bike. I've been a Baz fan for a few years now and I think he's just starting to hit his stride as a racer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived