Official TEXASMAC Memorial Ride thread 2010

Aw damn! Glad to hear he's more pis'd than hurt. Goes to show ya painting a bike is like renaming a boat.

BTW, Where do I call the guy, my son is also named Miguel and he lurks the site sometimes, Want to tell him my Miguel wants to show at some gathering and film it all. (he does that for a living).

Hope all goes better, have a few Coronas pronto Migs!

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well, the paint really look like shit up close! :laughing6-hehe:

Man, you're cold!! :beer:

Definitely needs a few more hours of wet sanding now that you mention it.

WOW, click on the homepage and the wreck pops right out at me! :laughing6-hehe:

Miguel, that absolutely blows chunks. I'm so sorry to hear that you had a big off, and after all that effort over the winter.

If you get a reasonable insurance settlement, here's one in Longmont Colorado, only 100 miles away from you for 4 grand with extras:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/59840-5th-gen-for-sale-in-co/

• Member Contributer
Goes to show ya painting a bike is like renaming a boat.

Don't say things like that!!! Now I'm getting paranoid. HS, sorry to hear you got ran off the road, but glad you're alright. Thank god for ATGATT. Everyone else, be careful of vehicles coming into our lanes. It's something you see EVERYDAY riding up here in the mountains.

• Member Contributer

Best wishes HS. Glad to hear that the only real damage was done to the VFR and not you.

OK, we're all going to keep our eyes wide OPEN!

Ride safe everyone!

• Member Contributer

Miguel,

Sorry to hear of your get-off, especially after all the work you put into the updating of your bike. Did the truck stop and acknowledge his part in the accident? Heal quickly and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Member Contributer

It took me at least three visits to understand that the bike was HS's. I thought BR was posting a picture from his previous crash. Then, I realized he crashed on a 6th gen and I was like hey where did I see those white stripes before and then holy cow!!!! HS, I am so glad you're OK, the bike can always be replaced/fixed. Did the truck driver stop to offer help?

That's really bad luck HS I'm sorry. Damn that new paint job didn't half curse your VFR +1.gif

I'm sure you can find a very nice clean 5th gen with the donations here or maybe put it towards a 1200 + the insurance pay out.

Get well soon bud,

• Member Contributer

HS, Sorry for your loss! Lets get you a 1200!

Headed south in 20 minutes tops. I had to shoe horn myself into the leathers. REMINDER TO SELF: Hardees hates small people... LOL

See you trouble makers there!

• Member Contributer

Yoshi and I are in North Roan Rd in Johnson City TN. I threw the driver's side front wheel bearing in the GMC. Smoking brakes and lots of VERY bad noises.

Truck is at a shop now. We'll either be there with the truck & trailer in tow tonight, or arrive with just the bikes and back up here to pick up the truck tomorrow.

Ugh. Un-freaking-believable

-travis

• Member Contributer

It's raining cats and mice 85 miles south of you all. I'm packed up and ready to head out after lunch, but leaving in rain like this will be a battle of willpower.

How are the skies up there?

• Member Contributer

It's drizzling here on 28 just west of Robbinsville. It's a nice rest day after three long days of fun

HS, sorry to hear of your van/off road excursion. Good to hear your OK! Hope you can still enjoy the rest of the journey. Glad that van drivers face didn't start pounding on your fist! :biggrin:

I wish I were hanging out with all of right now, I can't be there in person, but know that I'm out riding this weekend and raising a glass right now, wishing y'all a great time and safe journeys. I'm hoping that "Big Mig" took one for the team on his way in and deterred the nasty crash gods for the weekend - hope you're not still sore and enjoyin every minute!

Lookin forward to the pics and stories as always, can't wait to be a part of them again soon. Cheers fellas!! (and ladies!!!) :bliss: :fing02:

made it home - thanks for a great event!!

only 992 miles this time. 300 short due to the rain. i look forward to Texasmac 2011!

• Member Contributer

Well I'm home and it sure would be nice if the dog sitter had left me my shed key so I can put the bike up!!!

Had a ball this year too!!!

I'm home safe n sound too :cheerleader: Had a great time this weekend!! Great ride on saturday, and a special thanks to Bob (IntAseptor) for leading the ride. Always good times hanging out with this group

Only part that kinda sucked for me was I think I may have got a touch of food poisoning from dinner at Fat Buddies BBQ last night. The food was real good and I felt fine afterwards, but I woke up this morning and it felt like a brick in my stomach. I laid there for an hour or so hoping I would feel better, then got that special feeling that I knew I was about to upchuck. Ran to the bathroom and just made it... threw up 3 times, but man did I ever feel better afterwards. Very strange for me, as I NEVER get sick. Anyone else have any problems with the food sat night??

Other than that, GREAT weekend, had lots of fun and it was great seeing everybody again!! Hope everyone made it home safely :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

I made home safely, but was reading abook at a rest stop and had some weird guy ask me if it was the bible, and then some other weird comments, "blah blah blah, it cans save your life" w/o ever actually asking if have read the bible.

anyway I had a super great time, gonna try for the fall meet this and drag gradus with me.

let the depression begin :cheerleader:

one more funny thing, today my priest roomate (wrestler) got a call saying he was supposed to be saying mass and where was he?

i said after he got off the phone "holy ......"

which he replied "holy sh*t"

Archived