Official TEXASMAC Memorial Ride thread 2010

Tracy,

I didn't get to spend much time riding with you this year while you were on the RC51 but I remember the first fall ride I attneded with you in Robbinsville 2006 and the few times I have riden with you more recently.

You are much improved, a really good rider now, not just a good rider for someone who lives in FL. :goofy:

Keith

+1.gif

The last time I road with Trace was Daytona 09, but Trace and I formed out own group for Sat. Tmac ride and he rode great! :fing02:

Even pushing that twin up my slow azz a few times, great to see it. I remember his first Tmac and shared those now famous words "PLEASE, No more turns, I need to find the nearest hwy" :goofy:

Doing good my friend. :wink:

BR

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the first fall ride I attneded with you in Robbinsville 2006 and the few times I have riden with you more recently. You are much improved, a really good rider now, not just a good rider for someone who lives in FL. :goofy:

Thanks for that. As many of you recall (especially BR, below :mad: ), I was totally freaked out by the extreme twisties AND the long distances of a group ride. It was friggin' exhausting and frightening my first time there in Fall 2006...not a good combination. I swore I'd never go back.... :goofy:

As for being a Floridian yet finally being able to wick it up a wee bit, I have to tell you that it still takes a few hours for THIS flatlander to get my rhythm and mojo working. In fact, that burst of sunshine on Friday afternoon allowed me to take four runs up & back on 28 north up to the little crappy market at the dual lane. Right turns are usually *okayish* with a lot of ON/OFF throttle nonsense at first, but blind lefts are a totatl clumsy mess for an hour or two! :blush:

+1.gif

The last time I road with Trace was Daytona 09, but Trace and I formed out own group for Sat. Tmac ride and he rode great! +1.gif

Even pushing that twin up my slow azz a few times, great to see it. I remember his first Tmac and shared those now famous words "PLEASE, No more turns, I need to find the nearest hwy" :goofy:

You bastid.....you just LOVE to tell that story, don't you? :wink: But I didn't say highway....I specifically said INTERSTATE! :goofy: You'll be happy to know that mq105 Mikey prodded me into telling that embarassing story to a big group of his fellow racers (including Doc Brock) a few weeks ago at a dinner gathering, and they almost wet their pants with laughter. :fing02: My awful skillz are now legendary! :goofy:

But that was a great Saturday ride wid ya, BR. Thanks for letting me tag along. Lots of great roads and mucho mileage. :fing02:

I remember the first fall ride I attneded with you in Robbinsville 2006 and the few times I have riden with you more recently. You are much improved, a really good rider now, not just a good rider for someone who lives in FL. :goofy:

Thanks for that. As many of you recall (especially BR, below +1.gif ), I was totally freaked out by the extreme twisties AND the long distances of a group ride. It was friggin' exhausting and frightening my first time there in Fall 2006...not a good combination. I swore I'd never go back.... :goofy:

As for being a Floridian yet finally being able to wick it up a wee bit, I have to tell you that it still takes a few hours for THIS flatlander to get my rhythm and mojo working. In fact, that burst of sunshine on Friday afternoon allowed me to take four runs up & back on 28 north up to the little crappy market at the dual lane. Right turns are usually *okayish* with a lot of ON/OFF throttle nonsense at first, but blind lefts are a totatl clumsy mess for an hour or two! :mad:

+1.gif

The last time I road with Trace was Daytona 09, but Trace and I formed out own group for Sat. Tmac ride and he rode great! +1.gif

You bastid.....you just LOVE to tell that story, don't you? :wink: But I didn't say highway....I specifically said INTERSTATE! :blush: You'll be happy to know that mq105 Mikey prodded me into telling that embarassing story to a big group of his fellow racers (including Doc Brock) a few weeks ago at a dinner gathering, and they almost wet their pants with laughter. :fing02: My awful skillz are now legendary! :goofy:

But that was a great Saturday ride wid ya, BR. Thanks for letting me tag along. Lots of great roads and mucho mileage. :fing02:

Talk all the smack you want.... I know I was quicker than you in 06, and you blew by me before I even knew you were there this year. (kinda reminded me of the time Yellowwolf scared the crap out of me on the dragon.) While the rest of us get slower and older... you get faster and don't seem to be aging. Must be the pole in your garage.

Well done my friend! :goofy:

Talk all the smack you want.... I know I was quicker than you in 06, and you blew by me before I even knew you were there this year. (kinda reminded me of the time Yellowwolf scared the crap out of me on the dragon.) While the rest of us get slower and older... you get faster and don't seem to be aging. Must be the pole in your garage.

Well, EVERYONE was quicker than me in 06. Heck, I never really rode a motorcycle until I got my 5th Gen in summer 05 when I was 49. (played around with a friend's 900 Kaw in 1980 a few times...too dangerous, didn't like it.)

As for blowing by you this year, you were busy tending to your flock and wasn't looking for or expecting me to be there, so that doesn't count! And in retrospect, I prolly shouldn't have gone diving into your group like Chris Farley into a Jacuzzi. I thought you guys were a very long way ahead of me, and when I saw the Gixxx and another non-VFR at the back of the group, I thought it was just traffic and wanted to get around to enjoy the rest of 28 towards town. Dale just happened to pull off at the right time so BR and I could press on. :fing02:

And yeah, Yellowwolf went around me that first time I rode the Dragon like I had square wheels. Got me all spooked and antsy.....as if I needed anything more to worry about. Crikey! :blink:

Must be the pole in your garage.

Hahahahaa...that's pretty funny, that right there! :biggrin:

But you have no proof that there's really a stripper pole in my garage. It wasn't me.

DaytoAmelia054.jpg

Archived