Official TEXASMAC Memorial Ride thread 2010

• Member Contributer

Save and sound, assume Dale is too. So many to thank,...You guys rock!!!

I'll warn you guys, again to stay away from the candy bars, by the sink. They're just awful.

100_0673.jpg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrived home safe & sound at 1:30 am. Why so late? I played in the twisties on the way to I-77N! :beer: Took 64E but missed a turn at Highlands and ended up on a very cool backroad, complete with 10 mph hairpins and a scary gravel section, but it's all good. Rode 40+ mi. on the BRP plus some other good roads, including a few tight ones. Got 300 mi. in before I had to take slab the rest of the way. Over 1800 for the 5-day weekend. :dry:

The riding was great, the weather was mostly good and of course what makes this event so awesome is hanging out with all you crazy people. :fing02: Can't wait 'til next year, and I may even make the '10 fall meet depending on dates and weather.

• Member Contributer

Methinks everyone needs to put their real first name at their sig line!!

Michelle

Jeremey, Keith, and I are all home safe (although we split up about an hour outside of Atlanta... Keith sent a text.) I wanted to thank each one of you for making TMAC a safe and fantastic event again this year! It is all of you that make this one of the most anticipated events of the year. Only 363 days until TMAC11 :) I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Thanks to all my close friends for tolerating me again this year... As for the new folks, you will get used to my special kind of stupid :)

BTW, I don't recommend trying to ride with 2300mg of Ibuprofen in you while on an empty stomach. I am pretty sure that's what messed me up on Thursday ;)

Guess we can't do the sign next year... or maybe if we put it back before we go to bed? Hmmmm.....

• Member Contributer

Brian Turner -the BMW F800GS. Home safe. Just a little damp... scattered showers on the way back. No big deal - 700 miles of interstate.

I road a few miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway two years ago on the way to TexasMac and loved it! This year I traveled down the Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway to complete the tour END TO END that I started planning in 2008. The detours are gone except the "rockslide area" south of Asheville - but the route they have for going around is just as good as the BRP - 276 north of Brevard was fantastic.

Friday and Saturdays were going to be "rest days" - yea right?

The BMW rolled over 10,000 miles since Memorial Day Weekend last year, 2500 miles for the weekend and those Michelin dual sport tires seem work great. The nice fella riding in front of me put his boot out every time there was dirt and gravel in the road so I'd know where to go to get the tires dirty...

Thank You to everyone who made this special event happen.

What a great weekend!

• Member Contributer

Made it home safe sometime around midnight. PA, NY, and CT conspired to do roadwork on the same night and reduce everything down to 1 lane for half the ride home. And I'm sure it didn't help that some dumb*** put out a sign that said right lane closed, only to find that the two left lanes were :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Home. 1387 miles.

Destroying evidence.

I miss Ida Mae.

Evidence? What evidence?

Made it home at 10:28pm after having left Franklin at 6:38am.

Made it home to find this...

What the f was going on?

Thank you BR and HS. This group is awesome, and I'm glad to finally put faces to screen-names, and some names to screen-names ;)

post-1632-127470692221_thumb.jpg

I was able to meet a few of you at my house.

I even got to join in on a lunch ride to Tellico Plains. Great bunch of guys.

I mounted a few 2CTs for some of you.

Patched a right radiator for one of you.

Check out my site when visiting the area:

www.RideWNC.com

Don't forget, I can take care of your tires.

HS and I made it back to my place safely and we got his bike on my lift some we can start to mess with it, most likely a strip job.

Had a great time and weather was pretty damn good overall, rode 320 Friday and 345 Sat. all good! :laugh:

How many people have we gotten for buying HS that 1200 VFR ?

• Member Contributer

As Will has already stated, I am home safe and sound (well, as sound as I was when I left).

I too would like to thank BaileyRock but, in a very touching presentation (Kevin was touching himself) I was presented the STFU award at the Parking Lot Banquet on Saturday so I can only say that as I was politically manuevering my new BFF (Timmy - feel like we were seperated at birth, kinda like Danny Devito and Arnold in Twins but we are both Devito-esque with the real Arnolds brain) into an introduction with Pope MIguelHS the 1st, Timmy kneeled to kiss the ring and the Pope had offered a ringless (though well manicured for someone who had spent so much time painting a bent bike) hand...panick.

So Timmy just smacked his azz crossed his arms and said "Good Game Pope."

For those of you from the area it may make more sense to read this post by leaving out the parenthetical statements the first few times...or have a drink from Chevs water bottle...

So much to say and so depressed about being back at my desk. I will try to forward all of my memories to Melvis for a write up of the event so anyone with pix and video just send 'em all to me. Unless anyone snapped a pic of me going down on lane 9 at the bowling alley. Just burn the film. If it is digital, smash your phone with a hammer.

edit: I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS. :laugh: hi will.

• Member Contributer

As Will has already stated, I am home safe and sound (well, as sound as I was when I left).

I too wsould like to thank BaileyRock but, in a very touching presentation (Kevin was touching himself) I was presented the STFU award at the Parking Lot Banquet on Saturday so I can only say that as I was politically manuevering my new BFF (Timmy - feel like we were seperated at birth, kinda like Danny Devito and Arnold in Twins but we are both Devito-esque with the real Arnolds brain) into an introduction with Pope MIguelHS the 1st, Timmy kneeled to kiss the ring and the Pope had offered a ringless (though well manicured for someone who had spent so much time painting a bent bike) hand...panick.

So Timmy just smacked his azz crossed his arms and said "Good Game Pope."

For those of you from the area it may make more sense to read this post by leaving out the parenthetical statements the first few times...or have a drink from Chevs water bottle...

So much to say and so depressed about being back at my desk. I will try to forward all of my memories to Melvis for a write up of the event so anyone with pix and video just send 'em all to me. Unless anyone snapped a pic of me going down on lane 9 at the bowling alley. Just burn the film. If it is digital, smash your phone with a hammer.

edit: I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS. :laugh: hi will.

Keith,

Were you there this year?? You were so quiet I couldn't find you. You have to get over that shyness!!

Got home at around 2:30 yesterday afternoon. A few days of insanity always helps the soul. :biggrin:

Had to read though all these posts on here that I missed while being at T-Mac from Tue thru Sun. I made it back ok (50 miles to the gallon on the nose, this was just on the slab,filled then ran the speed limit when my last fuel bar came on(but not the flashing red)I was right at the filling station so pulled in and put 4 gallons in right at 200 miles... Gotta love these bikes!!!

I thank we really need to get HS that 1200 for all the time he puts in to keep us happy... I wouldn't even have a life where I live(nothing but Harley riders around here)if it wasn't for you guys,and girls.

Also thanks to Earthshake, and Oyama for sharing my room with me.

Thanks to all of you at T-Mac for a great time, until next year.

• Member Contributer

Sitting at work... Again...

But what a great couple of day this has been.

Great company, great weather and great roads. Not sure if I could ask for anything more.

Thank you all for making this happen!

Lost one of the shocks on my truck about 2 hours away from my home. No biggy. That didn't slow us down. All and all an easy drive. Audio books helped too.

Can't wait to see y'all next year.

P.S.

I knew Keith and Timmy would hit it off. They will have very talented offspring. :laughing6-hehe:

Methinks everyone needs to put their real first name at their sig line!!

Michelle

But what if you are reserved and private?

Love,

Timothy Owen Steffes

Sergeant, Metropolitan Police Department

Washington, DC

Fifth District, PSA 501

Badge Number s-0521

Yep, as Riv said, we made it back to my house in really good time. 600 miles in about 9 1/2 hours. I was thrilled with that. Last pit stop was about 6 minutes, no lie. Unloaded my bike at my house and then head another 50 up to his house to drop his bike and the trailer.

Just to :laughing6-hehe:, thank you to everyone. As always I had a great time hanging out and riding with old friends and meeting new ones. Just the piece of sanity I needed. Ironic, huh? I find sanity in that completely insane setting! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

I made home safely, but was reading abook at a rest stop and had some weird guy ask me if it was the bible, and then some other weird comments, "blah blah blah, it cans save your life" w/o ever actually asking if have read the bible.

anyway I had a super great time, gonna try for the fall meet this and drag gradus with me.

let the depression begin :laughing6-hehe:

one more funny thing, today my priest roomate (wrestler) got a call saying he was supposed to be saying mass and where was he?

i said after he got off the phone "holy ......"

which he replied "holy sh*t"

Thanks for the roof over my head, Pervis, but did you have to put my s%%t in the street?!! :fing02: It was a great time. You were a fun roomate. :cheerleader: Let's do this again. Beers on me next time :warranty:

• Member Contributer

Thanks Kevin for a great event this year. It sure was good to see you arrive on the iron pony. You da man :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Even though I didn't arrive to Saturday night, it was a great time as usual. I got there just in time to enjoy some drinks and meet some new people and see some familar people.. Had a great ride with Trace, Jon and Matt Sunday during the day. Kevin thank you for organizing everything. Glad to hear people are making it back home. Hope to see everyone at the Fall meet.

• Member Contributer

Well, I made it home safely. Just in time for the "MotoMonday" track day at MAM (Mid America Motorplex for those who don't know)

After hitting the gap on the newly suspended VFR, my CBR's suspension feels like crap. Either need to get it some new suspenders, or start using the VFR on the track instead.

FYI - I FINALLY rode the Duc tonight. Now that I have had a chance to ride it, anyone else who wants to give it a try is more than welcome to:-)

Thanks again all!

-Matt

Well, I made it home safely. Just in time for the "MotoMonday" track day at MAM (Mid America Motorplex for those who don't know)

After hitting the gap on the newly suspended VFR, my CBR's suspension feels like crap. Either need to get it some new suspenders, or start using the VFR on the track instead.

FYI - I FINALLY rode the Duc tonight. Now that I have had a chance to ride it, anyone else who wants to give it a try is more than welcome to:-)

Thanks again all!

-Matt

Nice to offer... Just bring it to the next T-Mac.... :beatdeadhorse:

• Member Contributer

just made a "home" margarita. what a let-down......when is that fall meet?

Ahhhhahaha! That's just what I came in here to post! We all need to get together more than once a year!

• Member Contributer

I made it home about an hour ago. I already miss you guys. Nicole is right, we need to do more of these things!

• Member Contributer

3600+ miles.....9 days......panama, ne to franklin, nc and back.....one great riding adventure! fing02.gif

thanks for the memories!

Archived