Jump to content

Age check in


Recommended Posts

  • Member Contributer
1 minute ago, tomb393 said:

Did someone say two stroke Suzuki??

Nothing like the smell of two stroke on a cold misty morning! Almost like a legal drug!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
9 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

 

Did someone say two stroke Suzuki??

 

15 years old, working the deep fat fryer at the KFC Hadley MA, got me the $800 to purchase my first new motorcycle! 

 

Put 46 miles on the odometer in the parking lot where my dad lived (photo) prior to passing my learner's permit test.

 

IMG_5558.thumb.JPG.80c84c357f496f2d63ad104a68ab72f1.JPG

 

 

Hey teacher - call on me - I know the answer . . . ! LOL   1972 TS250 . . .   Dang I wanted one of those - but couldn't afford it (and my father hated the idea).  Ended up with a TC90 instead.  Beat the tar out it - poor thing.  It's probably been recycled in to a KIA or something by now.   1972 was the peak year for the styling on those - IMO the tank paint scheme that year was the best they did.  Love those bikes! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
21 minutes ago, Wald said:

Nothing like the smell of two stroke on a cold misty morning! Almost like a legal drug!

 

Women want to smell like perfume . . . guys want to smell like 2 stroke exhaust!!  :laugh:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

Women want to smell like perfume . . . guys want to smell like 2 stroke exhaust!!  :laugh:

Unfortunately or Fortunately, depending on the point of view, this is quite true!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love the photo of @slo1 on the Suzuki, because it reminds me I don't need fancy hard luggage, cruise control, or pretty much anything else to tour on my naked bike.  Just strap your stuff down and go.  And check it once in a while to make sure everything is still there.  😉 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
On 2/8/2022 at 1:43 AM, Wald said:

Hey Dutchy,

Thanks, unfortunately,  the Akra video is labeled private and not available

Ah shoot, they updated their policy.... let me fix that...

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Cogswell said:

 

Hey teacher - call on me - I know the answer . . . ! LOL   1972 TS250 . . .   Dang I wanted one of those - but couldn't afford it (and my father hated the idea).  Ended up with a TC90 instead.  Beat the tar out it - poor thing.  It's probably been recycled in to a KIA or something by now.   1972 was the peak year for the styling on those - IMO the tank paint scheme that year was the best they did.  Love those bikes! 

 

Bingo! 1972 TS250.

 

I agree that it was a peak year for styling, but of course I doubt my objectivity due to many fond memories.

 

The smell of real two stroke exhaust (i.e., Castrol not leaf blower) can snap my head around fast enough to cause spinal damage! All those small bore dirt bikes when I was a kid (can you say Hodaka-powered mini-bike?), followed by road racing TZ250's and TZ750's, and the 500cc gp rockets, have imprinted that smell on my neurons. There's an RD350 in my town that I smell coming before I see it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Ah shoot, they updated their policy.... let me fix that...

 

 

 

Thanks! THIS IS REAL MUSIC!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

This thread appears to have veered slightly off topic, but I wanted to say how inspiring it is to read that some of our lot are still riding into their 70s.  Good on ya!  :fing02:

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
9 hours ago, TimC said:

I love the photo of @slo1 on the Suzuki, because it reminds me I don't need fancy hard luggage, cruise control, or pretty much anything else to tour on my naked bike.  Just strap your stuff down and go.  And check it once in a while to make sure everything is still there.  😉 

 

Yep, just load and go..... 40 years later, better bike, better luggage, but same principal....

 

1068204649_Biketrip2016(131).thumb.JPG.d935e98e1be9d19f8947e1564cf8ff93.JPG

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
4 hours ago, slo1 said:

 

Yep, just load and go..... 40 years later, better bike, better luggage, but same principal....

 

30 yrs later...from this

gs500_10.JPG.2430f50f2c98ed652de3f5628ae21aa5.JPG

to this

1782453727_20220110_163458(Large).thumb.jpg.d13e7f3d6300a62ee0fa234b9aee97c8.jpg

 

Keep riding!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

The GS500E(S) is a superb do anything you ask platform. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

I'll be 74 in May 2022. Feeling like I'm twenty years older. Arrg!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm 45 years old. Plan to ride as long as I can. 

 

First bike in 1999, a 91 CBR600F2.

 

image.thumb.png.21e4f64144c4f27bef5c8966933152b4.png

 

 

First VFR, a 2001 bought new in 2001:

image.thumb.png.81950a5660247695485635be1eb8270c.png

 

 

Current VFR, another 2001 set up like the first one:

image.thumb.png.c2e71e99dfe4a423bfb1a0d690edd3e5.png

 

Cheers,

Justin

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, MaxSwell said:

I'll be 74 in May 2022. Feeling like I'm twenty years older. Arrg!

Hope you're keeping well MaxSwell. Ride more, that will keep you feeling twenty years younger!

All the best to you buddy. Safe riding.

Cheers.:fing02:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

CB-1? Let's see it! I'm on #7, set up for...anything paved. A few changes since these pics, like moving that silly trunk forward!

 

IMG_5107sm.thumb.jpg.f2e7b03b385a7e0cb3d0cfc7262f0826.jpg

 

20210130_143032.thumb.jpg.821dc3939f50fd42cbd4a2f24c32e3ea.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

home-made ingenuity with those brackets, so awesome!!  👍

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

One day when I am less lazy, they will be black. lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
27 minutes ago, bmart said:

One day when I am less lazy, they will be black. lol

Looks like you could use one of these, lol!SmartSelect_20220212-084337_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0f811ac3958e1995599b8f03e4333896.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wald said:

Looks like you could use one of these, lol!SmartSelect_20220212-084337_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0f811ac3958e1995599b8f03e4333896.jpg

 

This reminds me of a coworker's favorite quote: "Ladies, if a man says he'll get it done he'll get it done. There's no need to remind him every 6 months about it."  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CB-1? Let's see it! I'm on #7

 

I wish I could show you a few pics of the CB1 and others but they are all asleep in the barn and it is -20 out

It has been a long winter here but you have given me the idea to get the herd out and take some pictures before they are gone someday

Not very many CB1's were ever sold here, not even sure they were sold for two model  years, mine is a 1989 serial# *****038

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.