Jump to content

New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA


sfdownhill

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, sfdownhill said:

 

Hi Cornpo. There is not a formal list for another round of headers, but don't write it off. There are about 5 people interested in headers, and that's taken 6-8 months to gather. The minimum order is 15 units, so it's possible that - over a fair amount of time - we'll be able to put together an order.

 

Thanks for the update sfdownhill, count me in as a for-sure interested party. I hope I will still want to keep my VFR by the time we reach 15 dedicated buyers, haha. If money and space were no object, I would keep it forever.

 

So far it's a lovely bike. It would be even more lovely with a new exhaust and Rapidbike Racing module!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 12:50 AM, sfdownhill said:

 

Hip hip hooray for hoarded parts! Let us pay tribute to our racks and stacks of parts...they'll all be put to porper use in good time.

 

Seb, yes there are maps for 5 gen [PC3, can be converted to PCV], 6 gen [PCV], and 8 gen [PCV]. Paypal $50 to vfrheaders@gmail.com and let us know which map you'd like.

 

I have a PC3 on my 6th gen now, and I'm installing an 8th gen header.

 

I am more recently considering going the Rapid Bike Racing route as it will be of more benefit if/when I strap the Torocharger on... will be in touch if I need a map, thank you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2021 at 9:53 PM, sfdownhill said:

 

Hi Cornpo. There is not a formal list for another round of headers, but don't write it off. There are about 5 people interested in headers, and that's taken 6-8 months to gather. The minimum order is 15 units, so it's possible that - over a fair amount of time - we'll be able to put together an order.

Shouldn't there be an official list with phone numbers/email addresses? I stop in here once in a while to see what the status is and I always see someone posting interest in another run. I missed the last run. I don't want to miss another one. With as many people as I've seen express interest, I'd have thought we'd be closer to ten now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
32 minutes ago, Ziffer said:

Shouldn't there be an official list with phone numbers/email addresses? I stop in here once in a while to see what the status is and I always see someone posting interest in another run. I missed the last run. I don't want to miss another one. With as many people as I've seen express interest, I'd have thought we'd be closer to ten now.

 

Hey guys - sorry for not being present on this thread for a while. Duc2V4 and I have been struggling with our VFRs and not getting around to checking here. His 108k mile 6 gen was using a lot of coolant, so he decided to put a 5 gen engine into the 6 gen chassis - cool beans. My 5 gen hadn't run for 2 years [Bad motorcycle owner...bad], and when I finally got it running and out to the track, it quit after a lap and a half. I'm about to start a thread on the intermittent electrical problem. Note: intermittent is the most loathed word in all the troubleshooting universe. We'll probably be able to be back here after mid-April.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 12:37 AM, sfdownhill said:

 

Hey guys - sorry for not being present on this thread for a while. Duc2V4 and I have been struggling with our VFRs and not getting around to checking here. His 108k mile 6 gen was using a lot of coolant, so he decided to put a 5 gen engine into the 6 gen chassis - cool beans. My 5 gen hadn't run for 2 years [Bad motorcycle owner...bad], and when I finally got it running and out to the track, it quit after a lap and a half. I'm about to start a thread on the intermittent electrical problem. Note: intermittent is the most loathed word in all the troubleshooting universe. We'll probably be able to be back here after mid-April.

You can put me down for one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

FWIW, I should also be ready to participate in the next round (if there's a next round...) 🤞

 

Ciao,

 

JZH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Me too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
On 6/6/2022 at 8:17 AM, SEBSPEED said:

I think I need another 8G style header. I'm not in any rush, just voicing interest for future consideration. 

 

 

+1

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, since no one else has done it, I think I will start the "Official VFRD Header List (round 2)."

 

If you want to be on the list for a group-buy of VFRD Headers, please send your:

1. Name

2. VFRD Username

3. VFR Year

4. Email address

5.  Phone Number

to zzinter@gmail.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a count of just the people in this discussion on the last two pages, and we're up to 12 just from that. There should be another three around here somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Users who have expressed interest on the last two pages of this thread (including myself):

  1. Ziffer

  2. Skids

  3. DivisibleRex

  4. CornPoweredV4

  5. JZH

  6. vfrcapn

  7. RC51Nick

  8. jkboyd

  9. MikeOConner

  10. PearlBlueSoul

  11. SEBSPEED

  12. Oregonian

Just need three more to get to 15.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going back four pages in this thread (and about a year), here's the updated list of interested parties (including myself):

  1. Ziffer

  2. Skids

  3. DivisibleRex

  4. CornPoweredV4

  5. JZH

  6. vfrcapn

  7. RC51Nick

  8. jkboyd

  9. MikeOConner

  10. PearlBlueSoul

  11. SEBSPEED

  12. Oregonian

  13. Blessingshawn

  14. zinsern

  15. Duste

  16. Flya750

So, we've exceeded the magical 15 in just the last four pages. And there is probably more interest out there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Are they better than the Delkevic? What is the cost? How much extra tuning is needed to make them work well? Might be interested!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
3 hours ago, VFR78 said:

Are they better than the Delkevic? What is the cost? How much extra tuning is needed to make them work well? Might be interested!


All you need to look at is the merge collector and how the cylinder merges are arranged. Delkevic are a garbage header. 
 

Tuning would be beneficial, but, not necessary. 
 

Polished VFRD header, if you didn’t see it earlier in the thread. Still looks as good, today. 

 

 

D50F24BC-EB87-491B-97B7-C4E81BB6630E.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Thanks Ducnut. I had noticed the dodgy merge, but getting the VFRD headers all the way to OZ, at an unknown cost and timeframe, had me looking at the Delkevic. 
 

The full Delkevic system, muffler included, is only about $550 USD on “Fleabay” in Oz. I guess that all the Delkevic does is remove the cat, without considering a tuned layout.

 

Maybe best just to stick to OEM with Arrow slip on. Its lasted 74,000km,so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the updated list going back four pages in this thread (and about a year):

  1. Ziffer

  2. Skids

  3. DivisibleRex

  4. CornPoweredV4

  5. JZH

  6. vfrcapn

  7. RC51Nick

  8. jkboyd

  9. MikeOConner

  10. PearlBlueSoul

  11. SEBSPEED

  12. Oregonian

  13. Blessingshawn

  14. zinsern

  15. Duste

  16. Flya750

  17. davidkohli

Up to 17 now...anyone else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Delkevic I had them do not bother.   Tuning maps are available for $50  For 6th gen I recommend Rapid Bike due to ignition timing.  Really wakes up the bike.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
On 7/28/2022 at 12:39 PM, Ziffer said:

Going back four pages in this thread (and about a year), here's the updated list of interested parties (including myself):

  1. Ziffer

  2. Skids

  3. DivisibleRex

  4. CornPoweredV4

  5. JZH

  6. vfrcapn

  7. RC51Nick

  8. jkboyd

  9. MikeOConner

  10. PearlBlueSoul

  11. SEBSPEED

  12. Oregonian

  13. Blessingshawn

  14. zinsern

  15. Duste

  16. Flya750

So, we've exceeded the magical 15 in just the last four pages. And there is probably more interest out there.

 

Aloha everyone! It has been more than a minute since Duc2V4 and I have been present here. We apologize for our extended hiatus, but have both been absorbed by and focused on significant life changes, both to geographic location and professional situations, but are happy to be back on VFRD and the header project.

 

Lo and behold - Ziffer has taken up the cause and compiled a real world list of VFR folks who want headers. Thank you a metric ton Ziffer for going back more than a year and compiling this list!

 

When Duc2V4 pinged me to point out this level of interest, it seemed that service to the community was definitely warranted, so we checked with Wade to see if he is still up for building VFR headers. Here is where the real world runs headlong into our objective of beginning a new production run of headers: next week Wade is going in for surgery to his right hand because over the past year he has been suffering from increasing pain and numbness in both of his hands, to the degree that he hasn't been able to work the past couple months. We all hope the surgery is successful and will stay in touch with him to learn if and when he might be able to go back to work building exhaust systems.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.