Clutch Window Promo Special -Vfrd Only

SEBSPEED

Question

All, I am starting another run of parts. A big one.

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage. ***DONE***

Thank you to the first 15! Hope you enjoy your covers and post pics soon!

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike.

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

FYI, there's a clutch cover on eBay right now for $99.99 Item #291378995717

• Member Contributer

From the clutch cover pic thread:

I trailered Virginia down to Fort Wayne IN for Jamie Daugherty's suspension upgrades at the end of January and while having breakfast at a F W Ihop, a a fellow steps up to my table and asks if that is my great looking 5th gen with the Clear Clutch Cover on the trailer in the parking lot. V4Rocket, a VFRD member, said it blew his mind to see a beautiful VFR in F W in the middle of the winter. Not the first time someone has been stopped in their tracks over the SSCCC (SebSpeed Clear Clutch Cover). It also happened to me in Utah and California last year.

And don't forget all the MotoGP Umbrella Girls that will mob you when they see how cool you are!

• Member Contributer

From the clutch cover pic thread:

I trailered Virginia down to Fort Wayne IN for Jamie Daugherty's suspension upgrades at the end of January and while having breakfast at a F W Ihop, a a fellow steps up to my table and asks if that is my great looking 5th gen with the Clear Clutch Cover on the trailer in the parking lot. V4Rocket, a VFRD member, said it blew his mind to see a beautiful VFR in F W in the middle of the winter. Not the first time someone has been stopped in their tracks over the SSCCC (SebSpeed Clear Clutch Cover). It also happened to me in Utah and California last year.

And don't forget all the MotoGP Umbrella Girls that will mob you when they see how cool you are!

I stopped in at my local Honda dealer to pick up some oil, a filter, and a gasket for re-installing the cover and the guy at the counter asked what I had been up to with the bike. I had fixed a dent in the fuel tank of his bike earlier this year and we got to talking about bikes. When I showed him the photos of my bike with the clear cover he nearly lost it. Immediately wanted to know where I got the cover from, how much, and where to get one. All the guys at the dealer service and parts counter also want to see the bike in the flesh once the snow melts so that they can all see the wonderous "WINDOW TO THE SOUL" that is the Sebspeed Clear clutch Cover.

Will the clutch cover fit on a 2014 VFR800 Seb. One of the sales guys at the Honda dealer thought it would make a really cool addition to the bike on the showroom floor.

• Member Contributer

It certainly will fit a 2014! Probably one of the better applications too, with regard to the fairing shape.

I will do my damnest to make sure that we get one on a 2014 VFR800 in a Honda showroom. I'm sure that on looks alone they would say "HELL YA!!" Of course there is the liability issue of having a non-factory part installed on a bike that is still under warranty but you just never know right.

Seb, I sent you a new client after seeing my window. (83 vf) looking forward to seeing pics of his install. Do you want my old cover?

Thanks bud, I talked to Jeff the other day. Sounds like he has quite a few spares to work with, but thanks for the offer!

• Member Contributer

Well finally got the countersunk bolts, nuts and washers installed and replaced the cover. I ordered a new oil filler cap from Pro-bolt in red as well but they apparently sent me the wrong one as it does not fit at all. Threads are the wrong pitch and it is much too large diameter wise. The part number on the package corresponds to the one that Veefer800Canuck ordered but the one in the package is obviously not the one that should be in the bag. Pro-Bolt said they would expedite the shipping on the correct part at no charge and said to keep the one I had as the cost of return shipping would be higher than the cost of the part. Hmmmmm, there's a new one. LOL

When I ordered the countersunk washers and bolts I had a great deal of trouble of sourcing a local shop that had the right diameter washers for the clutch springs. The washers either had too large a hole or too small a diameter with the right sized hole. I ended up using the washers on the stock clutch spring bolts. Only difficulty there was the washers are designed to stay on the bolts because the threads have a larger diameter than the hole in the washer. Using a dremmel and a cutoff wheel, I nicked the heads of the stock bolts and used the factory washers underneath the countersunk Pro-Bolt washers. Interestingly enough, the factory washers and the Red Pro-Bolt washers are so close in diameter that I would call them identical. A number of people mentioned that stainless washers should be placed under the countersunk washers but I thought the factory washers would work as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong..

So here's a photo of the finished install with the polished pressure plate and red Pro-Bolt countersunk washers.

post-25028-0-82677500-1425010062.jpg

ALL HAIL SEB. GOD OF THE WINDOW!!!!

• Member Contributer

Oem washers no problem.

Looks very tasty!!

Speaking of tasty..

Hey Seb, this will make you long for your ancestral home....

post-8974-0-90556300-1425047293.jpg

:-)

• Member Contributer

ZoomZoom... what was the Pro Bolt part number you used for the red anodized washers if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks,

Nick

That looks sharp bud! Good work!

Hey Seb, will you be making any more? I would love to put one on my 99, let me know.

• Member Contributer

ZoomZoom... what was the Pro Bolt part number you used for the red anodized washers if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks,

Nick

Hey Nick

Sorry for the late reply. The Pro-Bolt part number I used for the countersunk washers is WAC619-5R. My assumption on the part number would (WAC - washer countersunk. 619 - M6 x 19 o/d. 5R - 5 pack Red). They had the washers in a variety of different Colors as well. Just be sure to check the outside diameter of the washers when ordering. Here is a link to the website for the part I ordered.

http://www.canada.probolt.com/aluminium/aluminium-nuts-washers/aluminium-countersunk-washers-m6-19mm-o-d-pk-x-5-red.html#.VPf0zIY76rU

The bolts I ordered to go with the washers were the polished stwinless bolts sized M6x30mm. The 30mm length bolts had the exact same grip length as the stock bolts by the time you added the countersunk washer and the washer from the factory bolt underneath the countersunk one. Worked out really well. The Pro-Bolt part number for the bolts was SSCS630-5. Again here is a link.

http://www.canada.probolt.com/stainless-steel/stainless-steel-bolts-and-washers-countersunk/stainless-steel-countersunk-bolt-m6-x-1-00mm-x-30mm-pk-x-5.html#.VPf3KoY76rU

Hope this helps. These were the part numbers off the Canadian site and show prices in Canadian dollars. The U.S. dollar prices were considerably less just in case you were wondering. As far as I know though the part numbers are the same regardless of which site you choose. I just went to the main site at Pro-BoltUSA and scrolled around to find what I was looking for. Here is a link to the main site if you need it. If you use one of the links I gave you for the bolts or washers you can change your country in the top right hand corner of the website by clicking on the appropriate country and it will re-direct you and show the appropriate pricing amounts.

http://www.probolt-usa.com

Archived