Clutch Window Promo Special -Vfrd Only

SEBSPEED

Question

All, I am starting another run of parts. A big one.

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage. ***DONE***

Thank you to the first 15! Hope you enjoy your covers and post pics soon!

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike.

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

I followed the link and they look great... question: they are made of anodized aluminum, is this ok for retaining clutch springs? What material are the OEM spring retainers made out of?

• Member Contributer

I followed the link and they look great... question: they are made of anodized aluminum, is this ok for retaining clutch springs? What material are the OEM spring retainers made out of?

Yes, the washers are anodized aluminum and given their overall thickness I would think they have more than enough strength to retain the springs without the bolt pulling though. Not sure what the clutch springs are made from but my guess would be stainless. I think one of the main reasons that most suggest the extra stainless washer beneath the anodized one is to provide extra strength and to help prevent galvanic corrosion occuring between the spring and the rear of the countersunk washer.

Updated original post.

Thank you again to the 15 VFRD folks who took advantage of the free shipping and $5 donation!!

I have plenty more covers, so get in touch if you'd like one! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Finally got everything bolted up today. Thanks to Sebspeed to making this modification possible and to all the other people in this thread I have bugged with questions! Not the world's best video but I think it gets the point across.

http://vid134.photobucket.com/albums/q86/Seslar/VID_20150414_175108926_zpsuiwca9zc.mp4

am I the only one who saw the reflection of a super cool v twin in the glass?

If you let me do one for your RC, you can park your bikes side by side and be lost in an infinity reflection of awesomeness. A flat black vortex, if you will...

Finally got everything bolted up today. Thanks to Sebspeed to making this modification possible and to all the other people in this thread I have bugged with questions! Not the world's best video but I think it gets the point across.

http://vid134.photobucket.com/albums/q86/Seslar/VID_20150414_175108926_zpsuiwca9zc.mp4

Nice job Nick, looks great!

• Member Contributer

Thanks everyone. I was debating about doing something with the ring (possibly blue to match the bike but I like the way it looks. If I did color it I would probably paint it the same color as the case. Only other thing I may do in the future is use some blue titanium bolts on the clutch springs.

As far as doing the RC I need to let my wallet cool off for a while. I have the rashed cover and its not going anywhere. I still need to get alot of things done to the 06 I just picked up.

Seb... what size screws do you use to hold the ring in place. I might want to pick up a few extras in case I have any issues with any of them. Thanks again for a GREAT MODIFICATION!!

Thanks everyone. I was debating about doing something with the ring (possibly blue to match the bike but I like the way it looks. If I did color it I would probably paint it the same color as the case. Only other thing I may do in the future is use some blue titanium bolts on the clutch springs.

As far as doing the RC I need to let my wallet cool off for a while. I have the rashed cover and its not going anywhere. I still need to get alot of things done to the 06 I just picked up.

Seb... what size screws do you use to hold the ring in place. I might want to pick up a few extras in case I have any issues with any of them. Thanks again for a GREAT MODIFICATION!!

I meant that Timmy should let me do his RC cover... but yeah I'll do yours too! :wink:

Screws are M3x.05, IIRC.

• Member Contributer

I meant that Timmy should let me do his RC cover... but yeah I'll do yours too! :wink:

Screws are M3x.05, IIRC.

Thanks.....

• Member Contributer
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 9:05 AM, Dutchy said:

Did anyone say blue??? :goofy:

torx_zpsd08f2af7.jpg

where o where can I buy that piece of bling

18 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

Yes sir, I am. The group buy offer including free shipping has passed, but I do have more parts! :)

Cool , thanks for the link .. going to contact you soon...

Need to know who wants powdercoat, I'm working on the first arrivals today, will ship out any I have ready for powder on Monday or Tuesday.

Please specify color (satin black fine texture is most popular), and, cover + ring, or cover only (bare ring).

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
On 11/17/2016 at 11:14 PM, 3dcycle said:

where o where can I buy that piece of bling

Sebspeed for the cover

Ebay for the washers

rattlecan red spray can for Euro 2,75

www.rvspaleis.nl  for the torx bolts :-)

• Member Contributer

Your last coat will have no pockets...

Live your dream, donot dream your life.

But,

it is your kitty....

:-)

IMAG2538.jpg

14 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

Sounds good. Not sure what you mean about a link... pm me here if you like.

lol, thought it was to your facebook page was the link...

• Member Contributer

who knows the OD of the clutch spring washers? ordering up some colored washers and want to get them in the right size.

I got the size for the bolts (6x1.00) 25mm long but parts fiche does not indicate washer size.

Archived