Clutch Window Promo Special -Vfrd Only

SEBSPEED

Question

All, I am starting another run of parts. A big one.

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage. ***DONE***

Thank you to the first 15! Hope you enjoy your covers and post pics soon!

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike.

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

If I would get one of these for Xmas, I would suspect my wife is cheating on me... :goofy:

Even look good at night!

post-8974-0-17446900-1415020756.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'd like to nominate SebSpeed for the Engineer Of The Year Award for spreading this Ducati-mocking technology so far among the VFRD Cognoscenti.

Do I hear a second-the-nomination?! :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Fun fact:

25% of all the bikes in the big 2014 VFRD calendar are sporting a clear clutch cover.

:smile:

I'd like to nominate SebSpeed for the Engineer Of The Year Award for spreading this Ducati-mocking technology so far among the VFRD Cognoscenti.

Do I hear a second-the-nomination?! :wheel:

How about Salesman of the Year? :goofy:

Izzat the 8th gen??

That is a 4th gen. 8th gen is the same as 5th and 6th though, you could be the first!

I have already paid for parts to be machined, so I am looking for folks to express commitment asap...

Rashes and damaged covers CAN be used here, please don't throw them away! lol

• Member Contributer

I think I may have to send my cover to you earlier than I thought Seb, my local temps have plummeted below freezing to -10 C (16 F) tonight and tomorrow they are calling for Ssssssshhhh SNOW FLURRIES. :(

But at least I will have shiny new parts that look WAY cooler to install later this winter when the snow is 6 ft deep and the driveway is covered in ice. Gotta look on the bright side.

• Member Contributer

1112140838_zpstavvrqz_edit_1415803034504

Heres mine. A little dented. Willit do? If so I will pay abd send PayPal...

1112140838a_zpsudoxzj9_edit_141580310106 closer look.

• Member Contributer

Mine looked like that when I sent it so I think you'll be good-to-go with that one. I get lots of favorable comments on mine in the field and highly recomend it as a cool farkle.

• Member Contributer

I've seen more than one ground down in lowsides....on my SV650 I had a nice protector made by Woodcraft...This is the next best thing and a lot prettier...

I don't need a minimum to sign up before I do work. I'm offering a discount to the first 15 in hopes of jump starting interest on all 35 available, and as a thank you to VFRD members specifically for all the support on the last couple runs.

I would not decline your gracious offer. :-)

• Member Contributer

I don't need a minimum to sign up before I do work. I'm offering a discount to the first 15 in hopes of jump starting interest on all 35 available, and as a thank you to VFRD members specifically for all the support on the last couple runs.

So basically I paypal you half and ship my cover when ready, yes?

So basically I paypal you half and ship my cover when ready, yes?

Yessir.

Seb, I like your cover mod and would pull my cover off if you can make a "never to be needed if you have one" (replaceable?) low side skid plate/case protector/barrel hoop/whadjyawannacallit. My concern is I don't want to grind up one of your very trick clutch covers on that fatefull day when gravity's pull overcomes my distorted sense of contact patch friction.

Perhaps not a full cover just a stainless or other high wear sacrificial item similar to what R&G has for other bikes' covers.

Archived