Clutch Window Promo Special -Vfrd Only

SEBSPEED

Question

All, I am starting another run of parts. A big one.

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage. ***DONE***

Thank you to the first 15! Hope you enjoy your covers and post pics soon!

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike.

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Hey Seb, I did indicate I'd be interested in another one but I wrecked the intended machine so I'm no longer in a position to buy one. :(

• Member Contributer

Can you arrange powdercoating to be completed before it is shipped back to me (at cost)?

Sorry to hear Terry.

007, it would be my preference to let the buyer work out the powdercoating details. I am more than happy to send it anywhere you wish, or to a shop I might recommend. However, at this time I am not comfortable being stuck between parties - it's just easier all around if you make your own arrangements.

Again, more than happy to help with color/texture ideas, and shipping, but it's a service that I'm not involved with and I don't have a place local to me that I can build a relationship with.

• Member Contributer

Seb, I love the look of these units. :-) Two questions which others may be thinking too = what has been your experience with replacement cover costs, and also with the powdercoating pricing? (Know it will vary new-used or local painter but trying to get an idea of ballpark)

Many thanks!

Dave.

Cover prices range dramatically. I've seen some good ebay scores, and I've had someone send a brand new part to be modified. I can make use of just about any cover you can find on the used market, provided the gasket surface is good.

Feel free to post a pic of a prospective part, if you're not sure of the condition.

Powdercoat pricing will vary (don't confuse it with painting,they are different finishes!). If I remember correctly, you can expect to pay around $50-60 for a satin black, fine texture pc finish.

I just saw this.

One of the guys on ASF/CF is looking for a replacement cover because of a failed attempt at this by a local "professional" on his girlfriends Vfr streetfighter. And his k4 gsxr 1000 fighter.

Just before a big ride.

Ahem.

I will let you know within a couple weeks. My Subaru spun a rod bearing and am in the middle of replacing the block.

My spare cover has a crack from center down to the dished portion of the sight glass.

I posted to OzVFR, no bites yet. Coming up to $Xmas could be a problem for some.

There is a very good candidate 5th Gen clutch cover on ebay motors at the moment... about as cheap as they come.

If you have a dented, cracked, rashed, or otherwise damaged cover: PLEASE post a picture here of send me a PM with the picture.

Chances are very good that I can repair the part while I have it for the mod. I do NOT need a "good" cover to start with.

The most common damage is cut away, and any additional cracks or gouges can be welded while I'm welding the ring on.

I have been thinking about getting one of these because they look so cool, but it would be a waste on my bike. I ride year round and wash it once or twice a year whether it needs it or not. With 70k miles it is far from a show bike.

I do have a rashed cover I was saving just in case I decided to do it though. If someone is interested in using that as a donor for this mod, PM me an offer. I can mail it directly to Seb for him to to do the work so you don't have to take yours apart to have it done.

I have been thinking about getting one of these because they look so cool, but it would be a waste on my bike. I ride year round and wash it once or twice a year whether it needs it or not. With 70k miles it is far from a show bike.

I do have a rashed cover I was saving just in case I decided to do it though. If someone is interested in using that as a donor for this mod, PM me an offer. I can mail it directly to Seb for him to to do the work so you don't have to take yours apart to have it done.

You haven't seen Timmy's bike, have you?

You haven't seen Timmy's bike, have you?

Not a thing out of place

1459936_10202394147834758_1871374277_n.j

I am leaning towards having it redone professionally in Asphalt.

VFR_for_sale.jpg

..and this leads me to another point. I did not have to cut any of my 5th gen fairing to use this clear cover. The fairing edge sticks out a few MMs more, but it went on with no modifications. The 6th gen exposes the whole cover, the 5th, about 80%

see here:

• Member Contributer

Seb, please count me in for one. :-) Just had a chance to check back on the site. PM me with what I need to do for payment etc. I'm in. Many thanks for doing this too.

(Ken, thank you kindly sir.)

Dave.

• Member Contributer

Ken, I just saw this. :-) I'll send a PM.

:cheerleader:

Seb, Ken; just clued in. Does the 5th gen cover work with the 6th? I'm hoping there's no difference? :wacko:

Looks like he got his answer, but if you check the parts fiche you will find the part# matches up for every 800 (Haven't looked at the 2014, but it's still a VTec engine) and also the RC45. If you have one and want a clear clutch on it... :cool::beer:

Personally, I bought a "new" 6th Gen cover for my '99 and sold the rashed '99 cover to a member for his 6th Gen with the SebSpeed mod.

Archived