Clutch Window Promo Special -Vfrd Only

SEBSPEED

Question

All, I am starting another run of parts. A big one.

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage. ***DONE***

Thank you to the first 15! Hope you enjoy your covers and post pics soon!

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike.

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Timmy, you really ought to give the old girl a fresh coat of satin black. It looks good in that pic.

Dgordon, 5th & 6th gen covers are interchangeable.

I did the wrinkle finish and it is starting flake a little . 2 years not bad but I think I will do the satin black next time .

Get a lot of comments about it at Deals Gap.

• Member Contributer

I think possibly, perhaps I see mine too? :biggrin: Regardless when it's ready, these are really cool. Thanks Seb. Switch, could I ask what you would recommend for painting/finishing these parts? I was going to try and source a local powder coat. But ensure they do not paint the mating surfaces. I actually really liked the wrinkle finish but if it doesn't hold up then would be very keen to get your recommendation.

Cheers.

Dave.

• Member Contributer

I think possibly, perhaps I see mine too? :biggrin: Regardless when it's ready, these are really cool. Thanks Seb. Switch, could I ask what you would recommend for painting/finishing these parts? I was going to try and source a local powder coat. But ensure they do not paint the mating surfaces. I actually really liked the wrinkle finish but if it doesn't hold up then would be very keen to get your recommendation.

Cheers.

Dave.

I found a chopper builder who painted it with a Honda-like black satin for $50. Looks like factory original. (On his work bench was a partially completed chopper with a Honda CB750 Four engine.)

• Member Contributer

Getting excited. Seb has shipped my window modded cover back to me so I should see it before Xmas hopefully. I'm looking forward to my baby having a window into its very soul.

• Member Contributer

Side note for somebody needing a cover for this and or for replacement .

These guys have great price for the cover, dont know why.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053f5a6f870021c54be7b28/right-crankcase-cover

COVER, R.
11330-MW4-020 $224.31

Shipping is $18 .

• Member Contributer

Received my cover yesterday. Wow. What a work of art. Not sure if I should install it or mount it on the wall. :fing02: Absolutely beautiful. Decided to powder coat. Is it accurate to assume the cover needs cleaning and then ensuring the coater does not hit the mating surface, or the internal thread for the oil cap? Is it okay for them to paint the area where the plastic oil view window is? Lastly, how far up the welded on piece is it wise to go? (I'm thinking just below the glass mating surface thingy?)

Seb, awesome work and many thanks to you for this product and also Ken for the surplus cover.

Cheers.

Dave.

• Member Contributer

Love mine! Thanks Seb...

2 questions, does the ring need to be painted to protect the metal (I kinda like the silver look) and to what force spec should the ring fasteners be torqued?

Archived