Clutch Window Promo Special -Vfrd Only

SEBSPEED

Question

All, I am starting another run of parts. A big one.

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage. ***DONE***

Thank you to the first 15! Hope you enjoy your covers and post pics soon!

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike.

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Since I have a 5th gen parts bike in the garage and the cover from the 5th gen is apparently the same cover as the 6th gens from what I understand, here are the measurements from the 5th gen.

Outside Diameter of Clutch Spring Bolt Washer in millimeters

IMG_4503.JPG

Outside Diameter of Clutch Spring in millimeters

FullSizeRender.jpg

And Finally the Inside Diameter of the Clutch Sping Hole in the Clutch Pressure Plate in Millimeters (taken as far down as the calipers would reach.  The diameter of the hole at the top was 21.74 mm

FullSizeRender.jpg

And, shameless plug here, I have a polished clutch pressure plate for a 5th gen for sale should anyone be interested.  According to the parts fiche from Partzilla the clutch pressure plate ( Honda part number 22350-MBG-D00 ) will fit all VFR800's from 2000-2015.  Notice I say 2000 to current, however the clutch pressure plate ( Honda Part number 22350-ML7-000 ) for the same part from 98-99 will also fit 94 to 97 VFR750 and 98-2001 VFR800.  If anyone is interested in the Polished Pressure Plate, please shoot me a PM.

IMG_4378.JPG 

• Member Contributer

thanks that's perfect. now what is the consensus on aluminum washers in this application? are they strong enough for the long haul?

https://www.probolt-usa.com/checkout/cart/

here is what I am looking at. I think my preferred method is the last 2 best price,bling and should be able to hold up to the clutch long term.

• Member Contributer
39 minutes ago, 3dcycle said:

thanks that's perfect. now what is the consensus on aluminum washers in this application? are they strong enough for the long haul?

https://www.probolt-usa.com/checkout/cart/

here is what I am looking at. I think my preferred method is the last 2 best price,bling and should be able to hold up to the clutch long term.

Hey 3D

I purchased the washers and bolts for my cover upgrade from Pro-Bolt as well, and I have had the cover installed and in use now for 2+ years and about 10-15,000 km's now with no issues.  One thing I did that might have been different was that I used the washers from the factory bolts and placed them beneath the coloured Pro-Bolt washers.  I too was concerned about the possible strength of the Pro-Bolt washers and whether the constant pressure of the springs might cause a deformation in the Pro-Bolt washers.  Since the factory washers are not removable from the factory bolts, I used a dremmel tool and cut off disc to nip th heads off the factory bolts so that I could remove the washers.  The factory washers are slightly smaller in diameter than the Pro-Bolt washers that I ordered, and they don't show at all on my bike.  Installed on the bike, they look like this.

IMG_4186.JPG

On 11/19/2016 at 9:05 AM, Dutchy said:

Sebspeed for the cover

Ebay for the washers

rattlecan red spray can for Euro 2,75

www.rvspaleis.nl  for the torx bolts :-)

Wait... You can rattle can the pressure plate? I thought that had to be powdercoated since it had contact with oil and such. 

• Member Contributer

sanded, prime, paint, clearcoat.

powdercoat will be perfect, but I reconed that if needed, I could take the plate out again easily..

Archived