Clutch Window Promo Special -Vfrd Only

SEBSPEED

Question

All, I am starting another run of parts. A big one.

I will make a $5 VFRD site donation for each of the first 15 buyers to take advantage. ***DONE***

Thank you to the first 15! Hope you enjoy your covers and post pics soon!

This offer covers all generations of VFR. If you are a VFR owner, the window can be made to fit your bike.

What I require to perform the mod is:

1. Your clutch cover, or a spare cover, shipped to me.
2. A total payment of $250 + return shipping charge (not applicable in this case), via PayPal.

What you will need to do to complete the mod:
1. Ship your donor cover, or drop ship a donor cover via ebay/etc.
2. Make down payment
3. Make final payment when mod is complete
4. Paint or powdercoat the cover
5. Install with new gasket

As showcased in other threads, you may also paint or powdercoat your pressure plate to display the color of your choice.

Currently, I do not offer paint or powdercoat services, but I can help with some recommendations if needed. I am working on setting up media blast capability, which as a later option would aid a buyer in a DIY paint finish. More on that, at a later date.

At this time, I am making this reduced price offer only to active VFR owners, but I will have more than 15 covers available soon at the normal pricing.

Feel free to send me a PM, but please make sure you post in this thread if interested, as I will use this thread for tracking purposes.

A number of pictures and additional info can be found here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/68201-clear-clutch-window/

Thanks for looking!

3264AB90-F360-435C-9F0B-4ADBCCCAA37A-394

513B39F0-F066-48DB-882A-70DE02B792D1-208

3ebe2701.jpg

2c6f1912.jpg

• Answers 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on ideas for a replaceable crash protection. At this time though, I am not offering one.

I need to cover my cost on this batch of parts before I pursue additional parts.

That said... any more takers? :smile:

• Member Contributer

I am working on ideas for a replaceable crash protection. At this time though, I am not offering one.

I need to cover my cost on this batch of parts before I pursue additional parts.

+1

Sorry, I should have added that I plan to integrate the crash protection with the current ring setup - it would be to your advantage to get in on a window setup now. The crash protection piece will be an add-on.

• Member Contributer

Seb, I am really looking forward to getting this done. From all the notes and research I've done, along with the simple visuals, this is such a nice and very well made product which adds character to an already wonderful bike. Mine's a keeper and to it I add this. :-) I'd say to anyone checking these out, do your research and you'll recognize a wonderful product.

Cheers

Dave

• Member Contributer

Any thought to making the rings large enough to facilitate a clutch removal? It is now a tad too small.

Noted that too..

But gaskets are cheap...

But it still is a piece of art................

post-8974-0-01309300-1416559421.jpg

Any thought to making the rings large enough to facilitate a clutch removal? It is now a tad too small.

This may be feasible for the later gens, but not for 86-97 bikes.

At this time I have 35 sets that need to sell. Once they are gone, or close to gone, I can see about redesigning and re-quoting a new style.

• Member Contributer

Like to do one for my '85 1KR and '93 VFR but bike project funds are on hold at least until spring unfortunately, may have a look then.

I have had two VFR riders stop me around town and ask about my 5G's window, "what the heck is that and where do I get one?" I've given them the info about Seb, The Magician in New York, hopefully they'll stop in and buy one.

The snow is on the ground and the bike is getting overhauled! This would be a nicce touch. Will pull off the side case next week and package it up. Count me in!

Can you please PM and tell me where I am sending it and how you would prefer payment.

Thanks

Bob

Here is an example of a cover I cut today.

This is to illustrate how a rashed, dented, or broken cover can be used for this mod.

The section inside the scribed line will be cut away.

20141202_180739_zpslsdvdgr2.jpg

Guest Recalcitrance

I have an old cracked clutch cover. Not sure if it's usable for this but if anyone wants it, you can have it. Just pay for shipping and I'll send it wherever you want.

post-23419-0-85289500-1417580836.jpg post-23419-0-08026400-1417580818.jpg

post-23419-0-44443600-1417580830.jpg post-23419-0-32074400-1417580824.jpg

post-23419-0-65497500-1417580808.jpg

I have an old cracked clutch cover. Not sure if it's usable for this but if anyone wants it, you can have it. Just pay for shipping and I'll send it wherever you want.

That looks like it hurt a little!

The cover is useable - I can add a window, or repair it. I'm sure someone here will be happy to have it.

• Member Contributer

Hello all,

I have question. I am getting Seb to do a clutch cover mod for my 1994 4th Gen RC36. Does a 1986 RC24/26 2nd Gen clutch casing fit? all the research I have done seems to say it will as the gasket and a lot of the clutch & starter clutch assembly parts are shared for all vfr750's with only external differences i.e. the position of the oil filler and the outside shape of the cover at the starter clutch. Any help to answer this question will be greatly appreciated and will widen the catch area for anyone else that is searching for clutch casing.

Thanks,

BigB.

I do not have 15 yet.

I do not require 15 people to start - I am already producing the first few that signed up. Looking to fill the other slots as quickly as I can though!

And yes, as far as this mod is concerned, the 5th & 6th (& RC45) are identical.

• Member Contributer

so what is the current time it takes to turn one around (excl shipping)?

Archived