Alternative Ram Mount System

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hey Fred,

What I want to know is where did you find the low mileage 4th gen???? Looks very clean!

I know! I know! :goofy:

:cool: md

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hi all,

I received my alternative ram mount last week and had a chance to install it over the weekend.

It's well made, quick and easy install and highly recommend it over the standard mount you can purchase from RAM.

From necessity comes great products. :)

Now all I need to do is hurry up and wait for the snow to melt.

Thanks again Huntinggunns!

• 4 weeks later...

don't feel bad, mine was worse than that yesterday...i dusted it with my glove while i was riding...!!!

i like the Titanium color, would like to see it in person, it was never offered in the U.S.....i like my red too

has anyone lost the rubber tips from the x grip ??? a dab of weatherstrip or hand grip glue inside of them will keep you off of your hands and knees in the parking lot...i think there's one down behind my radiator

• Member Contributer

Hey that picture was taken after a pretty long ride :-D ...

• Member Contributer

the cheque is in the mail

I was only helping that sheep cross the road

:goofy:

The oak trees are pollinating up a wild orgy around here. I walk up for the ride home and the bike will be covered in a layer of this greenish-yellow stuff.

SpringhasSprung_zps9fbd78c0.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Still making & selling these for a 6th gen?

Greg, yes. Just got the order in from Fastenal for the bolts. Send me a pm.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

I tried many iterations of GPS mount points on my sixth gen. One trial was an extended stem mount. I fabricated a bicycle-type stem mount.

8160284004_67cbf19882_c.jpg

This thing cinches up so tight that I could probably lift the motorcycle off the ground with it... It does not move.

But ultimately, I stole Didit's idea and mounted my GPS directly to my screen.... right where I always wanted it.

3725366770_014f5f4b30_z.jpg?zz=1

I kinda like this too. Where did this mount come from? Sorry, I haven't read all 9 pages yet.

Very nice job, I have a system set up on my bike also but is for my Adaptive Technologies Radar and Laser Detector. It lets me know when I need to slow down because cops are ahead. I can't tell you how many times it has saved me from speeding past a cop, and it is legal here in California.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I have a member that got the mount for a 7th Gen a few days before he got his LSL bars. The mount will not work with the LSL bars installed. If any one needs a 7th Gen mount that has not been used, only installed for a few days, please PM me or Denny12.

Thanks

post-23916-0-23401100-1403571474.jpg

this is the Ram mount that i have on my Valkyrie...should work for you with the LSL kitpost-23916-0-87139900-1403571613.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Ok guys. I have 11 of the 7th Gen mounts ready to go. This will take care of the 5 members on the list that have been waiting with a few extra to go to anyone else that is interested. I will send PM's to the folks on the list that have been waiting in a bit. Now, I have made a small change to the 4th/5th/6th Gen mount. I have verified that the black cap is the same part number for all 3 gens. I think it looks OE now with the modified black cap made for those Gens instead of the silver insert showing or the 7th Gen version installed. What do you guys think?

Im confused about the cap or non cap on the 6th gen, can a picture be posted one way verses the other, seems to me with ram mount in the hole, you wouldn't need a cap installed?

Not sure what the confusion is. You can install the mount without the black cap but it does not look as good. I wanted these units to look like an OE part. With the black cap, it looks just like it came from the factory that way. Look at the photos where I made the design change and you will see the difference.

• Member Contributer

Just got back from 3000 km trip with this RAM mount, an iPhone and GPS. Worked great, very stable, keeps stuff off the bars, which I like! Here are some pics of the set up. Thanks Huntingguns

post-72-0-87591200-1408381227.jpg

post-72-0-57424700-1408381254.jpg

post-72-0-18074700-1408381268.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hey, any more of these on the radar? My tank mount resulted in a rubbed spot on the tank when I use the a camera so I'd prefer to move it to the stem. Thanks!

i use the Waze app on my cell phone for GPS....better than the Garmins i've owned....works well with the Scala G4, ...does phone, music and GPS seamlessly

post-23916-0-26515300-1408447131.jpg

post-23916-0-73030600-1408447139.jpg

post-23916-0-73560100-1408447171.jpg

Archived